Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 11:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Clarkson in trouble yet again

Jeremy Clarkson, in his unquenchable zeal to entertain his viewers by hook or crook, screwed up one of the most fragile eco-systems in the world by driving over the Salt Pans of Botswana in a most senseless way.
Some one should stop this man. He has zero respect for other cultures and societies and even the environment

Read the full story here

Clarkson accused of spoiling African wildlife | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Sudipto
Old 13th July 2007, 14:19   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
..Some one should stop this man. He has zero respect for other cultures and societies and even the environment

Technically I agree. But from what we've seen the British like to be entertained by personalities that invariably err slightly on the wrong side on nastiness while maintaining that in a humorous theme - e,g: John Cleese from Fawlty Towers
Old 13th July 2007, 14:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

What kind of "wildlife" can be found on salt plane??? AFAIK, there are devoid of even trees.
It seems like anything done by Clarkson/the TG team is being targetted by some eco-mentalists. A couple of years ago, Clarkson purchased some land in Scotland, and then barred tresspassers from entering his estate, because they bought dogs which...well..left droppings. If I own a piece of land, I have got every right to choose whether to allow people on it or not.

Last edited by sajo : 13th July 2007 at 14:35.
Old 13th July 2007, 20:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes its the others that need to be stopped.
Old 14th July 2007, 00:47   #5
BHPian

There's one thing for sure. They don't want to attract other speed maniacs on the those untouched salt-flats. I think there should be someplaces on this earth that should be untouched by humans!
Old 14th July 2007, 01:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

He continues to entertain and make a lot of money for BBC. End of story.
Old 14th July 2007, 12:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well, just cause one cannot imagine why something's treasured and fragile hardly means one should get away with spoiling what someone else considers sacred/important and worth preserving. This is akin to taking a marker to an art gallery and "annotating" great works of art cause you consider them boring or devoid of any real value.

JC does demonstrate insensitivity at times. I guess he tries extra hard to be funny, and at such times manages to cross the line a little too far.
Old 22nd July 2007, 23:03   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson, in his unquenchable zeal to entertain his viewers by hook or crook, screwed up one of the most fragile eco-systems in the world by driving over the Salt Pans of Botswana in a most senseless way.
Some one should stop this man. He has zero respect for other cultures and societies and even the environment

Read the full story here

Clarkson accused of spoiling African wildlife | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Sudipto
Sudipto da...please I worship this person...he is a GOD of car reviews...I think petrol runs through Jeremy Clarkson's veins...since I have been watching Top Gear,I have been a big time fan of his...I think nobody can replace him as the amount of passion he puts into presenting the programs that sets him apart...I have got tons of Top Gear show video recordings on my hard drive and dvds...
After you have watched Top Gear you cannot manage to watch any more so called auto programs they air on Indian news channels...
Sometime back he got into controversy because of the noise pollution that was created in his neighbourhood due to car testing for the show(Top Gear) in an abandoned air strip which he had bought...
I hate to accept this but he is somewhat of a crazy guy but well,in my opinion if he needs to be stopped then cars should be banned from England...they better get back to bicycles...
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:37   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

The man is an offensive idiot --- but, when it comes to talk, it is mostly just laughable, and I find him very funny.

I also like the way that he stands up to authority on stuff like bus lanes. UK is getting really oppressive on drivers, and nobody can criticise, but buses are ecologically OK and cars are ecologically evil. It is all very short-sighted and stupid, because they never seem to think about how ecologically evil the traffic jam caused by one bus can be.

But it sounds like this time they went too far. Clarkson, the producers of the program and the BBC are all at fault.
Old 26th July 2007, 20:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sabrette
A good entertainer is not necessarily a nice person. I would suggest you also please read his regular columns on Timesonline where he propagates some of the most atrocious views on things like why tigers should be eliminated or why vegetarians should be eaten up etc. I think he is quite obnoxious and basically stinks.
Sudipto
Old 26th July 2007, 23:44   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I think he caricatures himself, and I don't take what he says seriously.

I'd be very sad to discover that he really is that bad
Old 26th July 2007, 23:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sabrette
A good entertainer is not necessarily a nice person. I would suggest you also please read his regular columns on Timesonline where he propagates some of the most atrocious views on things like why tigers should be eliminated or why vegetarians should be eaten up etc. I think he is quite obnoxious and basically stinks.
Sudipto
If you dont like him, dont read him. He has his job done, if you read him, no matter whether you think (or not) that is obnoxious!
Old 27th July 2007, 23:44   #13
BHPian

ok ok let us cool down things here a little bit and try to get back to the topic..well,I dont really need to know him as a person as to how good or bad he is - but he does a damn good holy job by making that program onn BBC called Top Gear - and I strictly "worship" him due to his passion of cars and I have never come across any other human being on television who tests and reviews a car for that matter any car with that much passion and then describe it so beautifully - this is how I feel about Mr.Clarkson

Sudipto once again no offence to you - just my opinion that's it

Last edited by sabret00the : 27th July 2007 at 23:45.
Old 28th July 2007, 15:22   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

The 'topic' is that he's in trouble --- so none of us were off-topic!

He's in trouble for taking his offensive idiocy too far.

OTOH, I don't think anyone said that he didn't make good TV programs!!!
Old 7th August 2007, 10:17   #15
BHPian

Good old Jeremy blasts the G-Wiz, aka the Reva.
Jeremy Clarkson Reva G-Wiz DC review | Driving - Times Online

This time around, I think he's fully justified. This motorized trolley should be taken off the road, or put in an amusement park for little children to play with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks