Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: 2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)

New Honda WR-V product highlights

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd November 2022 at 16:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:38   #47
BHPian

The wheelbase is smaller than the Venue/Brezza/Nexon and looks a beefed up Figo. Expected better from Honda as am sure that the engine, ride and handling will be good. Hope they bring this to India.
Abhisheknott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:42   #48
BHPian

- A nice package, however Honda sensing could be done away with for India to keep the prices in check or perhaps this could act as an USP for the tech loving market of ours.

- Modifications are also needed in the bumpers to meet the sub 4m rule as it currently measures 4060 mm.

- It is essentially a raised Honda Amaze and I am highly positive that the hood and headlamps are a straight carryover from the Amaze.

- Interiors also look good in red and black avatar.
Hemi6.2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 17:00   #49
BHPian

It's a really good product. I like every bit of it except a few minor things which I suppose would've made this a more no brainer sort of an option if it came to the Indian market.

I find both the instrument cluster and the steering wheel cheap looking. In fact, I would go ahead and say that this is the worst design in it's segment. I would've preferred the steering wheel of Honda City in the WR-V instead of the Amaze's steering wheel. Also, they should've offered a better instrument cluster, the one from the Honda City again that is part digital or the fully digital one from the global models of Honda. Also, Honda could've retained the rear look of the concept car SUV RS as the tail lamp design on that car is better than the one they have launched.

All current Analog clusters of Honda cars are too plain as if you are buying a base model of a budget grade hatchback. The previous instrument clusters, say of the 4th gen, were looking much better though I prefer the current 2 equally sized speedo and rev counter configuration instead of one single big dial in the center for the speed. This is too much nitpicking though I guess.

Would like to add some suggestions to Honda if it plans to bring this car to Indian shores anytime soon. Honda should consider adding some useful features like a good quality sound system in the top end variants with an infotainment system having a slick UI. In the segment where Honda will compete with this product, the car should have strong basics and features that are useful instead of giving too many features which are sometimes gimmicks. It should be equipped with all the features that VW/Skoda are currently offering in their 2.0 cars and that's about it. ADAS should be skipped in this segment as the other features mentioned have greater value in the current times in India. ADAS can be reserved for a facelift 3-5 years down the line.

That said, the best thing they have done is provided the car the engine it deserved, the 1.5L i-Vtec motor. The car already has good amount of space, good ergonomics and very comfortable seats with good quality upholstery.

This car should definitely be introduced in the Indian market by Honda. It has the potential to give a tough competition in the segment as people are already well aware of Honda's ownership experience and that too in a positive way.

Last edited by FrAgile : 2nd November 2022 at 17:08. Reason: Adding text
FrAgile is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 17:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
Bringing this to India will require huge modifications, either to decrease the length to bring it under 4m and putting 1.2l engine or increasing the length to match with Creta / Seltos.

Current length of 4060mm puts it in neither here nor there position with respect to Indian market IMHO.
I think Honda should bring it as it is. Shortening length to sub 4m won't benefit because the engine is 1.5L. the boot space is also good at 380 litres.
The new WRV can easily compete with Brezza as the latter don't have any such tax benefits too.
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:37   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics. of the New WR-V:

The Honda WR-V gets two styling packages, the WR-V E with simpler cues and 16-inch alloy wheels and a sporty WR-V RS that will have sportier looks with 17-inch alloys, red accents on exterior and interior, new grille, all-black interiors and other unique bits. It will also have dual-tone exterior paint schemes. The WR-V features analogue dials with a 4.2-inch MID. It also gets remote engine start and AC on feature in higher variants.

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-6.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-7.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-2.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-8.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-9.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-3.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-5.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-4.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd November 2022 at 19:52.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:47   #52
BHPian

Since we don't yet know if at all Honda will bring it to our shores, however this time it looks very much possible, it reminds me of the Amaze from many portions.

Worst case, we now know how the amaze facelift might look from outside and inside now.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:52   #53
BHPian

The interior looks exactly like the Amaze which is already feels a little dated. If this is to be launched in India, they need to take a leaf out of Suzuki’s book and give it a bit of spit and polish.
ellip5i5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 21:23   #54
BHPian

Honda being Honda, will again plonk the puny 1.2 litre in India and wait for wonders to happen. Indian car buyer choices have changed. Hope things get better for Honda in India.
Old 2nd November 2022, 23:06   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Honda needs a car like this in India.

If they could also plonk the 1.5L diesel + AT combination from the Amaze, I would really consider it as an upgrade from my 2017 Honda Jazz D MT.
i-DTECH is going out of production with B6 Phase 2. So, there is no chance that Honda will introduce its diesel engine if this new WR-V makes it to our shores. Honda is evaluating the model, however I do not have much hopes about this model being introduced in India.

Honda may have to develop a India specific model which is larger based on this either to compete with Creta / Seltos or will have to cut down down the length to compete with Nexon/Venue/Sonet/XUV 3OO.

I do not think Honda can carve a niche out for itself by bringing this model to India. Being a Honda it will will be priced at a premium and it will miserably fail with "price to features" quotient. Don't forget about the Tata CURVV coming in very soon and the updated Seltos / Creta which will have more features including ADAS.
Adorablejim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 07:00   #56
BHPian

If this comes to India then Honda would be better-off trimming the bumpers to make it a sub-4 metre CSUV rather than pricing it among Creta, Seltos and Astor as we already know this is pretty much based on the Amaze we have here so pricing it among Creta and Seltos would make this a sales dud which is the last thing Honda India needs right now. Furthermore, if they price it among that segment then Honda would be effectively putting an end to all the opportunities in the future to introduce HR-V which is the ideal Creta rival.

This is also an opportunity for Honda to introduce their delicious 1L turbocharged petrol available in Thailand and Indonesia to India.
Mat095 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:21   #57
BHPian

Although late, I still think Honda has made baby steps to catch up with competition. There is no doubt that this particular car resembles Amaze pretty much. I remember during the launch of amaze, Honda communicated that they already have plan to develop sub-compact SUV with the same platform and here we are.

I personally liked the car and it works well for both urban and tourism commuters. Perfect fit for India and it's conditions.

But, here is the catch! Honda is known to spoil the game with some of their old bad habits.

Few suggestions:
1. Please do not launch with 1.2 litre engine. Even if you decide to launch with 1.2 Petrol (to attract low customers), please bring 1.0 turbo and 1.5 NA engine on other variants. Please understand that game has moved on.
2. I understand Honda is not interested in diesel anymore. But having different engine options will definitely give more choice to customers and some loyal Honda fans.
3. How about launching full hybrid on top variants? This will be game changer and people who are conscious about FE, they will rush to your showrooms.
4. Please do not spoil the launch with higher price. You lose the battle before it starts. I think Honda needs to pick a marketing page from Mahindra. Launch with lower price and then increase price once demand picks up.
5. How about showcasing some other electric or hybrid SUV's? This will give more confidence to Indians especially during current situation where most of the people are thinking that Honda might exit. Please do showcase you are there for long term here in India which will surely help your sales.

Let's see what Honda will do to our market. Hope they are reading this thread every day.
GRAND23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:37   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Variants of the WR-V as launched in Indonesia:

WR-V Type E: Entry Level

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-hondawrve.jpg

Honda WR-V type E has a different appearance from the RS type. The Honda WR-V type E comes with a black grille, 16-inch silver alloy wheels, halogen lights but LED Foglamp, and a combination of bulb and LED bar rear lights. Entering the interior, the Honda WR-V type E is equipped with tilt steering only, a 7-inch head unit with blue tooth connectivity, and also 4speakers.
Honda WR-V type E is equipped with Digital AC and power outlets in the first and second rows. For standard safety features, the Honda WR-V type E is given ABS, EBD, BA, VSC, and HSA and ESS. There are additional other features such as brake override system, ISOFIX, and parking sensors. Smart keys with remote engine start are also already in this cheapest type. There are 3 color options, namely Crystal Black Pearl, Meteoroid Gray Metallic, and Taffeta White.

Honda WR-V RS:

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-hondawrvrs.jpg

WR-V RS Two Tone

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-hondawrvrstwotone.jpg

All the features in type E are in the RS type with a number of improvements. Starting from full LED headlights, there are LED DRLs, sequential model LED turn signals, and there are RS aero kits. The wheels used are also different in shape and larger in size, which is 17 inches. The RS version is also equipped with a roof garnish to strengthen the impression of the SUV. Going into the interior, the Honda WR-V RS is still equipped with a remote engine start.
There are red accents in some parts to emphasize its sporty impression. The RS type is also equipped with Auto A / C, 6speakers, rear seat reminder, and walk away auto door lock. The side mirrors are equipped with an auto foldable feature and there is an LED turning light. The instrument panel also uses the same 4.2-inch TFT display as the Honda BR-V. The Honda WR-V RS is sold with 4 color options namely Stellar Diamond Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Meteoroid Gray Metallic and Ignite Red Metallic.

Honda WR-V RS HS: (ADAS)

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-hondawrvrscvths.jpg

The highest type of Honda WR-V, which is the RS CVT type with Honda Sensing. In this type, of course you will get all the features of the Honda WR-V RS type but with a number of additions. First, there is an additional auto headlight and also 6airbags. In addition, the infotainment system also supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity even though it is still wired. There is also a Honda Lane Watch in the form of a camera on the left rearview mirror to monitor blind spots on the left side of the car.
Honda WR-V type RS HS gets a Honda Sensing package. Honda Sensing in this car includes features Collision Mitigation Brake System, Auto-High Beam, Lane Keeping Assist System, Lead Car Departure Notification System, Road Departure Mitigation, and Adaptive Cruise Control. Well, for the AB and LKAS features.

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-2.jpg

2nd-gen Honda WR-V launched in Indonesia (page 4)-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd November 2022 at 09:45.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:43   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

This is no Creta fighter. This is essentially a jacked up Amaze wearing fancy new clothes. Think of this as a competitor to the Venue and Nexon.

Key takeaways

- this is going into production soon. Considering what kind of exercise this is (existing platform, engines, transmissions, cabin etc), wonder why they didn’t execute this 2 years ago when they launched the Gen2 Amaze.

- the WRV is regressing as a product. It is now officially moving from the City/Jazz platform to the Amaze platform.

All in all, I expect this car to be priced competitively and offer typical Honda strengths of good space, sorted ergonomics and reliable powertrains. I expect them to offer the 1.5 iVTEC at least on some variants. The weedy 1.2 felt underpowered a decade back, it will positively be left for dead by the turbo petrols that rule this segment.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:33   #60
BHPian

The car does not look too exciting, except the front grill, Honda sensing and 1.5 DOHC engine.

The car gives vibes of old gen Brezza (Vitara Brezza)+ Amaze+ Exiting WRV.

A compact SUV is under launch planning at Honda India, that i know for sure. The SOP could start from April 2023. What I don't know is, if this new SUV is new gen WRV or not? Hope Honda will provide the Hybrid option with all new cars, since Honda Diesel is now discontinuing.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks