Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 21:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Report: BMW is the 3rd most reliable car brand in the USA, Mercedes-Benz ranks last

Intersting report and ranking. Toyota living up to its reputation.

Just a note on the thread title - why BMW being 3rd is the subject line when Toyota and Lexus are the first and second. It takes away the spotlight from the true winners here. Isn't that odd? Or is it just me?
Rodie09 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 23:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Report: BMW is the 3rd most reliable car brand in the USA, Mercedes-Benz ranks last

Can definitely vouch for the BMW being reliable.

Using a BMW X1 20d 2018 having covered 48,000 kms in 4.5 Years and till date it has not given any issue.

Recently did a 5000 Kms road trip in 11 days covering Mumbai-Vijaywada-Bhubaneswar-Puri-Konark-Visakhapatnam-Gandikota-Mumbai and it performed very well.

Thanks to CBS which monitors when what is due; owner is sure not to miss any service or parts replacement.

End of the day 190 Horsepower plasters a smile and diesel delivers great mileage of 15 Kmpl.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 01:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Intersting report and ranking. Toyota living up to its reputation.

Just a note on the thread title - why BMW being 3rd is the subject line when Toyota and Lexus are the first and second. It takes away the spotlight from the true winners here. Isn't that odd? Or is it just me?
Toyota is reliable? Yawn! Yawn! Yawn! Such a piece of boring news that has played longer than DDLJ in the cinemas. Obviously, BMW being 3rd is where the spotlight should be. Personally feel that it may be a few key models that have brought them the laurels, especially when bettering the expectation. Kind of a recency bias.
VinsWagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 08:18   #19

As usual Toyota and Lexus takes up the top spot, but never expected to see BMW in 3rd place .

It's kinda upsetting to see Mercedes Benz dead last but that's a given, with the kind of touchscreen gizmos they put everywhere in their cars. Always hated those.

And I have a question, does this report only include mainstream car brands? I don't see Porsche here .
Old 30th November 2022, 03:36   #20
BHPian

Why isnt Suzuki on this list? or am I missing something?
Old 30th November 2022, 09:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
Why isnt Suzuki on this list? or am I missing something?
I think Suzuki does not sell cars in the USA anymore, only motorbikes and as this is a car reliability list It does not get featured.

Thanks yashg for organising the complete list : ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
Top 24 brands in terms on reliability

1. Toyota
2. Lexus
3. BMW
4. Mazda
5. Honda
It is surprising to see BMW top Honda in overall reliability!
I wonder on what basis are these ranked?, is it simply noted amount of complete breakdowns or takes into account things like minor electronic niggles etc.
It is hard for me to believe Honda's breakdown more often than a BMW, would love to know on what metrics this chart has been scored.

Last edited by Maky : 30th November 2022 at 09:11.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed