Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 20:14   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta

I like the new SCross inside out, hands down. It definitely ticks the SUV Looks box now, unlike the previous generation (which looked/looks handsome its own right, but people don't look at it!).

This one looks smart, contemporary & yet - unlike the other ones from competition, does not appear overdone or blingy! It has somewhat retained its traditional understated look (except perhaps the tail lamps) - and I'm thanking god for that!

If it does bring the features that are visible in the images to the Indian market, with a good gearbox (with paddle shifts etc) - I wouldn't hesitate in paying upwards of 20L for it at all (with a good powertrain i.e.). This car, combined with Maruti's unmatchable spares availability and mod-friendly nature, would be the car to beat! With the AllGrip and good AT - this can be the illusive "perfect" compact SUV that our market lacks desperately.

The car is reusing a lot of decade-old parts in the cabin. Many will frown at this; but I won't. I don't mind the "why fix what is not broken?" philosophy. The parts have stood the test of time, don't have any shortcomings and are absolutely fine at their job. "New" just for the sake of looks without any utility gains - is not an idea I subscribe to, especially considering the looks come at a premium, that is typically not justified.

I believe this can be a very good jumping board for a future EV as well. Bring it on Maruti please!
Reinhard is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 20:23   #122
BHPian

I see a mishmash of Toyota and Suzuki. While the front looks like a fine tuned Ertiga/XL6, and the rear is a “inspired” by Outlander, I definitely see some Toyota Venza in some angles.

I hope the car market/buyer matures into a state where price and size are not directly proportional. Then and only then will features not be deleted and overseas products arrive in India as is.

Until then, dummy switches, disabled software and empty fuse box slots.
balajiisworking is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 21:59   #123
BHPian

The interior already looks dated or at least "not modern"

The passenger side dash lools too similar to the current version. And that more than decade old steering wheel.They seem to have only done a "Facelift" in the interior
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 22:01   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Sorry, couldn't help but notice.

My Dad's 2011 Swift has got the same Steering wheel, power window buttons and door handle
And that's because my 2007 Swift had the same
Eddy is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 22:22   #125
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see :
  • Dials and knobs
  • the respectable AT with paddle shifters
  • all power window buttons backlit
  • the powertrain

Wanted something different :
  • that steering wheel
  • the XLified front, still prefer the current face

Let's see when it launches here and what makes it to our shores. The boosterjet with Allgrip has been around for some time now so fingers crossed
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 22:23   #126
BHPian

Very confused design, I should say. The front looks like the facelifted Celerio, rear looks like VW Taigun and the side profile resembles first generation Ford Figo and the steering wheel resembles the previous generation Swift and there is no diesel engine too.

Creta and Seltos can breath easy for now. Their supremacy is not under any grave threat. Even if the facelifted S Cross is launched at the pre facelift prices, it is unlikely to dethrone the Korean twins anytime soon.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th November 2021 at 19:24. Reason: Excess dots
Geta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 22:29   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
-- Even if the facelifted S Cross is launched at the pre facelift prices, it is unlikely to dethrone the Korean twins anytime soon.

It will not come to India anytime soon. The version we will see is likely to be the strong Hybrid, which will first debut in VITARA.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 23:13   #128
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki - Using Same Door Handles/ Steering Wheel and Power Window buttons since 2011

Last edited by karanraheja : 25th November 2021 at 23:14.
karanraheja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 00:06   #129
BHPian

I really like the design and find this better than seltos or Creta. It's an understated and solid looking design. The biggest disadvantage is the lack of the diesel. Kia and Hyundai can continue to fleece their Indian customers who prefer the diesel because of the torque and the fuel prices.
vishnurp99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 08:52   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

All New Suzuki S Cross - First Drive review (UK)

Verdict:
Quote:
The third-generation Suzuki S-Cross is a definite step up over the old model. It drives well, there’s tonnes of standard equipment, just enough space for the average family and, with a starting price of £24,999, it’s better value than almost anything else in the class.
Cabin quality is a drawback, which isn’t quite as lavish as many of its rivals, but it’s an honest car that delivers what buyers in this class are looking for.
The S Cross in black:

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk2.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk15.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk9.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk10.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk16.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk5.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk13.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-suzukiscross2021uk14.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:11   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Verdict:

The S Cross in black:

Link
It is a honest car etc - basically means competition is light years ahead and if you want a no-frills jack of all car, this is the one to get.

Which to be honest (again) is a hard sell even in the Indian market these days.

Though it looks great in that black shade (which again I don't see in the swift line-up for us).

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 26th November 2021 at 09:14.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:18   #132
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a crossover which tried to look like an SUV, but never really got there. That bonnet, which got raised further compared to the facelift doesn't help the proportions or the overall silhouette any favours. But S-Cross got solid mechanicals and is a safe platform too. A real exception in the Maruti stable currently. The glaring misses are the mediocre engines & ancient gearbox which belongs to the 80s. And Maruti should fix that in this outing without fail.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:35   #133
BHPian

Quote:
I like the overall package. Looks are subjective, but to my eyes this one is better looking than the previous iteration. If priced and equipped well I think this will be another top ten seller from Maruti.
Mr.Ogre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:57   #134
Senior - BHPian

SCross is now a true Creta competitor. The previous generation always felt like one segment below Creta. Even if Suzuki removes the AWD and some bits for the India launch, it will still be a winner in the 14-20 L price bracket. The 4-speed auto was the only real drawback Scross had anyway. Fix that it is already in the Creta segment.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:22   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
It looks feature rich, but somehow the design is not that much striking. It is giving me Captiva vibes.
IMHO the moment I saw the pic of the Captiva the first thing that came to mind was Kushaq (that front end)

Quote:
IMO this design is a good cross between a sedan and a SUV with more lean towards the SUV. The earlier facelift is a mature hatch rather than anything close to a SUV, not a bad thing at all in my books but majority of buyers don't agree, hence the low sales.
Honestly, just looking at this design without any historical baggage, its a balanced exterior and will definitely sell more than the current gen, IMHO.

Interiors are also a good balance but I would've liked the "heavily reworked" approach carried into the cabin even more than the exterior and especially the steering.
I do like the touchscreen and its placement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And that's because my 2007 Swift had the same
And so are the front and rear fog lamps, same on my wagonR

Going against the tide here but I don't mind it. From a organisational perspective I quite like the sharing of components across the model range ensuring far better availability and economy of spares. Gives a glimpse into how deep the cost efficiency goes in Suzuki/MSIL.
Although I would've used it to enhance the overall quality across the model range but that would be an enthusiast's decision which won't fly high in the meetings.
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks