Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 12:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

whatever the world might say. JC is the BEST. PERIOD.

Also he makes statements to just create some drama viz : there will be a rule which whill classify cars on basis of the carbon mono oxide they emmit' the worst will be given red color and the best green' on the same JC said "so now it is easier to select cars . . .just select the red ones ".

He says all this to make his show funny. ALso he is the ONLY person who has a very practical view on all the rules with regards to spped cams, bus lanes, special road tax.

he is a rockstar. And people who do not like him. . .can aviod him.

cheers.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:18   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

And maybe you're not even familiar with just how anti-car UK has become. There is pretty much no London area which does not make it difficult and expensive (parking, congestion charge) to drive or own a car in. And it is impossible to speak up against it because PC rules.

Sure, Clarkson's voice is needed. But, on the other hand, if he didn't do quite so much of the in-you-face-stuff then some of the people who should be listening might listen.

Yes, he's a rockstar: but it might be better if he were a little more of a balanced commentator at the same time.

I'd be surprised, though, if Top Gear is not still the best motoring show on British TV: when I was last there, other stuff was a pale imitation.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

JC is the best - PERIOD !! I agree guys.

His most recent article about Mobile phones in TG India edition was excellent. He made sense. I love his articles. Cheers !!
Old 7th August 2007, 16:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

jeremy anchors the program meet the neibhours that comes on travel and living. wonder what he has reduced too. from cars to cities.
Old 7th August 2007, 16:58   #20
BHPian

Guys!!

JC is an icon of our GPS generation & IMHO he should'nt be hounded for small excesses...he is after all the most well known person in the motoring world after M. Schumacher!! A man of THAT stature has a number of enemies & for all we know just such a person has raised this issue...what say?
Old 7th August 2007, 18:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

The other day I was watching "Fifth gear".. For all practical purposes, it is Top Gear minus JC.

U just have to watch Fifth gear to realise how boring Top Gear would be without JC.
Old 8th August 2007, 01:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
The other day I was watching "Fifth gear".. For all practical purposes, it is Top Gear minus JC.

U just have to watch Fifth gear to realise how boring Top Gear would be without JC.
ha ha ha ha u gotta be joking...oh ur killing me that's really a very good joke.....what "gear" again...what "fifth" ha ha ha ha....
Old 8th August 2007, 03:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i saw it once and almost fell asleep. if it was'nt for the cars that kept me awake. i miss JC in these car programs now
Old 8th August 2007, 07:12   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree... I never saw such an attempted rip-off of a program format by another channel. And such an unsuccessful one!

It was almost like someone making Dr. What? with boring stories!
Old 8th August 2007, 08:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
ha ha ha ha u gotta be joking...oh ur killing me that's really a very good joke.....what "gear" again...what "fifth" ha ha ha ha....
huh !! what joke !!! fifth gear is a program on Discovery Travel & Living - again a UK show !! what joke ??
Old 8th August 2007, 12:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Actually Tiff Neddel (or whatever his name is) was a co-presenter along with JC on Top Gear a long long time ago.. He must have had some tiff (pun intended) with JC and literally changed to "Fifth gear" ..

Last edited by spadival : 8th August 2007 at 12:09.
Old 9th August 2007, 01:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Actually Tiff Neddel (or whatever his name is) was a co-presenter along with JC on Top Gear a long long time ago.. He must have had some tiff (pun intended) with JC and literally changed to "Fifth gear" ..
Not just Tiff Needle but also Vicki Butler Henderson or VBH. She was on Top Gear earlier as well. Tiff, Vicki and Jason Plato (from Fifth Gear) are all professional race car drivers. I think Tiff's the guy who helped develop the Mclaren F1.
You'll see him harping about it on Fifth Gear all the time.
Old 9th August 2007, 02:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think they should have kept the name as no gears.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:37   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Tiff Needell (I can't spell it either) was very good on Top Gear.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Jeremy clarkson may just move away from top gear is the latest thing,top gear wants him to shift base to the US but he is adamant he will not go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks