Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one would you go for??
Audi 32 17.68%
BMW 94 51.93%
Mercedes Benz 38 20.99%
Lexus 17 9.39%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 16:09   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
= Don't think the S80 will come here for 45L.
No cos' people will go to BMW / Merc for that kind of money
Old 26th July 2007, 16:47   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

In uk illegal drug dealers have done a lot of harm to the BMW image!
Old 26th July 2007, 17:09   #63
BHPian

Audi. S8 please.

Except for the SLR ... which looks otherwordly.
Do McMercs count ?
Old 26th July 2007, 18:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
By all means, considering the reliability that Lexus offers in the luxo-barge segment. It has been added as a poll choice.
Had it been earlier, I would have chosen Lexus! It simply beats all others here in terms of reliability.

I wonder if we reach anywhere with this poll any more. I'm sure if Lexus was there initially it would have led the poll now
Old 26th July 2007, 21:23   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
I wonder if we reach anywhere with this poll any more. I'm sure if Lexus was there initially it would have led the poll now
Personally I don't think Lexus as a brand measures upto the other 3, especially since the other 3 are old-timers and have an aura around them.

Toyota/Lexus have an electrical appliance kind of appeal to them from the perception point of view (havn't driven either though). As in, they do their job, and do it well but they lack the X factor.

Might be reliable but no character at all IMHO.
Old 27th July 2007, 01:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
Personally I don't think Lexus as a brand measures upto the other 3, especially since the other 3 are old-timers and have an aura around them.

Toyota/Lexus have an electrical appliance kind of appeal to them from the perception point of view (havn't driven either though). As in, they do their job, and do it well but they lack the X factor.

Might be reliable but no character at all IMHO.
I agree with you. HOWEVER, Character is no good if your car gives you a whole lot of trouble after you shell out that extra money for it. Try owning any of those german cars (especially audi and merc) and you would know what i'm talking about.
Old 27th July 2007, 18:30   #67
SuperSyn

Lexus. Take the ES out of the picture, and, car to car, platform to platform, they are the very best things on wheels that money can buy.

Of course, money can't buy the intangibles like 'image' that comes with a particular brand, a trait particularly sought after by....a certain class of people.

Old 27th July 2007, 18:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Its BMW for me all the way, just love their cars. Especially the E60 M5 and E92 M3. Just love that car though many call them ugly.
Old 27th July 2007, 19:19   #69
sAP
BHPian

aus Deutschland

If you are putting Lexus up there in the list, you should probably also include Infinity and Acura, which completes the lineup of premium badges corresponding to Toyota, Nissan and Honda. But the German titans are a different category altogether.

sAP
Old 27th July 2007, 19:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

Infinity and Acura are just premium brands of Nissan and Honda, what makes Lexus in this list is that they have actually decided to take on the Germans on their playing feild. I was surprised to see, in Frankfurt airport recently, posters of Lexus cars only. I absolutely agree, take the ES out (which is a Camry) and then see the line-up. Infinity is more of a single model line up the skyline based G-series, thats all. Acura, the less spoken off the better.
Old 27th July 2007, 20:44   #71
BHPian

Mods could we please have a re-poll "PLEASSEEE" I'm so sure lexus will take this polll a whack. I definitely want my re-vote for Lexus.
Old 27th July 2007, 20:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

its the audi for me. the Audi Rs4.

The first 4 wheel drive machine. wild beast.

second : safety in nos. : mercs.

personally think that lexus is running out of breath in this race. i dont think lexus has anything to do here.

cheers.
Old 27th July 2007, 21:03   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

re-voting wont make any difference i think. the ranking is pretty much as expected. but didn't expect the BMW to lead by so much margin :-)
Old 27th July 2007, 21:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

For me it is Mercedes-Benz all the way. I like the E. The S class is wow, but I would not want to be seen in one. The E is just there - not too yuppie like the C and not too flashy like the S.

The BMW is a nice car IMHO, but I find the Audi too wannabe. Would pick the Lexus as my second choice.
Old 27th July 2007, 21:50   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
. but didn't expect the BMW to lead by so much margin :-)
However, if you see the posts from some notable and distinguished bhpians, you would notice that the poll actually reads wrong. Thats the problem with democracy anywhere, everybody's vote has the same weightage.

BMW is kind of a new fashion. Even today I had a colleague talking about seeing this BMW and going wow, asked him do you know what model it is and what does that particular model compete with, there was a blank. It is that sort of people who are voting for BMW. This sort of thing was common with Mercedes a few decades back in India.

Mercedes was a old favourite, so much, that there were too many in India, thats where the exclusivity factor came in and the "rich and famous" finally decided not to be seen in something that has become too common. Soon we will have BMW's everywhere.

What is unecessarily loosing out, because of mostly lack of knowledge is Audi. I have driven a quattro and I know that it can run rings around the people's favourite car.

Lexus, they are taking on the monsters in their own game and then building reliability and quality into it (at not-so-exhorbitant prices for everything). However without a BMW or a Merc, there wont be a Lexus.

Last edited by 1100D : 27th July 2007 at 21:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks