Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 04:52   #1
Team-BHP Support

Bullrun 2007

every Monday morning for the past year or so I've been driving down from New York, NY to Baltimore, MD for work and i spend 4-5 days of pure misery in a suburb of lowly old run-down Baltimore.

the drive takes me through parts of 4 states - namely, New York (NY), New Jersey (NJ), Delaware (DE) and Maryland (MD). it's never a boring ride as there are a lot of maniacs traversing the interstates in the morning. where they get the inclination to drive crazily early in the morning - i have no idea but thats life!

each state has it's own variety of drivers ->
New York has decent drivers, in general (don't listen to what you hear from resident Americans - they don't know what they're talking about).

New Jersey has a lot of Asians and other immigrants - hence, the driving there is a mixture of what one would find in India, Korea, Italy, Romania and a host of other Asian, South American and Eastern European countries!

Delaware is a teeny little state that consists of mainly drivers hurrying to work in the morning - they have a lower speed limit than the other states and a lot of patrols - so no adventure there.

Maryland has a bunch of adolescent teenagers and a bunch of very very old people who make a huge MESS and take any little pleasure out of driving!

so basically, thats how i pass my time during the 3-1/2hr drive - that begins with waiting patiently in a lllllooooonnngggg queue to get out of Manhattan via the Lincoln Tunnel, to observing changing driving styles in a relatively small radius of approximately 200 miles (320km) and finally ending up at work - dazed and half asleep.

this Monday (14th May'07) though was a little different!

travelling on the New Jersey Turnpike (NJTP) is no feat meant for the faint-hearted - speeds go up to 90mph with little interference from the police. so there i was passing a newer model Mustang decked out with a number and lots of decals - one of which stood out from the rest -> Bullrun - About. (more here Bullrun - History). it was a 2006 Ford Mustang.

driving down into DE, i drove by a silver 2006 Ferrari F430 Spyder pulled over by a state-trooper.

crossing over into MD i ran across another red little coupe stopped on the shoulder - don't know why it had stopped and i couldn't make out any other detail either.

the highlight of my day, however, came later - around 20 miles away from my destination when i caught sight an older model Ferrari - a Ferrari 250 GTO replica - which i found out later on accessing the Bullrun website. it looked stunning, though and i was fortunate enough to get a good all-round view before i finally reached my Exit and slipped back away silently into my dull and dreary existence!

here's a link to the official blog for Bullrun 2007.
Old 15th May 2007, 05:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

If it was me.. I would have called in sick.. Parked my car by the road side and watched all the cars..

Godfather
Old 15th May 2007, 07:45   #3
BHPian

you must have seen the ford mustang fastback team as for me i would have done the same thing as godfather.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:58   #4
BHPian

Bull Run..Anyone seen on Star World

Note from the Support Staff: Thread merged with existing

Yesterday night waiting for the clock to strike 12 in the night so that I could wish my dad happy birthday, I happened to hop on to Star World.

Here is what I see:

Erstwhile WWE champion Goldberg is anchoring the cross-state rally of 12 modded cars, with an elimination at the end for least scoring team.

The teams are of 2 people each, and the cars include:

Lamborghini
Lotus
Mustang
Honda Civic

Most of the pairs are either friends, brothers, barring a father daughter duo. This time 2 chicks were eliminated and they were abusing the hell out of Goldberg. Now I am so used to his aggressive behavior in WWE that I thought he might just spear the 2 ladies then and there itself. Instead he urged other drivers to pull up their socks else their @** is next.

Here is a summary of what happened:

First Half:
Cars are flagged off by two hot babes and are supposed to reach a place, I guess cross state of which most of team members have no clue. So the first two teams, ahead of the pack go and buy off all the maps from a gas station, leaving the others fuming. Then there is this Lambo racing with another guy who has more HP than Lambo, but the sheer speed of Lamb keeps them away. Dont ask me how, I have no clue.
Once all reach, the speculations are kept:
Team 1 and Team 2 will pick 2 teams each, and they will have to knock off light bulbs on an airstrip with a long pole tied to the top of the car. What happens is that Team 12 and Team 4 interchange positions and similarly one more loses and another gains. One helluva first half.

Second half:
Cars flagged by the hot babes again, and now have an option of going towards a deviation to collect time points that would reduce their total times by that on the card hanging at the point. But there are only 4 such cards. BTW, only 1 team decides to go there, and they eventually end up not being eliminated due to this advantage.

The Lambo behaved as a big gas guzzler, with more occassional fuel stops, and it is suffering from clutch slips. One of the driver forgets to carry his licence, and tries to tell the cop who catches them that his bro is in forces. He is let off after 35 minutes lost. All this is happening on highways and amidst traffic in US, no race tracks.

The daughter of the father-daughter team is annoyed by her father farting, who denies it at the very blink of eye. Yeah, whatever dude. So how does this funny smell appear again and again. Maybe giving into the pressure.

It was a hell of a program to watch, and I would recommend it to those fed up of the idiot box since everytime it plays, there is KKK stuff on (If you know hat I mean..Saas bahu stuff by Ekta Kapoor and the likes)

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2007 at 02:11.
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:10   #5
BHPian

Ye, it was good fun. I switched to Star world to see seinfeld and to my surprise I saw this show. Pretty cool concept. Though I couldnt catch all of it as I watchin Mind you language on Zee cafe. Will watch it tonight..Lets see who gets kicked out next
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Ye, it was good fun. I switched to Star world to see seinfeld and to my surprise I saw this show. Pretty cool concept. Though I couldnt catch all of it as I watchin Mind you language on Zee cafe. Will watch it tonight..Lets see who gets kicked out next
I guess its a weekly stuff, not daily!!
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:33   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post
I guess its a weekly stuff, not daily!!
I guess it is daily stuff, coz seinfeld which used to be aired on star world at 11 has been moved to 12 am.

EDIT: You are right, its only on tuesdays. indya.com - STAR - STAR World - Bullrun

Quote:

From wiki,

Objective:
Each team begins the day off choosing whether to follow "My Way" or "The Highway" (both of these terms explained below under "Routes"). In the first leg, the teams must reach a checkpoint in the fastest time. However, if a team is caught speeding, that team receives a five minute penalty.
After all the teams complete the first leg of the race, the two teams with the fastest times choose two teams to compete in a challenge, in which the winning team will gain the faster time of the first leg between the two.
Finally, the teams compete in a way similar to the first leg, but a time bonus may be added midway on the routes, depending on the length of the second leg.
After all the teams complete leg two, the times for both legs (including time bonuses) are combined. The team with the longest time to complete both legs is then returned the keys to their vehicle, in which they must immediately leave.
you can read about it here, Bullrun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by HellwratH : 3rd October 2007 at 12:38.
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yup i have watched bull run and one of my friend is a PHOTOGRAPHER for bull run rally . I know about the show for a year now but i have never watched it on STAR though.
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for someone to post a thread about this show.
Saw it last night and absolutely loved it.!
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:19   #10
BHPian

Yeah it was nice.
During the flag off, one of the cars took off so fast that the chick holding the flag fell down hard
And the prize money is $2,00,000 !!

BTW, that wiki page takes away all the suspense

Last edited by bikefreak : 3rd October 2007 at 15:20.
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:42   #11
Team-BHP Support

wishing a very happy birthday to cutdcrap's dad.
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:58   #12
BHPian

@bblost : Thanks dude

@bikefreak : Yeah, the chick wasnt expecting it anyhow. The guys in the car were grinning after seeing their rear view mirror.

@HellwratH : Thanks for ruining the suspense

@abhibh : What an amazing and interesting job your friend has. Drool!!

OT, Just google jobs at formula1 and see the number of Indians dying to work in a F1 team, especially Ferrari. People are asking questions to a guy in one of the thread, and he says there are a lot of opportunities ranging from sweepers to technicians. So, one dude is amazed and says it would be his dream come true to sweep at F1..What a passion
Old 3rd October 2007, 17:08   #13
BHPian

welcome, I just posted what was available...it was your choice to read it. :P
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:59   #14
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Nice show!! The comments from the guys in the lambo were funny
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Wow!
When is this next broadcasted?

Most Viewed