Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2004, 00:19   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally someone somewhere is copying the Italians.

Subaru is planning on moving up a notch for the 2006 model year with the introduction of its seven-passenger upscale wagon. Updated, but based on the WX-01 Concept from the Tokyo Motor Show, this vehicle will be the first in the lineup to carry Subaru's new signature styling grille, as first seen on the B9SC Roadster Concept.

Developed under the codenames SG/X and 00X, the premium wagon has already hit the consumer clinics in southern California and has received positive feedback. Several Subaru owners commented that the new wagon had the look and feel of a Lexus, but others remarked on the European influences.

Subaru insides have commented about the vehicle's very versatile and highly flexible interior, and it's believed that the second and third rows of seats will fold flat to accommodate cargo, as well as flexible seating configurations.

The SG/X will be built in Lafayette, Ind., and should start running off the assembly line in just a year from now. Sources tell us the SG/X will measure in at about 195 inches overall, with a 108-inch wheelbase. Power is expected to come from Subaru's 3.0-liter H6 boxer engine, and, of course, it will be all-wheel drive.

The new SG/X will likely start in the low-to-mid $30,000 range with an estimated production of up to 40,000 units annually.

And although there is nothing confirmed, there are STRONG rumors that General Motors may want a piece of the action. Quite possibly this might spawn a new luxury wagon for the automaker, and it just may carry the Buick nameplate - and possibly Saab as well.

Source : http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.a....le=6958
Old 23rd March 2004, 00:52   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ouch, how come all new car designs suck these days?

GTO
Old 23rd March 2004, 01:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Holy cow, concept car to reality. Don't tell me this is how the future of Subaru is gonna look like. Another company that i admire bites the dust..... guess i gotta start my own.

Revvmaster
Old 23rd March 2004, 01:48   #4
Team-BHP Support

IMO,

The design aint so bad at all.....pretty good infact.........EXCEPT FOR THE GAPING HOLE OF THE DARTH VADER MASK!@

cheers
Old 23rd March 2004, 03:16   #5
Team-BHP Support

Not the best design I've see, but, not the worst either. As Rehaan says, the "Gaping hole of the Darth Vader mask" needs to be worked on.
Headlights? Don't know. Maybe Chris Bangle can help.
Old 23rd March 2004, 11:52   #6
BHPian

Nahhh S@#t Design Man

Most Viewed