Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 14:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

2024 Ford Mustang engine can be revved remotely, up to 5000 rpm via the key fobs

Ford unveiled the seventh-generation iteration of the Mustang in September last year. The 2024 Ford Mustang comes with a host of new tech features compared to the old model - one of which is called the "Remote Rev". This new feature allows owners to rev up the engine of their Mustang through the car's key fob.

2024 Ford Mustang engine can be revved remotely, up to 5000 rpm via the key fobs-7thgenfordmustang1.jpg

According to reports, the new Remote Rev feature will be available on models using the 5.0-litre V8 engine with an automatic transmission, as well as the 2.3-litre Ecoboost powered variants, which come fitted with Ford's Active Exhaust. Also, Ford has clarified that the feature can be used only after the engine has reached its optimal temperature, post a cold start.

Owers of the 2024 Mustang will need to press the unlock and lock buttons on the key fob sequentially within three seconds to activate Remote Rev. The engine will first rev to 2,000 rpm to indicate the feature is active. Owners then have to repeat the unlock & lock sequence for the second time, which will rev the engine three times up to 5,000 rpm.

The 5,000 rpm redline for the remote rev feature is pre-programmed to ensure the engine is kept safe. Post the three engine revs, the feature will go into standby mode, and customers can reactivate it by going through the same unlock & lock button press sequence on the key fob.

Source: Motor1

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 21st April 2023 at 14:28.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 14:57   #2
BHPian

re: 2024 Ford Mustang engine can be revved remotely, up to 5000 rpm via the key fobs

What problem exactly is supposed to be solved by this? As far as I understand, this feature is different from the one that cools the cabin by starting the engine to run AC compressor.
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 15:10   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2024 Ford Mustang engine can be revved remotely, up to 5000 rpm via the key fobs

But why? Is it done only because it can be done?
Old 21st April 2023, 16:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
But why? Is it done only because it can be done?
Bragging rights because it’s something new to offer owners who would like to hear and make people hear the rumble and revs, call it showing off if you will

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 21st April 2023 at 16:09.
Cyborg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 18:53   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2024 Ford Mustang engine can be revved remotely, up to 5000 rpm via the key fobs

A party trick, but a seriously dumb one that will be used just when the car is fresh & new. The novelty will fade off soon. When cold, you won't use it and these cars take a while to reach operating temps, so no enthusiast is going to idle it for several minutes, just to make it remotely rev to 5000 rpm.

The only time you'll really use it is at a get-together you drove to, to show your friends / family. But it will be cool to engage when you're returning to the car (say, from a restaurant) and there are people leaning on your Mustang, taking pictures etc.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 18:58   #6
BHPian

Re: 2024 Ford Mustang engine can be revved remotely, up to 5000 rpm via the key fobs

Rather they could have added the reverse and forward feature like the one using BMW keys. Nevertheless, would be cool for Yankees at the drag strips Lol

On a serious note, can anyone shed some light if there are any hopes for a newer model Mustang to launch in India?
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 20:22   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
What problem exactly is supposed to be solved by this?
As others pointed out: none whatsoever. But it is very very cool and I want it on my Alfa Spider and Jaguar!

On a slightly different note, good to see Ford still investing in the good old Mustang. It has had a few pretty horrible version. These days they are again proper muscle cars.

And, I did not think I would ever say this, but if I had to get myself an EV I would probably get the Electric Mustang too. Primarily because I will never ever buy something that has Musk grubby paws on it and also because as EVs go the E Mustang is in a class on its own. Nobody blinks an eye if you show up in a BMW or a Tesla. Irrespective of the model a done a dozen. Mustang, ICE or electrical are in a class of their own.
Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 21st April 2023 at 20:26.
Jeroen is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:30   #8
BHPian

In a world where car designs are going down the hill (looking at you, Verna), here we have a brilliantly styled car. I love how Ford has not diluted the Mustang formula by hybridising or electrifying it (Let's not bring the Mach E into the picture, it is not a Mustang in my eyes). Had Ford taken the revolutionary route for the design, it wouldn't have worked with loyalists. The front end, though, looks like an Innova HyCross IMO, especially the grill and the bumpers.

This feature is cool indeed, but pretty useless unless you want to show off (which you will if you own this car ).
Old 22nd April 2023, 22:46   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
What problem exactly is supposed to be solved by this? As far as I understand, this feature is different from the one that cools the cabin by starting the engine to run AC compressor.
Remote Rev is a gimmick which might be mostly used by the younger crowd. Whereas Remote Start which is present in several vehicles is a useful feature especially for people who live in extreme hot or cold conditions.
Old 22nd April 2023, 23:38   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Remote Rev is a gimmick which might be mostly used by the younger crowd..
Obviously, at 64 I feel very young at heart!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks