Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2005, 10:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought the discussion is about Supercars, where did the buggie(Ariel Atom) get in from?????
The buggie was taken into account, considering that it has all the things a supercar could or should have.

Shan2nu
Old 17th February 2005, 16:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I thought the discussion is about Supercars, where did the buggie(Ariel Atom) get in from?????
Well a buggie wont go from 0-100 in around 3-4 seconds.
Old 17th February 2005, 17:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well a buggie wont go from 0-100 in around 3-4 seconds.
Make that 2.9 secs. LOL

Shan2nu
Old 17th February 2005, 19:39   #79
Senior - BHPian

Oh!!!Thanx for clarification Stratos and Shan2nu...Its about the the num of secs a machine can zoom to 100 determines whether its super car or not eh!!!Oohhhh.....welllll, now I understand..... Then I can call it "THE BUGGIE OF THE SUPERCAR WORLD!!!!! or SIMPLY ""THE SUPERBUGGIE""

No offence brothers...

Last edited by The Wolf : 17th February 2005 at 19:41.
Old 17th February 2005, 21:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Oh!!!Thanx for clarification Stratos and Shan2nu...Its about the the num of secs a machine can zoom to 100 determines whether its super car or not eh!!!Oohhhh.....welllll, now I understand..... Then I can call it "THE BUGGIE OF THE SUPERCAR WORLD!!!!! or SIMPLY ""THE SUPERBUGGIE""

No offence brothers...
How can anyone call the Ariel Atom a buggie?????? Sorry, I dont see the buggie part of it lol!!

Its one of THE most focused sports cars in the world, and would embarass 99% of all cars on the road or track. Sadly, it is also one of the most compromised cars.

Last edited by islero : 17th February 2005 at 21:10.
Old 17th February 2005, 21:16   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Ofcourse it's a race bred design but, it's not a track car. It's a perfectly normal road car which you can resgister, use on a daily basis and take it to the track when ever possible.

Really? Then how come there are people who think the F50 (which is a supercar) is ugly?

I ain't saying the Atom is beautiful but, it's not unacceptable either. People are buying it. Some days ago there was news that an Atom was bought by a guy in Blore, now which part of Blore has a race track?

If i had 29 K pounds to spend on a car like that, i'd buy it. Race track or no race track, i need one off those.

Shan2nu

first of all i think "THE WOLF " has used the perfect word to decsribe the atom , lolz .

ok nwe comin back to you shantanu even the ugliest of cars get sold , that does not make them beautiful , does it ?
just for an example ( not obviously comparing it , i d be crazy to compare them if i ever did lolz ) but even the santro is one of the ugliest cars on indian roads which has been sellin like crazziee since its launch , but that does not make it good looking . so people buyin the atom also does not make the atom good lookin .

and abt the f50 it might just not be gud lookin but it is certainly acceptable whereas people might just find the atom acceptable in terms of looks but there are a few who might just find it an excuse for a car body !

manson .

Last edited by manson : 17th February 2005 at 21:18.
Old 17th February 2005, 21:30   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and abt the f50 it might just not be gud lookin but it is certainly acceptable whereas people might just find the atom acceptable in terms of looks
Acceptable in terms of looks? Boy, an atom isn't just about looks, it's got performance too. It's everything a supercar should be. If it's not, then there's no such thing as a supercar.

You say it doesn't look like a supercar, so tell me, what should a supercar look like?

Shan2nu
Old 17th February 2005, 21:36   #83
Senior - BHPian

u cant just call any car a supercar on looks alone...everyone has their own definitions of supercars.

Drifter
Old 17th February 2005, 22:04   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
u cant just call any car a supercar on looks alone...everyone has their own definitions of supercars.
Absolutely, a supercar can be any car you look upto. It's like an idol, each person has the right to choose his own.

While an aerodynamics expert might not even consider the Countach as a sports car(let alone supercar), somebody might consider it, the best thing ever made.

While some might think the F50 is an ugly duckling, there will be others who might see something else in that car.

Be it looks, performance, comfort or even fuel efficiency. Any car that excells in something can be called a supercar.

If you wanna judge a car on it's performance, you have the sports car segment, luxury cars - for comfort and interiors, family cars - if you're looking for practicality Hybrid cars - for fuel economy/cleaner emissions and exotic - for cars beyond your reach.

Shan2nu
Old 18th February 2005, 14:41   #85
Team-BHP Support

so shantanu u re tryin to say there is only one supercra for each category , so it could be that , our very own indica is a supercar when it comkes to chesp running , and it could be the a limo when it comes to space and bla bla bla and just coz the mclaren f1 gtr is faster than the other cars it is the only supercar in terms of speed , is that watt u mean shan ,

manson .
Old 18th February 2005, 14:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so shantanu u re tryin to say there is only one supercra for each category , so it could be that , our very own indica is a supercar when it comkes to chesp running , and it could be the a limo when it comes to space and bla bla bla and just coz the mclaren f1 gtr is faster than the other cars it is the only supercar in terms of speed , is that watt u mean shan ,
I said any car, which you think is good enuf to be a supercar. If you think the Indica is worthy enuf, then be it. Nobody is gonna question you.

I never said a supercar has to have performance, a supercar can be any car of your choice.

That's the very reason why we have so many supercars in this world. The word supercar is abstract, that's the reason why people can't define it.

You define the word supercar and you'll find that there a other cars which fall into that category but, you don't consider tham as supercars. That makes no sense.

Shan2nu
Old 18th February 2005, 15:08   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you think the Indica is worthy enuf, then be it. Nobody is gonna question you.
umm...I would question him!!
Old 18th February 2005, 15:17   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
umm...I would question him!!
So, according to you the Indica can't be called a supercar? So, what is a supercar? I don't want to see a cut n paste job, i what to know what according to you, is a supercar.

But remember, any car that satisfies your views should, can and will be considered a supercar (atleast on team-bhp - LOL). And it should be acceptable by all those members who claim, that they know what it takes to be called a supercar.

Can you guys do that? That'll make things a lot easier.

Rtech, Stratos, Wolf, Manson, V12 can be our "define a supercar" committee.

U guys come up with a set of criterias and we will agree.

All i want is to know what the word supercar means, and if it can infact be defined!!

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 18th February 2005 at 15:26.
Old 18th February 2005, 20:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

Ok, even though I am not officially part of Shantanu's supercar commitee, I couldnt resist being selfish and recommending my own Criteria:

A supercar, in the opinion of any induvidual, is one that:

1. Is the best or one of the best in an ability which is critical for a car of it's segment.
2. Is aesthetically or mechanically compatible to the mental outlook of the person.
3. Has a modicum of desirability more than other normal cars, for him or her.
4. Excels in certain aspects which a person PERSONALLY FEELS an ideal car should do well.

And the last point, which is debatable,
5. Is a bit out of reach for the person, whether financially or for other reasons.

I hope I have covered all the points. More suggestions??

Last edited by islero : 18th February 2005 at 20:24.
Old 18th February 2005, 21:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Is the best or one of the best in an ability which is critical for a car of it's segment.
2. Is aesthetically or mechanically compatible to the mental outlook of the person.
3. Has a modicum of desirability more than other normal cars, for him or her.
4. Excels in certain aspects which a person PERSONALLY FEELS an ideal car should do well.

And the last point, which is debatable,
5. Is a bit out of reach for the person, whether financially or for other reasons.
Ok Islero, keeping your points in mind, i'm gonna name 3 cars. You tell me which off those 3 cars can be considered a supercar and which cannot, and why?

Here goes
1. Mistu Evo 8 FQ 340/400
2. Ariel Atom
3. Honda Accord 2.2 i-ctdi

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks