Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 20:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Tata's have N.M. Rothschild as their strategic partner in UK, he was instrumental in getting them Corus. As far as I know Rothschilds literally own UK and they can get anything done there. So basically if the Tata's desperately want Land Rover and Jaguar they might just have it.
Old 19th July 2007, 21:07   #32
BHPian

Recent updates in BBC suggests FORD has no plans of selling Volvo , which i thought would suit TATA's more .
Old 19th July 2007, 21:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Tata's can get hold the Jaguars V6 diesel engine range. As well as a few engineers who have designed world class luxury marques. Jaguar-Land Rover will fit in with Tata quite well if you ask me.
Old 19th July 2007, 21:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Although I have no respect for the Tata made vehicles in India, I know they can manage companies better than any one else. All the group's high profile foreign take overs are doing exceptionally well. Tetley is a case in point.
Old 19th July 2007, 22:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Wonder when they will get rid of the Mazda stake too.
Not likely, as most of their new model programes are done at Mazda's. Moreover Mazda appears to be one of the hottest brands in the Ford stable as they make some very exiting normal cars. PAG is the hassle Ford is better off selling, it actually adds no real value to Ford apart from having a brand portfolio to show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Although I have no respect for the Tata made vehicles in India
Loaded statement. However, Some have no respect for the other manufacturers that has been milking us for quite some now. I guess many on the forum actually have a lot of respect for the vehicles from Tata stable and wish their cars can one day reach levels where some other operators have reached with decades of headstart.

Last edited by 1100D : 19th July 2007 at 22:09.
Old 19th July 2007, 22:38   #36

i think TATA should now make a luxury brand of cars company, something similar to Toyota and Lexus, Honda and Acura.
Old 19th July 2007, 23:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmevishal2k4 View Post
i think TATA should now make a luxury brand of cars company, something similar to Toyota and Lexus, Honda and Acura.
Toyota/Honda went the Lexus/Acura way AFTER having their mother brands being able to challenge the bigger brands alone on quality. Tata is far from that level now, but will get there.
Old 20th July 2007, 03:10   #38
BHPian

.........while I think Land Rover will better suit to Mahindra's personality..........

I read Mahindra may not be able to afford it though.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

There is no doubt that tata can afford to buy jaguar,now the question really is does tata need to buy jaguar.

When tata bid for corus it was not just a shot in the dark,there were synergies with tata steel.Tata did make a calculation to see which would be cheaper going it out alone or an acquisition and the latter was a cheaper alternative even after the inflated price tag of corus.But here things are slightly different,Ford shall not allow any major restructuring by the new owner for both jaguar or landrover, that means cutting down costs would be next to impossible besides as pointed out by Mpower the engines would still have to come from Ford.

As far as Image building is concerned tata always have the fiat group tie up,their premium brands can also give a boost to the tata image yes maybe not as much as a jaguar but then risks are very much on the lower side.

Now the interesting bit is that if at all tata would bid it would be for jaguar and mahindra would do so for landrover but ford plans to bundle the two together so would we see a collaboration on that front from the two Indian rivals.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 20th July 2007 at 13:25.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:34   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I guess many on the forum actually have a lot of respect for the vehicles from Tata stable and wish their cars can one day reach levels where some other operators have reached with decades of headstart.
TATA cars, like those of every other manufacturer, have some shortcomings- in this case mainly quality, NVH and fit and finish. But they have other good qualities as well.

Although, at the current level, i wont be too enthusiastic about owning a TATA car, cant deny that they are improving fast.

May be some good foreign aquisations can help them 'improve' further, if not better the other players.
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hope they learn from Jaguar and Land Rover instead of the other way round.
Old 24th July 2007, 02:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

According to Autoblog.com these are the conditions Ford is putting down.

- The buyer has to buy Land Rover and Jaguar as a package.
- Production cannot be shifted out of Britain
- No Factory can be closed down
- No drastic changes

The deals worth around $8 billion

Ford fears add complexity to Jag and Land Rover bidding - Autoblog
Old 26th July 2007, 14:42   #43
BHPian

Tata Motors has bagged the bid for Land Rover and Jaguar

Tata Motors has bagged the bid for Land Rover and Jaguar.

Moneycontrol India :: News :: Tata Motors bags Jaguar, Land Rover deal: Srcs :: Tata Motors :: Business :: Tata Motors ,Land Rover ,Jaguar,Ford

Mods please change the title of the thread
Old 26th July 2007, 15:13   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Tata Motors has bagged the bid for Land Rover and Jaguar.

Moneycontrol India :: News :: Tata Motors bags Jaguar, Land Rover deal: Srcs :: Tata Motors :: Business :: Tata Motors ,Land Rover ,Jaguar,Ford

Mods please change the title of the thread
Nope, my financial news service does not report anything of the sort. They have merely qualified to do a due diligence and make a bid. Expect a consortium of Tata and an equity partner.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:44   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest reports suggest things are looking very good for the Tatas, some even giving reports that the deal is done, but nothing confirmed yet. Im keeping my fingers crossed from my end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks