Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 13:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta

Creta & Seltos petrol versions needs to be worried after looking at the pics . A substantial improvement over the current one , seems that it will double it's sells from current 1500-2000 nos per month at expense of these Korean siblings . Very interesting to watch out for in the coming days . Glued to this thread now.
quattroa4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 14:38   #62
BHPian

I have booked a Zeta AT 2 weeks ago and expecting delivery next month. Just checked with my sales guy at Nexa. Not sure if he told this to dissuade me from any cancellation but he said expect the new Scross to hit Indian markets in not less than 3 years from global debut. There could be some truth in that. Anyways I am going ahead with my purchase. Two to three years is too long a wait. Besides I think I can find peace with a 1.5L NA engine which is proved for its reliability than a turbo petrol. But the new gen Scross is definitely sounding as a good upgrade especially with that 4x4. But have to wait and see what Maruti would bring in here and by when.
ags82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 14:46   #63
BHPian

Front looks like XL6 and rear resembles sonet/seltos with that tail lamps IMO.
Overall not bad but is it enough to take on creta/seltos/astor? I'm not sure.
Old 15th November 2021, 15:30   #64
BHPian

I prefer the old S-Cross look over the new one.. The new one looks very ordinary like any other csuv. What will be differentiating is what they do with the electronics and interior and if it is still robust as the older one.

Which platform is this being made on?
RaviCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:08   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

New S Cross as seen in the yard of the factory in Esztergom - Hungary!

Quote:
Rumor has it that there will be electrified powertrains. It is rumoured that the range will soon be expanded with full hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains, and a purely electric variant may arrive over time (as early as 2023). These configurations will certainly be brought to S-Cross as a result of the cooperation suzuki entered into with Toyota back in 2017.
Quote:
there are rumours that the bodywork will be somewhat longer
Quote:
full LED headlight: the multi-segment design suggests that the Suzuki matrix uses LED adaptive lighting, or at least prepared for its subsequent introduction. With this technology, known from the higher categories, the control of the headlights obscures the car coming from the front or going in front of us by turning on or off the individual LED elements, thus ensuring uncoated yet intense lighting. The system is controlled by a camera that can be detected behind the windscreen. An additional sensor is clearly visible in the bumper, indicating the presence of advanced driver assistance functions (adaptive cruise control, anti-bumper emergency braking system, etc.).

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-12.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-3.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-8.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-7.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-6.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-4.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-5.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-11.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-10.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-9.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-2.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-1.jpg

Strong vibes to the front design of the XL's!

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-x.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th November 2021 at 17:21.
volkman10 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:44   #66
BHPian

Good job Suzuki! Looks very nice and would sell well in India, as long as it half matches what the Astor offers in terms of gadgets, and comes with 4/5 safety stars!
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:45   #67
BHPian

Looks like Suzuki has finally put in some efforts to improve the car. Though its not striking, its a pretty decent design. But as someone who bought the current Gen SCross, I wasnt upset looking at this, since the design language isn't something that appealed to me, and its not like the Creta f/l where updates to the existing design makes it looking better.

Only hope is that it has some good upgrades that I can swap out with my SCross, like a backlit Power Window switch console or a Flat bottom Steering wheel or proper engine Sump gaurd.
anand.shankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

I hope good sense prevails at Maruti & it gives at least an option of an all wheel drive variant with Suzuki's competent "All-Grip" technology.
Maruti had democratised the automatic transmission in the guise of the Celerio AMT way back in 2015(?). It's about time they did the same and bring the virtues of all wheel drive to the mass market.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I know for sure this will not happen for sure, but would be nice if they could slap the Fiat's 2.0L diesel and an AT box.
If that happens, that would make it yet another Rs 25 lacs car with a 3 star NCAP (RHD) rating
Geta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 18:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviCar View Post
I prefer the old S-Cross look over the new one.. The new one looks very ordinary like any other csuv.
Exactly my thoughts...the teaser of the sleek LED headlights made me wonder if my car would look outdated in just one year of ownership - fortunately that's not the case. The 'all-new' S-Cross lacks character if I look at it from the front or the sides. The rear does look better than current generation. I'm among those who're waiting to see if there exists any compatible parts which can be retrofitted on current gen S-Cross.
railfanwithk750 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 19:08   #71
BHPian

In looks, this covers up all gaps of outgoing SCross
I hope they do justice with engine & transmission

130HP turbo Petrol / 120HP Diesel plus good automatic options will do wonders and keep Koreans on toes, however current 1.5 NA petrol (ertiga / brezza) will be disaster.
Asoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 20:41   #72
BHPian

The design is shockingly ordinary by the standards of 2021. Amazingly forgettable face there.
Old 15th November 2021, 21:24   #73
BHPian

Front looks ordinary.. Hope we will have aftermarket options available immediately.

Given Maruti expecting this to be their star performer, I assume they won't make the mistake of pricing it wrong the way Germans did.

Nothing against the Germans but the first thing that Mango man thinks is comparison with Creta (service, reliability),no doubt the ride and handling of Germans is better but there would be 20% of overall crowd who would buy a car for driving pleasure, for most it would be just one car in the family.

Maruti, Hyundai and Honda are the names that common man would be happy with, they completely like to avoid the Germans,(now that Ford is gone).

I hope someone from HONDA is still awake and reading these posts, else you are also going to be in the not so desired category very soon.
firstdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 21:47   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
I hope someone from HONDA is still awake and reading these posts, else you are also going to be in the not so desired category very soon.[/b]
Folks at Honda would wake up, read these posts and go back to their slumber.

Honda doesn't want folks at Suzuki to sweat it. For that matter Honda doesn't want any of the Indian Car makers to sweat it and are more than happy to give away the market share inspite of having many successful models elsewhere.
matchvan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 01:50   #75
BHPian

The S-Cross looks butch to me now, the facelift(2017) made it better looking than the old plain looking face.
This new generation makes it look like it will be taking the competition seriously and not sit like food items in the corner of the shelf in the supermarket waiting for its date of expiry.

I'm hopeful that it will come with the 4x4 and the desirable 1.5 diesel mill.
It will be a great overall package then, only time will tell.
Rshreyansh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks