Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 13:06   #1
BHPian

FIAT Bravo Monospace in 2008

There will be a Bravo Monospace in 2008 according to Auto Plus, the weekly car magazine from France. A monospace is what passes for a people carrier . The pictures look nice but not much hard info exists at the moment. It will replace the Multipla around the middle of next year. Which means it could have a six seat configuration just like the Multipla.

Looks good.But there is a bit of Fiat Sedici/SX4 happening here too.Fiat's designs are getting better by the day.
Dont know if this is a photoshop job.

In other news, the new series of 1.4 T-Jet 120 bhp gasoline engines seem to be a bit disappointing with low end torque, especially till the turbo kicks in.Well you could expect that.Its a 1.4 afterall.Sort of reinforces the saying " there is no replacement for displacement".But it should be fun on the highways.The 1.9 Multijet Diesels are getting better reviews.

Last edited by roms : 21st June 2007 at 13:16.
Old 21st June 2007, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Question is whether Fiat has the nerve to get these to India. And whether the Indian car buying public has the nerve to touch Fiat cars.
Old 21st June 2007, 13:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Question is whether Fiat has the nerve to get these to India. And whether the Indian car buying public has the nerve to touch Fiat cars.
Thats true.We will get to know that in the very near future.Hope it works out for FIAT this time around.I'm saying that because I wish to see the Bravo here, in some form or the other.
Old 21st June 2007, 13:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

I LOVE those wheels

Will it come here? I don't think so.
Old 21st June 2007, 15:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mamma Mia! That's a bloody fantastic looking vehicle! What a sexy MPV! And I love those wheels too! Forget the MPV Fiat, just get the Bravo hatch here.
Old 21st June 2007, 16:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

What would be the price that they can place the Bravo hatch for? I dont think it would be anywhere less than the Fusion.
Old 21st June 2007, 16:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Wowow!

The front resembles a Grande Punto.
Old 21st June 2007, 16:18   #8
BHPian

I would love to owe one of these.And those wheels, i love them.
Old 21st June 2007, 16:22   #9
BHPian

Realistically, I see the Bravo hatch in SRV category.Bravo is loaded with quite a few gizmos.Even if some or most of those were to be dropped, and Fiat gives it a 90bhp FIRE lump instead of the T-Jet 1.4 motor, it would still cost around 7-8 Lakhs.Any lower and it could affect the GP.And at that price, people would prefer the Linea. So car will bomb in its hatch form IMO. What Fiat can do for markets like India is, load the car with all the possible gadgets, stick a boot to it, just the way they did to GP and made it into a Linea,give it the 150BHP T-jet motor and then price it just above the Linea between 12-14 L.But then is that price too steep for a Fiat? Have to say, it would be difficult for the Bravo hatch to survive in our market. I would love one though.
What if they actually bring in the Bravo MPV featured here and then price it at 7-8 L? An offering like this would help Fiat enter into a new segment altogether.Hmmm.....

BTW, for those who dont know what the Bravo MPV is going to replace ...

The FIAt Multipla-Quirky,ugly,wierd but a wonderful,practical six seater MPV/hatch with loads of character.Its done reasonably well with the Taxi market in Europe.And to think of it, Fiat India were to launch it in India before the Palio! Would have been a really bold decision if they had gone ahead with it.

Last edited by roms : 21st June 2007 at 16:41.
Old 21st June 2007, 16:28   #10
BHPian

Quote:
The front resembles a Grande Punto
If you go to the FIAT international site, you actually notice that the front grill in Grande Punto and Bravo are different(Bravo has a higher hood, GP has a wider grill and the head lamps are different....Very difficult to find if you dont do a front to front comparison...However the car looks awesome. Wish they sold that in India with a 1.9 JTD engine
Old 21st June 2007, 17:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

I remember having read Luca making a statement that Fiat India is planning to release Bravo in India during his last visit to India. If that is ever true, then I guess they should concentrate on monospace instead of Bravo itself.
Old 25th June 2007, 15:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Clearly a photoshop job. The side profile is lifted from the Mercedes B class while the front and rear look like the Fiat Punto.
Old 25th June 2007, 15:57   #13
BANNED

Hoping for atleast GP from Fiat by 2008 with 90 BHP.
Old 26th June 2007, 12:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Hoping for atleast GP from Fiat by 2008 with 90 BHP.
Logically they should offer the GP with both the 75 and 90bhp engines. But I hope Fiat thinks with their hearts this time around too like they did in 2002 with the Palio GTX and offer the GP with the 1.9 JTD 120bhp engine.

For starters, I hope they launch the 90bhp GP mated to a 6 speed manual.
Old 26th June 2007, 13:55   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Logically they should offer the GP with both the 75 and 90bhp engines. But I hope Fiat thinks with their hearts this time around too like they did in 2002 with the Palio GTX and offer the GP with the 1.9 JTD 120bhp engine.

For starters, I hope they launch the 90bhp GP mated to a 6 speed manual.
They should launch a 1.9 ltr engine. Why cant we start a new poll regarding this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks