Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 15:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021

2022 Ford Everest has been spotted on Australian roads undergoing final validation testing.

Ford Everest will adopt a front-end appearance and C-shaped headlight clusters inspired by the Ford F-Series pick-up in the US, to give it a bolder appearance

Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021-smartselect_20210525154704_chrome.jpg

The Ford Everest has also been developed to adopt hybrid technology, however this option is not expected to be available in Australia initially, and could follow at a later date.

Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021-smartselect_20210525154714_chrome.jpg

The SUV will switch to the twin-turbo 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel as the standard engine, and have a turbo-diesel 3.0-litre V6 as an option for flagship variants.

Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021-smartselect_20210525154721_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th May 2021 at 15:52.
Venkatesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 16:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021

Ford is working on the next-generation Endeavour. The SUV, which is sold in the Australian market as the 'Everest', was recently spotted undergoing testing near Melbourne.

Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021-newgenfordendeavourspypics3.jpg

The spy images show a completely camouflaged SUV, suggesting a lot of design updates and feature additions on the car. According to reports, the next-generation Ford Endeavour is said to get a new front fascia with C-shaped LED headlamps inspired by the F-series pickup truck range in the USA.

Other design updates include a redesigned front bumper with larger air intakes, black alloy wheels with low profile tyres, blacked out roof rails, roof-mounted spoiler, tweaked rear bumper and updated LED tail lights.

Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021-newgenfordendeavourspypics2.jpg

Although there are no details of the interiors, Ford is expected to significantly update the cabin, offering a bunch of additional features and equipment.

Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021-newgenfordendeavourspypics1.jpg

The Australian-spec Ford Everest is expected to feature a new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine which will replace the old 3.2-litre five-cylinder diesel unit. The range-topping variant of the SUV, though, will be powered by a 3.0-litre, V6 turbo-diesel engine. The SUV is also expected to feature hybrid technology. However, this variant is expected to be introduced at a later stage.

The new Everest is expected to have its global unveil later this year. It is scheduled to be launched in Australia sometime early next year, before making its way to the Indian market sometime during mid-2022.

Source: CarAdvice

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 25th May 2021 at 16:20.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 16:41   #3
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021

Vertically stacked headlamps, perhaps inspired from the F150. I have a feeling this will be even butch than the model it replaces. Somehow the design of the existing Endeavour too doesn't feel outdated to me.

I hope Ford exists in India to give us the newer Endeavour
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 17:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: The next-gen Ford Endeavour (aka Everest) is coming in 2022

Proportions are perfect and appears to have a lot of road presence. 2022 Australia launch means we might get this our shores mid 2023 or early 2024! From pictures, looks lot more wider than existing Endeavour and hope has shed some weight too. This confirms that, current gen Endeavour will not get the Bi-Turbo variant in India. Next gen Endeavour might be last iteration before world switches over to EV. Game On.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 17:20   #5
BHPian

Thanks for this scoop!

Excited to see how Ford prices this vehicle when it eventually makes its way to us sometime next year. If Ford has done a similar job to the current model, I'm sure it will be a hit! Really love the fact that Ford takes cues from the global lineup and puts them in the Indian market too, for me personally that adds to the appeal.
Old 25th May 2021, 17:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hope it's as good as the renders online! I can only imagine how good the V6 diesel would be to drive. But like all good things, we won't be getting it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021-images.jpeg  

giri1.8 is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 18:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Ford is working on the next-generation Endeavour. The SUV, which is sold in the Australian market as the 'Everest', was recently spotted undergoing testing near Melbourne.
Great scoop! However, what sounds a tad disappointing is this extract from the caradvice article:

Quote:
The photos show Ford has clearly pivoted to a more road-focused alternative for the new Everest line-up, with low-profile road-biased tyres designed to better handle the daily grind rather than off-road tracks.
If this is true then the Endeavour will lose its butch appeal and capability to an extent. I wish I am proven wrong!
cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 18:37   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a proper full-sized 5m SUV! Won't be competing with the Fortuner size-wise then, but somehow it will have to be priced in the vicinity of the Fortuner to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
If this is true then the Endeavour will lose its butch appeal and capability to an extent. I wish I am proven wrong!
The current-gen Everest in Australia also gets 20 inch tyres, which are definitely more road-focused but at the same time Ford India kept the 18 inchers, keeping Indian roads and off-roading in mind. If and when this comes to India, it will surely be getting 18 inchers or 19 inchers at max.

The F-150 inspired headlights will definitely give it an enhanced butch look

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 25th May 2021 at 18:39.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 18:42   #9
BHPian

My wishlist from new gen Endeavour -
  • Raptor-ish big intakes and grill
  • Square off some of the round-ish edges of current gen model
  • Little more pronounced/flared wheel arches
  • A killer diesel engine to really complement the wild/radical looking beast

The spy images seems to address few of these points.
Old 25th May 2021, 19:09   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The next gen Endeavour will sure have a F150 inspired front end. The style, the increased(?) size and the almost 2+ years headstart over the next gen Fortuner should make the Endeavour a pretty popular choice in India. Add to that the segment inching towards the half crore mark, am pretty sure it will come with the v6 diesel in the top variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
I hope Ford exists in India to give us the newer Endeavour
Didn't think about that. Back to reality...
DicKy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 22:10   #11
BHPian

Given how good the current generation Everest/Endeavour is, i am really expecting a lot from this next generation car. I hope ford will bring the V6 diesel to india, otherwise 2.0 L diesel seems too puny for this size of the car, even in the bi-turbo guise.

Since, toyota is expected to launch diesel hybrid in the next generation fortuner/innova, V6 will not only give this ford superiority to take the fight to its arch enemy but it can also take some market share from the Land Rovers and big German SUVs. V6 will also make it justify that inevitable price tag of Rs 50L OTR for the top variant as currently no other car is available with a V6 engine within Rs 50L OTR price bracket in our market.
Old 26th May 2021, 09:47   #12
BHPian

The question is whether Ford will invest the money to retool their factories and push vendors to supply for a low volume product?

If I remember right, Ford's daily production capacity for the Endeavor was just around 35-40 vehicles per day in their mini production line that exists in a small corner of the Ecosport plant.

I think Ford will continue selling the current gen in India. They could have easily localised and built the Ranger pick-up version here to compete with the likes of Isuzu Mcross which people are mostly buying and modifying but they haven't done that.

Last edited by ZenMaster : 26th May 2021 at 09:47. Reason: Typo, grammatical error
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 09:53   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
IMHO, the current Endeavour too offers excellent on-road behaviour, unlike the Fortuner which is good offroad but terribly bumpy on-road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
The question is whether Ford will invest the money to retool their factories and push vendors to supply for a low volume product?
At 500 - 900 units / month, the current Endeavour is an insane profit-making machine. If Ford sticks around in India, I think it will shrink its product portfolio and concentrate only on selling high margin products like the Endeavour, EcoSport etc. No need to chase volumes. One can be happy even running a smaller, but profitable operation.

We had better get the higher-tune 2.0 turbo-diesel in India! And perhaps, Ford could offer the 6-cylinder diesel to customers who aren't price sensitive & want the best? If they could successfully sell the 3.2L in India, I don't see why not. The Endeavour truly needs an answer to the Fortuner's ever-improving 2.8L motor.

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2021 at 09:55.
GTO is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 18:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

There’s every company who’s into making an SUV. But few make a good impression - most of them is a hit or a miss most of the times. But, with Ford, I don’t think they’ve missed anything with their line up of SUVs, at least referring to the current line up. We should all accept Ford makes wonderful eye smacking SUVs. I can’t think of any SUV in the current line up that I really want to deny of its looks. They stand true to the character an SUV should embody! Just look at this massive next gen endeavor, god! Hope to buy one of these in the future

Last edited by gururajrv : 26th May 2021 at 18:22.
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 12:55   #15
BHPian

Ford Endeavor with a V6 for 50 lakhs OTR? The cheapest new v6 car in India today is priced no less than 80 lakhs.
If it is paired with a sensible transmission, it will be an instant hit among the enthusiasts. May Ford not give the v6 to India a miss.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed