Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 20:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

This is good news, but it will be better still, if they had an Accent level car being RWD and market it in India. Looks dont matter, even if it means the old AE86 bodyshell.

Infact I am liking the boxy haichi-roku more than the modern interpretation! (very unpretentious)
Old 7th August 2007, 00:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
There was some news about Kia & Hyundai looking to set a base with their coupe versions. The 2007 Tiburon GT looked pretty aggressive. I like it much more than the 2007 Eclipse. The Eclipse seemed way to feminine,while the Tiburon looked macho & meant business.

Waiting to see if there's something really impressive from the Hyundai/Kia stable..
I like the Tiburon's looks definitely. The current tiburon that is. Unfortunately the V6 engine also manages a measly 172bhp which is a waste I think for a heavy front end FWD.
I'm glad the RWD is coming in ! Tuners must be waiting to get their hands on this thing I tell ya
Old 7th August 2007, 00:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
I like the Tiburon's looks definitely. The current tiburon that is. Unfortunately the V6 engine also manages a measly 172bhp which is a waste I think for a heavy front end FWD.
I'm glad the RWD is coming in ! Tuners must be waiting to get their hands on this thing I tell ya
are we talking regarding the new Hyundai Coupe SIII, if fo i love it as well!
http://www.hyundai.co.uk//a/swf/tvAds/fluid.swf
new video of the S3
Old 7th August 2007, 02:03   #19
BHPian

DC Design will come with the first real rWd Indian sportscar , that will be something different , i am waiting that one
Old 7th August 2007, 22:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

I just hope the Tib stays in the same price range. They are talking about a V8 and stuff, what I really need is a BMW 120i coupe for $20K
Old 8th August 2007, 00:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I just hope the Tib stays in the same price range. They are talking about a V8 and stuff, what I really need is a BMW 120i coupe for $20K
When the VW GTi which is a 2.0 @ 26K USD after bargaining with the stupid dealers... you think they'll price the 120i at that much? I mean you speculating or did some 'birdie' tell you.
Old 8th August 2007, 00:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

I really don't think any vehicle from the BMW stable would end up in the $15-20K range. Would be too good to be true..
The VWGti has a prettu good engine,and at 200bhp it is really peppy.
The only thing I liked in the 2007 Tiburon was the gear shifts.The 6-speed manualy tranny did pack some punch,but not enough to make it feel like a sports car.

There were a bunch of guys here in Houston who worked on the 2007 Tiburon,and they were actually able to crank the power up to 340bhp! Other standard modifications to the body and the car was able to handle it pretty well. Will try to find out more about stuff under the hood,and where the vehicle is now. I dont remember much about it,since it was over a year ago.
Old 8th August 2007, 00:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I really don't think any vehicle from the BMW stable would end up in the $15-20K range. Would be too good to be true..
The VWGti has a prettu good engine,and at 200bhp it is really peppy.
The only thing I liked in the 2007 Tiburon was the gear shifts.The 6-speed manualy tranny did pack some punch,but not enough to make it feel like a sports car.

There were a bunch of guys here in Houston who worked on the 2007 Tiburon,and they were actually able to crank the power up to 340bhp! Other standard modifications to the body and the car was able to handle it pretty well. Will try to find out more about stuff under the hood,and where the vehicle is now. I dont remember much about it,since it was over a year ago.
dude a front wheel drive with 340bhp. imagine the torque steer!?! I feel the torque steer on my VW which has a measly 180bhp V6. Anyway as far as the vw goes its seriously overpriced. nice but not worth that much. i'd shell out that money for Pontiac GTO which has 400BHP.
Old 8th August 2007, 00:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude a front wheel drive with 340bhp. imagine the torque steer!?! I feel the torque steer on my VW which has a measly 180bhp V6. Anyway as far as the vw goes its seriously overpriced. nice but not worth that much. i'd shell out that money for Pontiac GTO which has 400BHP.

Thats exactly what I wanted to find out.Wonder what all those guys did the car,to make it run smoothly.

I'm not a big fan of VWs myself, so $25k or higher for a GTi doesn't seem worth it. A better 2 door car,more sportier & with more power for the same money- Thats where I'd go.
Old 8th August 2007, 01:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With equal length shafts I dont think that is an issue. Likewise for the eclipse.
Old 8th August 2007, 03:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

But the issue is NOT having equal length shafts. Most FWD cars with huge power will torque steer.

Some wise-man once said "A Rose is a rose, is a rose".

In the same way, a FWD is a FWD. No matter what you do you cant change the laws of physics. A RWD is going to be faster no matter what you do. Why do you think the Miata is the car of choice for any kind of grassroots-level motorsport event?
Old 8th August 2007, 08:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Someone get the GTO into Canada. Pleaseeeeeeee.
Old 8th August 2007, 09:45   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The 1 series would fall in that price band?
Old 8th August 2007, 11:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The 1 series would fall in that price band?
Don't think so since it's priced from around 15k to 25k GBP. According to C&D the price band would be from $25 (128i) to $35k (135i).

Last edited by iraghava : 8th August 2007 at 11:22.
Old 8th August 2007, 11:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
But the issue is NOT having equal length shafts. Most FWD cars with huge power will torque steer.

Some wise-man once said "A Rose is a rose, is a rose".

In the same way, a FWD is a FWD. No matter what you do you cant change the laws of physics. A RWD is going to be faster no matter what you do. Why do you think the Miata is the car of choice for any kind of grassroots-level motorsport event?
Do you know about how many motorsport events Honda/Acura figures in ? Way more than Miata. With a slip differential they can handle well (not on the RWD league but very close) upto 300 bhp.

Most Viewed