Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 14:42   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New 2022 Suzuki S-Cross launched with £24,999 price tag.

The next-generation Suzuki S-Cross has 48V mild-hybrid technology and a claimed WLTP fuel economy figure of 53.2mpg
As per current exchange value, that nears to a whopping 25 lacs INR! I know that comparison is not correct but still, thats pricey. Although when it comes to India, the price would be much less with many features deleted.

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-screenshot_20211125143835.jpg

Edit-
Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-screenshot_20211125144330__01__02.jpg
Adaptive cruise control, Lane assist and paddle shifters. That's good but I doubt if it will ever reach Indian models.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 25th November 2021 at 14:47.
BoneCollector is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 16:20   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Adaptive cruise control, Lane assist and paddle shifters. That's good but I doubt if it will ever reach Indian models.
Adaptive cruise control and lane assist will definitely not reach India but paddle shifters have a high chance of being available considering the leaked Brezza was spotted with them!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 16:40   #108
BHPian

It clearly bears resemblance to the XL6 but looks smart nonetheless. The interior is nice but that steering wheel looks a decade old. They should've put the steering wheel from the newer Suzuki cars. Overall seems like a great update. Wish we don't get a watered down version in India.
DIV17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 17:03   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Adaptive cruise control and lane assist will definitely not reach India but paddle shifters have a high chance of being available considering the leaked Brezza was spotted with them!
You never know since the Creta facelift is getting ADAS!
Old 25th November 2021, 17:10   #110
BHPian

I see many interior parts borrowed from other Suzuki cars, need to wait and watch how they price the car. The previous gen did not do well because of optimistic pricing and Suzuki had to reduce the price very early on
Old 25th November 2021, 17:31   #111
BHPian

Sorry, couldn't help but notice.

My Dad's 2011 Swift has got the same Steering wheel, power window buttons and door handle
Sk8r is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 17:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Sorry, couldn't help but notice.

My Dad's 2011 Swift has got the same Steering wheel, power window buttons and door handle
Yes! I really don't understand Suzuki's part sharing philosophy. The steering is old, as is the gear lever. Heck, the latest Celerio's looks classy compared to this. The newer flat bottom steering would have looked nice too.

There are typical (Maruti) Suzuki qualities in the car: the gaps between dashboard and door panel are nice a wide and the creases are not consistent.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 18:03   #113
BHPian

I don't know what is Bold in the design of the new S-Cross. It just looks like a Facelift!

Suzuki says the interiors have a 3-Dimensional Shape. Do others have 2-Dimensional shape? Forget 3-D, the interiors resemble the current S-Cross!

Suzuki talks about Sophisticated Technology! What is so sophisticated about a mild hybrid and other already existing features? There was no talk about any ADAS feature which is the current trend. No mention about Engine Options - Petrol or Diesel, No mention about interior features like Dual Zone AC, Ventilated Seats, etc. Pathetic facelift aka debut in my opinion.

Last edited by CarNerd : 25th November 2021 at 18:16.
CarNerd is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 18:14   #114
BHPian

Now currently the top variant for S-Cross was selling for 14.45 Ex Showroom price in Delhi. Given the updates they have added, a premium of 2.5 to 3 lakhs is expected.
But then with localization and tweaking with features can help Maruti-Suzuki to lower the price further because if it going to touch 20L on-road then buyers would prefer either XUV700/Creta or even a base model Innova.

I am doubtful that we will get an AWD variant but if they price is under 16L for the top variant, its a tough competition for Creta/Seltos. I hope it makes here in the coming 6 months.
Old 25th November 2021, 18:17   #115
Senior - BHPian

I think Suzuki is trying to position the S-Cross as a smaller/cheaper A-Cross (rebadged Toyota RAV4). I can see some similarities in the styling at the front and the rear.
StarrySky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 18:19   #116
BHPian

It looks feature rich, but somehow the design is not that much striking. It is giving me Captiva vibes.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-screenshot_2021112518200368_e5d3893ac03954c6bb675ef2555b879b.jpg  

Last edited by RD150 : 25th November 2021 at 18:21.
RD150 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 18:29   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross will reach dealerships in EU by mid December.

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-1.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-2.jpg

-Standard 48V Smart Hybrid powertrain
- Comprehensive package of assistance systems: Suzuki Safety System (Pro)
-Towing weight of 1,500 kg for all versions
- Available with AllGrip all-wheel drive
- New Suzuki S-Cross on December 17 in Dutch showrooms

-The 96 kW (129 hp) 1.4-litre BoosterJet petrol engine is assisted by a 10 kW (13.6 hp) electric motor.

-The powertrain is paired as standard with a six-speed manual transmission and front-wheel drive, but a six-speed automatic transmission and AllGrip all-wheel drive are also available.

- The car has an empty weight of 1,180 kilograms and towing weight is the same for all versions of the S-Cross: 1,500 kilograms.

Three Trim Levels: Comfort, Select and Style

COMFORT- Standard adaptive cruise control, a 7-inch display for the infotainment system with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™, LED lighting (headlights, daytime running lights and taillights) and the Suzuki Safety System with Dual Sensor Brake Support, Lane Departure Prevention, Lane Departure Warning, among others. Traffic Sign Recognition and Vehicle Sway Warning.

SELECT- Features of Comfort trim complemented by Smart Entry & Start System, Climate control, heated front seats and the Suzuki Safety System Pro, which adds Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert to the package of safety and assistance systems

Style- The equipment is further expanded with leatherette and partly genuine leather upholstery, a 9-inch large screen, with HD resolution and Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™, polished 17-inch alloy wheels and a 360-degree camera. The Style can optionally be equipped with a very large panoramic sliding / tilting roof with a length of 1,000 mm.

Colours: The new Suzuki S-Cross will be available in eight different exterior colours, including three Pearl Metallic (Titan Dark Gray, Cosmic Black and Canyon Brown) and three Pearl colours (Cool White, Energetic Red and Sphere Blue). Silky Silver Metallic and White complete the colour palette. Titan Dark Gray is completely new.

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-capture.jpg

THE ENGINES OF THE NEW SUZUKI S-CROSS 2022:

Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-0.jpg

volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 18:35   #118
BHPian

The tail lamps remind me of the 2010 Mitsubhishi Outlander
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki S-Cross to debut soon; to rival Hyundai Creta-dsc_0415-large.jpg  

mnram is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 18:57   #119
BHPian

So we have to wait for the Dignified Rugged SUV until Q4 2022 (?) The arrow to ASIA goes to Indonesia, Philippines and Singapore in the video. The launch is full of acronyms and nothing new to showcase. What's with the 3D interior, Rear light with a sense of dynamism.
Old 25th November 2021, 19:35   #120
BHPian

The new Scross finally looks like a rugged vehicle. I hope they maintain a better build quality compared to the maruti stable. In some ways it looks like a slightly bigger brother of the Honda WRV.

Hopefully Maruti does not overprice it !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks