Team-BHP - Oh my , I just hope this is what the new 2010 5 series looks like(rendering from AMS)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Oh my , I just hope this is what the new 2010 5 series looks like(rendering from AMS) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/23907-oh-my-i-just-hope-what-new-2010-5-series-looks-like-rendering-ams-2.html)

oh wow, that is just amazing. much much better than the current 5 series.
so what happened at bmw? bangle got fired?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 433963)
Headlamps, the way they peel back. General front end first impression. Rear three quarters view too. Only the wide body effect of the S is missing. Slap on some arches and you'll see.

I apologise. However, I thought that the lifespan is about 6 years, and seeing as how I remember deliveries of the 220 S started in 2000, and the 221 in 2006, 2011-2012 would seem about right for the next one to start peeking out.

True, more like the current gen S80 from the rear 3/4 to me though.

The design looks a bit bland to me.. All that muscular shape would translate to acres of plain and bulky looking sheet metal on the real car.

Bland, Boring, looks like the S (on the basis of a few cosmetic details), perhaps the E60 has grown on us in this forum. But according to me, my 5 series is the E34 (and to some extent the E39). Much the same way as my 3 series is the E30 and also the E36. So my BMW will be evolution of those cars. But then one is free to call me old fashioned. However I will agree to anyone saying that the E34 was also a break from the Gandini designed predecessor, but then E34 was perceived as a good design rather than what the bangleised designs conveyed.

As per this design, overlooking the cosmetic bits like headlamps & taillamps would leave no doubt that this is a BMW bodyshell. But then with every other car maker getting into the domain it has somewhat become hard to associate the original entity.

However, I would personally like to see the return of 4 round headlights housed in horizontal slats flanking the kidney grille.

Future projected BMW 5 series is like photocopy of the new lexus GS ..the body structure,the tail lights,Front end with a little difference all look exactly the same on bemmer..........:)

it looks good man,but i think it is a bit outdated for 2010.

Innit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 433963)
Headlamps, the way they peel back. General front end first impression. Rear three quarters view too. Only the wide body effect of the S is missing. Slap on some arches and you'll see. ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 434636)
... looks like the S (on the basis of a few cosmetic details) ...

Dunno guys, I still can't see it. :confused:

The rear 3/4 view does look like a blander S80 though.

Yeah, it does look a lil outdated for 2010...looks more like '08. But it certainly does evolve from the current 5-series, which is quite a disaster looks wise. Just a personal opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf (Post 435203)
Dunno guys, I still can't see it. :confused:

Even I dont, that was part of the responses I was seeing in the previous posts, that this is Bland boring and takes cue-es from the S.

Anyway, what people see as bland is what I would call understated styling.

Hmmm.. For some reason, i like the present design of the 5 series.
This however looks too much like the 3 series. Will definitely be outdated by the time it is launched.. Unless its launched in the next year or so.