Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2023, 16:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Porsche App helps drivers find fun-to-drive routes, instead of fuel-efficient ones

Porsche launched its Road App in 2019 and is currently said to have 1,80,000 users. According to reports, the carmaker recently refreshed its app, which now enables users to select the "best" route while travelling from point A to point B, where the operator defines what "best" stands for.

Porsche App helps drivers find fun-to-drive routes, instead of fuel-efficient ones-porscheroadsapp1.jpeg

Reports mention that while Google Maps takes into account fuel efficiency and driving time to select the best route, the Roads app by Porsche allows users to select a "challenging or scenic" route instead. Users can create a profile and input what to look out for while travelling, be it wanting to drive on good twisty roads or find the local spots to stop at. Based on this, the app will plan the route to your destination.

Apart from the AI-generated route, the app also offers users to rate the routes, create their own and even leave comments/reviews. The app works best on road trips to unfamiliar areas, where it helps find good roads for users to enjoy their drive.

The Roads App is currently available only for iPhone users and doesn't even require you to own a Porsche. Users can simply select the route they want to take on the iPhone app and then mirror it on their car's infotainment screen via Apple CarPlay.

Source: Car&Driver

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 1st March 2023 at 16:33.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 08:22   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Porsche App helps drivers find fun-to-drive routes, instead of fuel-efficient ones

My kind of app . Between a shorter, less fun route and a longer, pleasurable drive...I always pick the latter. E.g. when coming back from the airport to my place, I'll take the Sealink -> Worli -> home road instead of driving through narrow & congested Mahim. Might take a little more time, but it's a lot more fun. Similarly, if early in the morning, I'll sometimes take the old Mumbai-Pune highway instead of the expressway.

Trust Porsche to do the right thing. Everyday magic, indeed:
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:09   #3

Re: Porsche App helps drivers find fun-to-drive routes, instead of fuel-efficient ones

Wow! Is this available to outside for non Porsche users?
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:34   #4
BHPian

Could not find this app on the Apple App Store.
Old 2nd March 2023, 19:58   #5
BANNED

Had the 911 Carrera with me for a couple of days last week and these were my exact thoughts - where do I find roads to drive this beyond 2nd or 3rd gear?
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche App helps drivers find fun-to-drive routes, instead of fuel-efficient ones-e555cc169f254d63b1f9e39c747f792b.jpeg  

Last edited by EV NXT : 2nd March 2023 at 20:09.
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:42   #6

I owned Porsche Macan last year and was not aware of this app.
Although I used to find twisty roads in silicon valley on youtube or google maps.
Some interesting ones were
- Rt 35 from Saratoga to SF.
- Rt 9 towards Santa Cruz
- Road upto Licks Observatory
- Hwy 1 from Santa Cruz to Monterey
- Niles Canyon Road from Fremont through Sunol towards Pleasanton.

But next time I am visiting USA, will use this app for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

--rawnak
naam1010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks