Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 12:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar Land Rover CEO Thierry Bollore steps down

Thierry Bollore, the CEO of Jaguar Land Rover, has resigned from the company citing personal reasons.

Jaguar Land Rover CEO Thierry Bollore steps down-fortuneindia_202211_b45524a44e544a3f928a6687e8b8a9c9_gettyimages_1236145245_2.jpg

Theirry Bollore joined Jaguar Land Rover as the CEO in September 2020. He replaced, the then-CEO, Ralph Speth. According to a regulatory filing, Bollore will be leaving the company on December 31, 2022. He has also resigned from the post of Non-Executive Non-Independent Director of Tata Motors Limited.

Adrian Mardell has been appointed as the interim CEO of Jaguar Land Rover from November 16, 2022. Adrian has been a part of the company for 32 years. He has been on the Executive Board for the last 3 years.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 21:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Jaguar Land Rover CEO Thierry Bollore steps down

I believe he's the guy who admitted to JLRs reliability woes, and promised to fix them. Any updates regarding that?
Harjot37 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 23:07   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jaguar Land Rover CEO Thierry Bollore steps down

From recent launches under his watch, my impression is that the newer products are more reliable and have lower level of teething issues. I do not hear too many things lately.

However the possible issues leading to his exit are:
  • Poor chemistry with Tata and JLR management
  • Poor handling of the chip shortage, everything is being blamed on this but this could've been managed and anticipated with the big Defender and Range Rover launches
  • Jaguar's product strategy - Thank God! Land Rover has got Jaguars back financially. Jaguar sales have diminished to a point where Alfa Romeo outsells it.
  • A yawning gap between now and the bold electrification plan. A lot more effort should have been made to keep the current product more competitive and the iPace should have been leveraged. The canned XJ replacement was supposed to be a looker, it might have been worth launching it, just to keep the brand alive and make a statement.
  • Forcing Jaguar into a predominant SUV brand - the one Jags selling are the E-Pace and the F-Pace. I'm confused
  • No experience in the high end segment - he is ex Renault!

Too much uncertainly in the brand means people will not part with their money.

Last edited by ajmat : 17th November 2022 at 23:09.
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks