Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 17:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW to discontinue its V12 engines this year

BMW will be pulling the plug on its V12 engines later this year. The V12 engine from BMW currently powers the brand's flagship sedan, the 7 Series.

BMW to discontinue its V12 engines this year-bmwv12badge.jpg

The German carmaker will, however, introduce a special edition 7 Series sedan, called the M760i Final V12 Edition, which as the name suggests will be the final model from the brand to use the V12 unit. BMW also stated that only 12 units of the special edition M760i will be produced and it will retail only in the US market with a price tag of US$200,000.

While the overall exterior styling remains unchanged, the special edition 7 Series will come with a new set of 20-inch alloy wheels, special badging and a wide range of customisation options to help distinguish itself from the standard model.

The special edition M760i sedan also comes with a "The Final V12" badging on the door sills and the engine cover. BMW will also commemorate the models with a "1 of 12" plaque on the centre console.

The special edition of the BMW 7 Series will come powered by the brand's 6.6-litre turbocharged V12 engine. It produces 600 BHP, and the car is said to have a 0 - 100 km/h time of 3.6 seconds.

Production of the M760i Final V12 model will commence in the US in June 2022, with deliveries said to take place the following month.

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 01:24   #2
BHPian

Re: BMW to discontinue its V12 engines this year

This was going to happen sooner or later. I wonder if they will plonk the V6 with Dual turbo or use V8's. I am also keen to know if Rolls Royce will be downsizing to a V8 too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks