Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 20:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Do you know about how many motorsport events Honda/Acura figures in ? Way more than Miata.
Do you know how many Honda/Acura cars are sold each year? The Civic alone is about 170,000 cars a year in the US whereas the Miata is about 10,000 units a year.

So on that basis I'd say the sales-to-motorsport-usage ratio is WAY WAY more for Honda. And yet, across numerous SCCA solo events around the country, Miata are beating Honda times left, right and center.

Quote:
With a slip differential they can handle well (not on the RWD league but very close) upto 300 bhp.
Instead of making an arbitrary & largely unverified statement like this, why dont you post times of Honda Civics or whatever FWD car around a racetrack?
Old 9th August 2007, 01:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Someone get the GTO into Canada. Pleaseeeeeeee.
dude i'm just across the border - in detroit i'll drive one there ! what say?
Old 9th August 2007, 01:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know about how many motorsport events Honda/Acura figures in ? Way more than Miata.
I don't buy this at all. The miata or Mx-5 has a race series after it - SCCA Pro Racing SIRIUS Satellite Radio Mazda MX-5 Cup
MX-5 cup if you've heard of it. There's club-spec racing as well which involves ONLY miatas. Spec Miata : The Official Spec Miata Website
Moreover the private entry race participants have miata's as their favorite they're really able cars reasons for which would be its affordable and "RWD".

Quote:
With a slip differential they can handle well (not on the RWD league but very close) upto 300 bhp.
Well with all those expensive race parts definitely. But if you had that big an engine as in the raced Acuras and all that money in expensive parts for a miata it would definitely out run the FWD's around a track.

Last edited by highwayblaze : 9th August 2007 at 01:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks