Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 15:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

New BMW 3.0 CSL unveiled; Most powerful 6-cylinder with a manual gearbox

BMW M has unveiled its new 3.0 CSL to celebrate the performance division's 50th anniversary. The new BMW 3.0 CSL is based on the brand's M4 model and will be limited to just 50 units.

New BMW 3.0 CSL unveiled; Most powerful 6-cylinder with a manual gearbox-bmw3csl1.jpg

The new BMW 3.0 CSL pays homage to the original from the 1970s. The new 3.0 CSL carries forward a distinctive design inspired by the original, although there are a few tweaks made to help it differentiate itself from the BMW M4 CSL.

New BMW 3.0 CSL unveiled; Most powerful 6-cylinder with a manual gearbox-bmw3csl2.jpg

The BMW 3.0 CSL features a distinctive kidney grille up front, combined with a lower apron with two circular air intakes - a nod to the 3.0 CSL 'Batmobile'. The new car also features yellow DRLs to give it a contemporary motorsport linkage, squared-off shoulders, a small roof spoiler, bespoke tail lights, 20-inch front & 21-inch rear centre-locking wheels, a large fixed rear wing and a distinct 'Hofmeister Kink' at the rear pillar - similar to that on the original 3.0 CSL.

New BMW 3.0 CSL unveiled; Most powerful 6-cylinder with a manual gearbox-bmw3csl3.jpg

BMW states that almost all the body panels of the new 3.0 CSL are made from carbon fibre. The roof spoiler is said to be a fibreglass-reinforced plastic unit, while the exhaust system is titanium. The new 3.0 CSL comes in the distinctive BMW Motorsport livery.

New BMW 3.0 CSL unveiled; Most powerful 6-cylinder with a manual gearbox-bmw3csl4.jpg

While the interior of the BMW 3.0 CSL is based on the standard M4, it comes with plenty of upgrades. The car features a white-topped shifter, carbon fibre bucket seats with Alcantara upholstery and the production run number on the dashboard.

Underneath, the car comes powered by a 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged straight-six engine. It produces 552 BHP and 550 Nm, making it the most powerful road-going six-cylinder BMW to date. The engine is paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox and an Active M rear differential.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 25th November 2022 at 15:20.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 16:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: New BMW 3.0 CSL unveiled; Most powerful 6-cylinder with a manual gearbox

3.0 CSL walk around and tribute to old 3.0 CSL

RM Motorsports is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 21:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

At 3/4 of a million euros, it will be a collector item only with hardly ever to be seen on the road.
Old 27th November 2022, 16:22   #4
BHPian

Of all the G generation 4 series' and M3s, I think this has the best designed grill. I will go so far as to say this has the best grill on a BMW, ever.

On a more serious note, this looks much better than the M twos, threes and fours, which look like legos.

Honestly, ( I am a bit surprised I am even saying this) this is one of the best looking BMW M cars ever.

Last edited by MDH75 : 27th November 2022 at 16:24.
MDH75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 18:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
BMW M has unveiled its new 3.0 CSL to celebrate the performance division's 50th anniversary. The new BMW 3.0 CSL is based on the brand's M4 model and will be limited to just 50 units.
I have to say, i'm getting real fond of the grill design on the new-gen bimmers. The new CSL is very beautifully designed, without even considering that it has the most powerful straight-six engine in a production car AND comes with a manual! Real good stuff from BMW I must say.

Last edited by jono213 : 28th November 2022 at 18:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks