Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 19:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

i think he is making the right decision, maybe signaling Rowling to write more books for him to act and make some more money
Old 21st June 2007, 21:33   #17
BHPian

some people!!!!
i just simply don't get it!
Old 22nd June 2007, 01:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Why do "celebrities" feel the need to justify every car purchase with green credentials? Anyone that seriously buys a car based on this needs a good firm boot in b*llocks. .
WHY?

having millions entitles (forces, in your words) one to buy a car that does not return more than 10 MPG and produces 300+ HPs, when a fiat GP can exactly do the same job?

I feel it's perfectly normal for him to get a normal car. and then again, mine and ur feeling don't really matter in this case.
Old 22nd June 2007, 01:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
In accordance with Fiat global standards.
So India is not part of 'global standards'? Since when did we fall off the globe?

Quote:
Two things you can't argue Fiat hasn't given India what it gives to the western world are:

1. Resale value.
Not having tasted Fiat's A.S.S. (thank the good Lord) either in India or the rest of the world, I cannot comment on that. But I'm told that Fiat, or its subsidiary Alfa Romeo, has amongst the WORST resale value of any car.
Old 22nd June 2007, 01:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

and this is much better than michael jackson having trouble paying his employees, and still refusing to let go of his personal jets for his trips.
Old 22nd June 2007, 01:37   #21
BANNED

Fiat Grande Punto!
Great decision Dan! You ave spend time on researching and you have finalised on this car. I hope it makes you happy and proud at the same time.

Maybe the Grande Punto (How does that pronounce? P_oo_N_tt_AW??) is not yet launched in India and I haven't got a chance to drive it, but by the whole hoopla and hype created around the car, I think it should be a great car.

But a Fiat? WHY? Nay, why should I worry?

Dan is a boy turning soon to a man. He is buying his first car. And so he chose this car. Later on when he grows up, he can choose some good, wonderful cars I hope.
Old 22nd June 2007, 05:26   #22
Nos007

Fiat Grande Punto! may ne he should've buy somethin more glamrous like Galardo..... .

Old 22nd June 2007, 05:39   #23
BHPian

You guys really a think an LP640 or a Ferrari or other high performance car will be safe in the hands of an 18 year old kid? Even a lot of experienced drivers have trouble driving these monsters, what say about the kid?

And isn't it his personal business what he buys?
Old 22nd June 2007, 11:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

I see a new Brand Ambassador for FIAT now...Can FIAT convince him to be thier BRAND Ambassador for emerging markets. Everyone knows Potter boy and can boost the image of Fiat big time. In India and else where!

Harry Potter uses a Fiat...Do you?
Old 22nd June 2007, 12:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So India is not part of 'global standards'? Since when did we fall off the globe?
Quote:
Do you mean that Fiat is the same everywhere or that it's not?
India is part of global standards and Fiat is the same everywhere.

Quote:
Not having tasted Fiat's A.S.S. (thank the good Lord) either in India or the rest of the world,
You don't have to thank the good Lord. Fiat service, at least in Mumbai, is not as bad as it's made out to be. I have owned a Santro and a Matiz earlier and Anuroop Fiat gave me much better service then Sharayu Hyundai and yes thats not a typo. However, Sharayu does have an edge over Shaman. As for Daewoo dealers, Fiat is light years ahead in their service quality and standards then any Daewoo dealer ever was.
Old 22nd June 2007, 21:04   #26
BANNED

Is Dan going to get his Punto serviced ever in these Sharayu, Shaman or Anuroop? Otherwise why should we always discuss the Fiat service problems in India repeatedly in every thread which has something to do with Fiat?
Sorry, I am not being offensive to your post Amit. Just that it seems like it. Please consider me as stupid if my question seems to be so.

Man! He won't even worry about service a bit as much as the Fiat guys will be worried of his car. They will be doing a whole great job on keeping his car to the best condition always.

As said earlier, It is his decision after a research (apparently). Let July (18??) come and let him drive out his own car and let's also see how he responds after some days with the car. That will be more important than making a hue and cry of why a Punto and not Galllardo etc...
Old 22nd June 2007, 21:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You don't have to thank the good Lord. Fiat service, at least in Mumbai, is not as bad as it's made out to be. I have owned a Santro and a Matiz earlier and Anuroop Fiat gave me much better service then Sharayu Hyundai and yes thats not a typo. However, Sharayu does have an edge over Shaman. As for Daewoo dealers, Fiat is light years ahead in their service quality and standards then any Daewoo dealer ever was.
India does not live in Mumbai. And it shows the sorry state of affairs when you have to compare Fiat to a dead and gone company.

I'd give you an example of Fiat's beautiful A.S.S. in the working, but I just don't want to go on.

Quote:
Fiat is the same everywhere.
I'm sure it is.
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Is Dan going to get his Punto serviced ever in these Sharayu, Shaman or Anuroop? Otherwise why should we always discuss the Fiat service problems in India repeatedly in every thread which has something to do with Fiat?
Sorry, I am not being offensive to your post Amit. Just that it seems like it.
Ask the people who raise the Fiat service questions every time. I was only responding to the constantly repeated post of poor service which as you say is repeated again and again and again.

Quote:
India does not live in Mumbai.
Yes India does not live in Mumbai but I do and that is why I can only comment on Fiat service standards in Mumbai. Maybe you can comment on service quality all over India but I am not as widely travelled as you are.

Quote:
And it shows the sorry state of affairs when you have to compare Fiat to a dead and gone company.
I also compared Fiat to a thriving, existing company which is reputed to be one of the best in after sales service called Hyundai and said that one particular Fiat dealer has consistantly given me better service then Sharayu Hyundai. Pity that you decided to get selective in your response. Secondly, I am not comparing fiat service to daewoo service of today. When I compared Fiat to Daewoo, I was talking about Daewoo service of late 1990's. And I reason I was talking about Daewoo was because I had a Matiz.

Quote:
I'd give you an example of Fiat's beautiful A.S.S. in the working, but I just don't want to go on.
I am not denying that Fiat service is bad. In fact, I am the one who said Fiat service is same globally. So I really don't understand what the big debate is about. By the way, I am sure many members can give you examples of MUL, Honda, Ford, Skoda, GM's beautiful A.S.S in the working. There will be no end to this arguement especially when the people concerned don't want it to end.

You win my friend. Fiat is a pathetic company with horrendous A.S.S.

Let's get back to the topic now.

Congrats to this guy on his first new car. Whether you are a celebrity or not, the first car you buy with your own hard earned money is always special. The buyer saw the VFM in the car. Good for him. May he have a satisfying ownership.

Most Viewed