Team-BHP - Ferrari Workers On Strike
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Ferrari Workers On Strike (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/24055-ferrari-workers-strike.html)

Just because you spend your days in Maranello crafting F430s, 599s, and 612s, listen to them roar through the streets, and watch customers gleefully receive the keys to their new Italian toys doesn't mean life is perfect. Even though Ferrari was just voted as the best place to work in Europe, Ferrari workers have been on strike since March. The main reason for the strike is that the workers want higher bonuses, among other things. But they are also unhappy because they believe the quality of Ferraris is declining. Fiat is simply trying to make too many of them to maintain the necessary quality standards that would live up to Ferrari's image. The unique thing about this strike: the workers only strike on Saturday, and not all of them at one time. Production has been slowed, but not stopped. Of course, none of the workers on the Formula 1 team are on strike -- that would be unthinkable.

[Source: Automotive News]

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlalan (Post 437718)
, none of the workers on the Formula 1 team are on strike -- that would be unthinkable.

You bet.. hahaha..imagine the F1 enters the Pit and the person filling fuel say....i am sorry.. we are on strike...I did not get my full bonus..so i will only remove the tires..

Godfather

but we also see that how disciplined they are and dedicated to there work....

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlalan (Post 437718)
... But they are also unhappy because they believe the quality of Ferraris is declining.

I like that, difficult to find such workers I'd say. Some others manufacturers are pushing workers to keep the quality high ...its the other way round for Ferrari... :)

and they all wear the same ferrari red colored union badges?

I like the dedication of the workers.

Quote:

the workers only strike on Saturday
They need to learn how to strike from Indians.

So its only saturdays that they are on strike. Pretty partial if you ask me but a hindrance nevertheless.

Isnt Ferrari quality better than it was ever before?

dedication?
maybe OT:
reminds me about an article i read about a shoe factory workers strike in japan.
they never quit work but made shoes for the left foot only of all sizes for over two months!
when the management solved their problem the strike was called off and the workers promptly went back to make shoes for the right foot...
pairs were completed and then they hit the shelves as usual.
nothing was lost.
now isnt that being socially responsible?
love those japs. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 437982)
They need to learn how to strike from Indians.

the other way around i'd suggest, social values.

manson.

Social responsibity, yes, but a lot of it also depends on how much pride you take in the company you work for. Ferrari employes, as I heard from experiences online, are very passionate about the company and they would definitely not want to bring a bad name to the company or hinder its operations. The same people wouldn't behave in the same manner if they were to work for, say Ford or GM. Think a person working for Google and some ITES company in India.

I salute the Ferrari workers.