Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 22:39   #46
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hey guys I could hook you up with EVO 9 RS's in dubai (0 kms) for about 12 lakhs there if your interested...
Old 9th October 2007, 00:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
hey guys I could hook you up with EVO 9 RS's in dubai (0 kms) for about 12 lakhs there if your interested...
nitroxx the car would not be able to enter the country as it would be a LHD unless you get it via the carnet way. you might want to check out the avir car market, you might find a low km done RHD car that would be cheaper.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:11   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

I have always wanted an Evo ever since I saw it on Top Gear and then raced it in NFS Underground and modified and customised it.

This just enhances my desire..... I could sell a kidney to get hold of one of these !!
Old 9th October 2007, 20:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
I have always wanted an Evo ever since I saw it on Top Gear and then raced it in NFS Underground and modified and customised it.

This just enhances my desire..... I could sell a kidney to get hold of one of these !!
if only the trade-in of a kidney would help get hold of an Evo.. I'm pretty sure there'd be 1000s of Evos on the roads..
Old 6th December 2007, 06:27   #50
Senior - BHPian

It didn't take long for Japan's journalists to get the new STI and EVO X side by side, and the results are now officially in. Tsukuba circuit regulars Kazuo Shimizu and Manabu Kawaguchi spent an afternoon thrashing around the notoriously twisty short circuit just north of Tokyo and here (drum roll please) are the best times they could ring out of the AWD rivals: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X : 1:06:46
Subaru Impreza WRX STI : 1:05:95
So there you have it. The new engine placed further forward in the engine bay of the EVO X than in the EVO IX has indeed proven to be a handicap, while the STI's "wheel at each corner" longer wheelbase plus new double wishbone rear suspension has proved its worth.
Neither car is quite as quick as its immediate ancestor though.

Check out this 15 year rivalry of the EVO vs the STI as recorded at Tsukuba after the jump.

[Source: CAR Top magazine]

EVO X vs STI - Tsukuba Lap Times - Autoblog

Id still rather have the evo x
Old 6th December 2007, 22:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Arrgghh!!! I was hoping the Evo would whoop the STi's read end.
Somehow I just can't take a liking to the Impreza's new look.
Old 6th December 2007, 22:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Whats 1 second between friends?
Old 7th December 2007, 00:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Whats 1 second between friends?
True..between friends 1 sec may be nothing.But for those serious street racing fanatics,it could mean the world.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:58   #54
BHPian

I guess in the end its gonna be price wars that'll decide who's the winner. With mitsubishi offering the Dual Clutch transmission as an option Subaru will really have to keep a low price for its (Manual ONLY) STI. Folks who shell out 37K for a STI could spend 3k more and buy a dual clutch EVO for the convenience. I wish I had the cash I'd buy the EVO with the dual clutch. They say that NVH levels have really really gone low. I drove the EVO IX and it was noisy as hell inside the cabin. But this ones good and so is the STI.
Old 7th December 2007, 01:00   #55
BHPian

Actually one more update for you all . You know how Subaru has two Turbo versions one is the WRX and the other is the STI. Well Mitsubishi is planning a WRX competitor. Now this one will come with a tuned down engine from the EVO IX outputting 260bhp and AWD from the same. So basically what you'd be driving is a EVO IX for price that'd be close to a WRX.
Now thats serious competition for Subaru coz they've really ****#$ up their cars this year except for the STI.
Old 7th December 2007, 01:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Actually one more update for you all . You know how Subaru has two Turbo versions one is the WRX and the other is the STI. Well Mitsubishi is planning a WRX competitor. Now this one will come with a tuned down engine from the EVO IX outputting 260bhp and AWD from the same. So basically what you'd be driving is a EVO IX for price that'd be close to a WRX.
Now thats serious competition for Subaru coz they've really ****#$ up their cars this year except for the STI.
Interesting!! Given that the Evo's design is dated,but definitely much better than the Impreza's new look. Price it right,and any version of the Evo will sell better.
Old 7th December 2007, 03:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

Just today, I was discussing with a friend about the Evo X. Now, stumbled upon this thread.

The car looks fantastic, I am a total admirer of this machine.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 7th December 2007 at 03:16.
Old 7th December 2007, 03:59   #58
Senior - BHPian

raghu,when I saw the 2008 Lancer at the Mitsubishi showroom sometime in April this year,I thought it was simply amazing to look at. Drop the Evo X..and I was stunned! Damn!! Thats one really mean looking Evo!
Old 7th December 2007, 23:19   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Interesting!! Given that the Evo's design is dated,but definitely much better than the Impreza's new look. Price it right,and any version of the Evo will sell better.
Well it won't look like the old EVO dude. It'll look like the current EVO but with an engine from the EVO IX ...and this won't even be called the EVO i think.
It'll be the EVO RALLIART. So price it right and its a winner.
Old 7th December 2007, 23:49   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Well it won't look like the old EVO dude. It'll look like the current EVO but with an engine from the EVO IX ...and this won't even be called the EVO i think.
It'll be the EVO RALLIART. So price it right and its a winner.
yup bhupi..What I meant was that the new Lancer's body will be used in the RALLIART. Eitherways,it looks so much better than the Impreza.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks