Team-BHP - Mahindra Scorpio Pik-Up......In FRANCE!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio Pik-Up......In FRANCE!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/25653-mahindra-scorpio-pik-up-france.html)

Big hello to all,

I am currently on a company assignment in a really small town in France and yesterday when driving saw a pick-up that looked a lot like the Scorpio model launched for SA last year. As I passed the car, i saw a big 'Mahindra' in white on the rear panel.

It was a new vehicle, local registration and a local driving it!

Unfortunately, since I was driving in the opposite direction, I could'nt take any pics!

Since all new cars in Europe have to be Euro 4 compliant, it had to have the 2.2L DICR. I know that TML has launched its 2.2L DiCOR here.

It was great seeing an Indian vehicle here. Got me more excited than when I see all the Beemers and Porsches!!!!

;)

hey porsche_fan have seen the TL sprint [tata pickup] there on roads? or is from the news on TV and mags?
M&M has launched the scorpio Gateway [pickup] with their CRDe engine from the regular one, in india two days back.
can u get any info on the tata pickup engine spec intiror etc?

I agree with you. its nice to see an indian vehicle that has "immigrated" to a foreign country. Lot of indian cars like the alto and zen are exported to Europe.

On my trip to France last year i spotted a zen.

Here is the pic.

Seeing Indian presence in foreign land sure gets us excited. I too was excited when I first saw a Mahindra ad, then a Bajaj scooter but the real shocker was when I saw a... *deep breath* Panther and TVS 50 parked next to each other on my univ campus!

Quote:

Originally Posted by porsche_fan (Post 481291)
It was great seeing an Indian vehicle here. Got me more excited than when I see all the Beemers and Porsches!!!!
;)

Absolutely, porsche_fan. There is nothing more satisfying than that. I saw a few trucks in singapore/malaysia during 1999/2000 which were the same fords & dodges that are running here without permits/licenses etc. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 481386)
I agree with you. its nice to see an indian vehicle that has "immigrated" to a foreign country. Lot of indian cars like the alto and zen are exported to Europe.

On my trip to France last year i spotted a zen.

Here is the pic.

Actually that can even be a normal basic Suzuki there.. It even has a Suzuki logo.. It could just be some basic model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by torqueunlimited (Post 482017)
Actually that can even be a normal basic Suzuki there.. It even has a Suzuki logo.. It could just be some basic model.

Not only that. For all we might know, it could have features of the top-end variant of the Indian version as standard fitment (and other additional features that we dont even get in India) while the Indian customer is charged a premium for all these features. Sad, isnt it ? :Frustrati

Not to drift too far OT but when I was in Florence a few years ago, I stumbled across this! IT was LHD and for a few minutes I was sure someone had slipped me some Absinth or I had one too many Car Bombs. Luckily my camera proved that I was not halucinating!

It is an absolute maruti with the maruti logo on the grill. WOW!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 482260)
It is an absolute maruti with the maruti logo on the grill. WOW!!

:Cheering:

Thats cool. Maruti logo instead of Suzuki!

Being an x-M800 owner, feels nice after seeing that pic.

India is not the only country manufacturing M800s and zens; but of course, if the cars have the Maruti (as opposed to Suzuki logo), they are made in India.
And yes, it is a great feeling to find an Indian designed and Indian made vehicle in a land faaaar away.

I was driving around Italy last week when I spotted not one but two Scorpio's in San Gimignano, Tuscany. They looked good in the beautiful rural European setting. Later in the day, I drove past a Mahindra dealer in Poggibonsi (near Florence). It's good to see Scorpio's being sold along side Land Rover Defenders :)

here is the another one. i spotted Maruti 800 in Lodz, Poland. and the name was ' Maruti 800'

Shot with NV-GS15 at 2007-07-03

Oh my I can imagine what is the feeling one goes thru when you spot an Indian vehicle.

Adi wasnt that car you spotted badged as an Alto? I dont think they had zens there if my memory serves me right.

Loving the M800s!

In London, you see Tatas, but that's obviously because they sell here. Good to see a Sierra or a Safari once in a while though :P