Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 15:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

2022 Porsche Macan facelift offers more power & added tech

Porsche has unveiled the 2022 Macan facelift SUV for the international market.

Porsche will be offering the SUV in three variants - Macan, Macan S & Macan GTS. The SUV misses out on the Turbo trim, which is said to have been discontinued completely. The new 2022 facelift version also features plenty of subtle design updates, both inside and out, along with a revised powertrain as well.

2022 Porsche Macan facelift offers more power & added tech-2022porschemacanfacelift1.jpeg

In terms of design changes, the 2022 Porsche Macan facelift now comes with an updated front grille, larger alloy wheels (ranging from 19 - 21 inches), revised LED headlamps and a tweaked diffuser at the rear. The GTS trim further comes with blacked-out elements all around, along with a unique rear diffuser.

2022 Porsche Macan facelift offers more power & added tech-2022porschemacanfacelift2.jpeg

On the inside, the Macan facelift now comes with a revamped cabin and dashboard layout, in line with that of its larger siblings. However, the most significant change is the removal of the physical buttons on the centre console, which has now been replaced by touch-sensitive panels with haptic feedback. Porsche now also allows more freedom for customers to customise the interiors, according to their taste.

2022 Porsche Macan facelift offers more power & added tech-2022porschemacanfacelift4.jpeg

The 2022 Porsche Macan facelift now comes with two engine options. The base trim continues to be powered by an updated version of the 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. It now produces 265 BHP and 430 Nm; an increase of 13 BHP and 50 Nm from the outgoing version.

2022 Porsche Macan facelift offers more power & added tech-2022porschemacanfacelift3.jpeg

The Macan S and the Macan GTS, are now powered by a 2.9-litre V6 turbo-petrol engine, replacing the older 3.0-litre V6. The engine on the Macan S is tuned to produce 380 BHP, while on the GTS variant it churns out 440 BHP. All three trims come with a four-wheel-drive system and Porsche's PDK dual-clutch automatic transmission unit as standard.

Porsche claims that the new range-topping Macan GTS trim is capable of sprinting from 0 - 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds. It is also said to have a top speed of 272 km/h.

This is the second facelifted version of the Macan SUV, since its launch back in 2014. Porsche though has confirmed that the next-generation Macan will be fully electric and is scheduled to arrive in 2023.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 20th July 2021 at 15:27.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 11:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2022 Porsche Macan facelift offers more power & added tech

This is one of the sexiest crossovers on sale in the world. It handles in a way that no crossover has the right to. Even Porsche purists are taken aback at the drive quality - "raised 911" is a suitable term for it. Porsche executed this car to perfection & the facelift makes it better. If only Porsche India would handle the pricing, variants & supplies properly, we'd see way more of them on our roads. DBHPian Sahil recently picked up a pre-worshipped one and if you have that kind of money in your pocket, you should too. The perfect combination of practicality + sportiness.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2021 at 11:08.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 11:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Updated Macan will co-exist with all-new EV Macan, which is due in 2023.

2022 Porsche Macan facelift offers more power & added tech-20210721_113847.jpg

Quote:
In Porsche engineering director Michael Steiner’s words, that’s “so customers and regulators can choose", and because the company does “not know how fast the switchover will happen in different regions”.
2022 Porsche Macan facelift offers more power & added tech-002_macan_s_front.jpg

First deliveries are set for October. The Macan costs from £47,780, the Macan S from £53,300 and the GTS from £64,770.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 12:18   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
DBHPian Sahil recently picked up a pre-worshipped one and if you have that kind of money in your pocket, you should too. The perfect combination of practicality + sportiness.
Best part of pre-worshipped, you don't need to have THAT kind of money

I agree with GTO the Macan is not an SUV by heart, it's got 911 DNA. Mine has a remap and boyyyy does it love to be floored. Even though my daily drive is a NA v8, i really really look forward to driving the Macan whenever my sister lets me (yes, she's a lucky girl and only self drives most often!).
I recently did a boys trip with the Macan and had a new found respect for it after spending time with it on the highway. Yes, it is tight at the rear but with 2 at the back there were no complaints especially when the thrill is so high, no one cares about comfort.
The engine is a gem and with the remap its a whole new level(0 to 100 in 5.5sec). But what really shines on our roads is the air suspension! All occupants were raving about the floaty/cushion ride while in my head I was smiling with how well it handles. Two very contrary feelings but you can't ask for a better blend.
At high speeds when you see some uneven patches, you often have you brake hard to not break your back, but in the Macan I just slowed down a bit and it ate up the uneven patches without a thud!

@GTO - Here is my much very delayed,very short review
Sahil is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 14:33   #5
BHPian

With all AMG’s flying in at various price points..is the Macan worth the price ?

Can it hold it’s own in terms of price and performance ?
Old 22nd July 2021, 06:49   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
With all AMG’s flying in at various price points..is the Macan worth the price ?

Can it hold it’s own in terms of price and performance ?
i think the brand Porsche thrives on its uniqueness and comparative rarity. the extra premium pricing they are charging over say a GLS or X3/5 is the genuine sports car lineage and styling. If only about sprint-numbers and practicality the Macan /cayenne would loose out AMGs and Ms.
Old 22nd July 2021, 12:13   #7
BHPian

This car is my retirement goal car as it has been summed up in this thread - perfect combination of sportiness and practicality. Any update on the pricing? I read they have increased the prices with this version.
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:28   #8
BHPian

Beautiful from the outside. Beautiful inside. And way more beautiful behind the wheel. Every Porsche car is excellent but personally I have great regard for 911, Cayenne, Macan and Taycan. Can't wait to see this beauty in pure EV form.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 20:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
This car is my retirement goal car as it has been summed up in this thread - perfect combination of sportiness and practicality. Any update on the pricing? I read they have increased the prices with this version.

My question is..is a car smaller than an Audi Q5 worth 2.5 times it’s price.

Especially when we know the delays from Porsche India in servicing and parts etc.

Wanted to know a practical perspective.

This car is easily worth someone’s life savings.
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 21:48   #10
BHPian

Lovely car this one ! The interior looks like a fighter jet cockpit. The fit and finish will last forever. Wish they had priced it lower.
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:24   #11
BHPian

Did they go back to Porsche's 2.9 V6 engine? If yes, I wonder what made them make that switch (did they find any major issues with 3.0 V6?). 2015-2018 Macan S had Porsche's 2.9 V6 engine and in 2019 they switched to Audi's 3.0 V6 (single turbo I think) that is shared with Audi SQ5.
Old 23rd July 2021, 00:05   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Best part of pre-worshipped, you don't need to have THAT kind of money

I agree with GTO the Macan is not an SUV by heart, it's got 911 DNA. Mine has a remap and boyyyy does it love to be floored. Even though my daily drive is a NA v8, i really really look forward to driving the Macan whenever my sister lets me (yes, she's a lucky girl and only self drives most often!).
I recently did a boys trip with the Macan and had a new found respect for it after spending time with it on the highway. Yes, it is tight at the rear but with 2 at the back there were no complaints especially when the thrill is so high, no one cares about comfort.
The engine is a gem and with the remap its a whole new level(0 to 100 in 5.5sec). But what really shines on our roads is the air suspension! All occupants were raving about the floaty/cushion ride while in my head I was smiling with how well it handles. Two very contrary feelings but you can't ask for a better blend.
At high speeds when you see some uneven patches, you often have you brake hard to not break your back, but in the Macan I just slowed down a bit and it ate up the uneven patches without a thud!

@GTO - Here is my much very delayed,very short review
Hi, I recently bought 2020 macan
Please share more details on remap
Old 23rd July 2021, 07:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Would love to read a detailed review from you some day.

The remap is also interesting. Does it void any warranties ?
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:14   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Here you go: http://www.quantumtuning.in/ecu-rema...%20-%20Present)

I have stage 1 which puts out approx 20-25% more power.

The website has the below details for local Delhi dealer:
Gt Tunerz
Akshay Titus
23 Poorvi Marg Vasant Vihar
+91-9899943600
akshay@quantumtuning.in
www.gttunerz.in
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
My question is..is a car smaller than an Audi Q5 worth 2.5 times it’s price.

Especially when we know the delays from Porsche India in servicing and parts etc.

Wanted to know a practical perspective.

This car is easily worth someone’s life savings.
I am not fussy over the size. If anything else, I prefer a smaller footprint considering there would always be only 2 occupants in the vehicle. I am happy to pay for performance, finish, and safety even if it is a compact package. What is a deal breaker for me is the service part and that is the only reason I have kept other models like GLC 300d or X30i etc as potential alternatives for my retirement car!

However, none of these cars are for 5 occupants and none may find favor in your logic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks