Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 17:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

400 km run Porsche Carrera GT sold for a record US$ 2 million

A 2005 Porsche Carrera GT with just 250-miles (402 km) on the odometer has been sold for a record US$2 million through an online auction, held by Bring A Trailer (BAT). This makes it the most expensive car to be sold through the website and also the most expensive car ever to be sold via an online auction.

400 km run Porsche Carrera GT sold for a record US$ 2 million-porschecarreragt1.jpg

The 250-mile Carrera GT beat the record set just weeks before by a similar 780-mile run CGT, which was sold for US$1.9 million.

400 km run Porsche Carrera GT sold for a record US$ 2 million-porschecarreragt2.jpg

This particular model comes finished in a Silver Metallic paint scheme with a seemingly flawless Brown interior. The car also comes with carbon-fibre panels all around. The record-setting Carrera GT is also reported to have had a US$18,000 service done in January 2021. These include new water pumps, belts, spark plugs, TPM sensors and even a battery.

400 km run Porsche Carrera GT sold for a record US$ 2 million-porschecarreragt3.jpg

The car also comes with all the original paperwork, Porsche's certificate of authenticity, fitted luggage set in terracotta-leather and a clean Carfax report.

400 km run Porsche Carrera GT sold for a record US$ 2 million-porschecarreragt4.jpg

The Porsche Carrera GT is powered by a mid-mounted 5.7-litre V10 producing 605 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and 590 Nm @ 5,750 rpm paired with a 6-speed manual transmission and a limited-slip differential.

Source: Bring A Trailer

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 20th January 2022 at 17:09.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 18:31   #2
BHPian

Re: 400 km run Porsche Carrera GT sold for a record US$ 2 million

The only Porsche that matters to me and the only one i aspire to own someday. Seeing one is such good condition makes me have fizzy sensations like James and more!
Oh the glorious sound that V10 makes!

2 million?! that is a LOT! Looks like i will have to rob more banks!

If only there was a buy one Carrera and get a F40 free!
N33raj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 20:58   #3
BHPian

Buying such a beauty and not even driving it, i guess the person is not a true petrol head maybe just a reseller.

Well atleast he has made 2 mill and here I am on a 9-9 grind in my job so who am I to comment.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 21:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

The review of this car by Doug Demuro is fantastic too. The car sounds absolutely bonkers, probably next best after Lexus LFA.

It also happens to be one of the best if not the best car in NFS Most Wanted that came back years ago and the sound track (exhaust of this car) is to die for. Just last month I installed it on my desktop to rekindle some memories and raced this car mindlessly around town - unbelievable fun!
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks