Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 00:40   #1
BHPian

So what's Harry Potter's new ride......?

A FIAT GRANDE PUNTO !!!!!

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has decided to buy himself a Fiat Punto to celebrate his 18th birthday next month.

The actor - who gains access to his £23 million fortune when he turns 18 - has decided that he does not want to draw attention to himself by purchasing a more expensive vehicle.

A friend of the star told the Evening Standard: "Daniel is very excited about coming into his fortune on 23 July but he's not going to become flash all of a sudden and go on a mad spending spree. He is quite a sensible lad and has been planning for this day for a while.

"The first thing he wants to buy himself to celebrate his 18th birthday is a car. He's done a bit of research and really likes the Fiat Grande Punto. Daniel is concerned about the environment and this car has been voted one of the top five green cars in Britain.

"When a big, flash sports car whizzes past, people always assume it's someone rich or famous inside. It draws a lot of attention to you and Daniel didn't want this."

Showbiz - News - Daniel Radcliffe purchasing Fiat Punto - Digital Spy

Some or most of these guys are nuts.Why do you need to think on two extremes? If you dont want a lot of attention, buy an E or S class or any Beemer or Audi.There are plenty of those around,so nobody's gonna really salivate on seeing one.Why a GP?? Even Hari Da Puttar's Fiat crazy I guess.Does that mean he will join team-bhp and PUG/FCi in the near future?

Why do "celebrities" feel the need to justify every car purchase with green credentials? Anyone that seriously buys a car based on this needs a good firm boot in b*llocks. .

Last edited by roms : 21st June 2007 at 00:50.
Old 21st June 2007, 01:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Promote to them the greenness of a bullock cart from an indian village. A true Green SUV.
Old 21st June 2007, 01:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Lol! What does the S in SUV stand for?? I can think of many options

The Punto's a nice car, but Dan Radcliffe can get something better. Maybe he's been spending too much times on brooms, getting battered in Quidditch matches and by buggers who should not be named!
Old 21st June 2007, 01:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Why should he not get a car he wants? It's upto him innit?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st June 2007 at 02:00. Reason: Removed a stupid line. lol
Old 21st June 2007, 08:45   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Why a GP??
Why not??? To each one, their own taste!

Quote:
Even Hari Da Puttar's Fiat crazy I guess.Does that mean he will join team-bhp and PUG/FCi in the near future?
The thing that i can't understand is you being yourself an avid Fiat fan, what do you have against that? Maybe we can say in the future, in the course of Maruti/Hyundai/whatever Vs Fiat arguement that, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe drives a GP
Old 21st June 2007, 12:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post

The thing that i can't understand is you being yourself an avid Fiat fan, what do you have against that? Maybe we can say in the future, in the course of Maruti/Hyundai/whatever Vs Fiat arguement that, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe drives a GP
I dont have anything against anyone buddy.Yes ofcourse, to each his own.Its just that the whole story is a bit funny to digest.You have access to £23 million and you buy a GP on the pretext that you dont need attention in a flashy sports car.My point was that its two extremes we are talking about here.Nothing else.

"Maybe we can say in the future, in the course of Maruti/Hyundai/whatever Vs Fiat arguement that, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe drives a GP ."
Thats a good one Arif.I will be using that line too!
Old 21st June 2007, 16:45   #7

The fact that this made the news itself is drawing attention, even though it just involves a Fiat.
Old 21st June 2007, 17:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well look at it this way - Despite achieving great success at a young age the boy still has his feet on the ground. That in itself is a great thing.
Old 21st June 2007, 17:18   #9
BHPian

We Should Invite daniel radcliffe to team-bhp, he will surely tell us more about the car and will review it after the test drive ahahaha . I am also sure he will be amazed to see so many fiat FAns here.
But Din know that the fiat grande punto is amongst the top 5 green cars in britain. Impressive
Old 21st June 2007, 17:56   #10
BHPian

maybe he is just not a petrolhead like the rest of us.
me personally with that kind of money would be rolling in a lp640 even if i had to goto a fish market!!!
Old 21st June 2007, 18:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

How do they rate a car as green ?
BTW, can't help wondering how the Fiat A.S.S in the UK is like.
Old 21st June 2007, 18:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
maybe he is just not a petrolhead like the rest of us.
me personally with that kind of money would be rolling in a lp640 even if i had to goto a fish market!!!
So now you know why people like you & me don't get that kind of money
Old 21st June 2007, 18:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
BTW, can't help wondering how the Fiat A.S.S in the UK is like.
In accordance with Fiat global standards.

Two things you can't argue Fiat hasn't given India what it gives to the western world are:

1. Resale value.
2. After Sales Service.
Old 21st June 2007, 18:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Maybe Fiat is giving it to him free. Now there's tremendous publicity involved in this. I'm sure there would be a lot more people interested in the Fiat GP now.
Old 21st June 2007, 19:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
In accordance with Fiat global standards.
Two things you can't argue Fiat hasn't given India what it gives to the western world are:
1. Resale value.
2. After Sales Service.
Hmmm. I did not really understand it - I mean with the double negatives and the lavish smileys. Do you mean that Fiat is the same everywhere or that it's not ?

Most Viewed