Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Mercedes Dies-otto 1.8L Turbo - 285bhp / 295Nm !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/27381-mercedes-dies-otto-1-8l-turbo-285bhp-295nm.html)

highwayblaze 9th August 2007 23:22

Mercedes Dies-otto 1.8L Turbo - 285bhp / 295Nm !!!
 
Just look at those figures.
1.8Litre Turbocharged engine
-> 285bhp
-> 295Nm
(not so great!?? ) well then ... all this with a FANTASTIC fuel economy of
39 Miles per Gallon = 17kmpl~ in a car the size of an S-Class.

Guys this is Mercedes' new Dies-Otto engine which carries the benefits of a Diesel Engine over to an Unleaded Gasoline engine. It features
Direct Gasoline Injection, Turbocharging and Variable Compression.

Mercedes will showcase this technology in their new F700 concept luxury sedan at the Frankfurt motor show next. Here's the Link I googled for more info on this engine technology. I could'nt find anything on the Mercedes website though.

I really hope Mercedes bring this technology into the market "SOON". It is torture to see such good performance left to protoype's or research labs or concept vehicles and nothing more.

All your thoughts please :)

khanak 9th August 2007 23:27

Another first by Mercedes -

speedy 9th August 2007 23:51

i am amazed. a 1.8 litre turbocharged engine can give 17kmpl in an s class are you serious. hope they put it in them mercedes sold here. it would wipe out the compitition for sure. benifiets of diesel in a petrol engine.:Cheering:

highwayblaze 10th August 2007 00:13

Seriously imagine putting that small engine in a smaller car like a Swift for instance. Hahahaaaaa I feel evil inside me I tell ya. I'll be able to rip the front suspension off the swift with all that power and torque. Or maybe put that engine in nice small light rear wheel drive ! :)

speedy 10th August 2007 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwayblaze (Post 527667)
Seriously imagine putting that small engine in a smaller car like a Swift for instance. Hahahaaaaa I feel evil inside me I tell ya. I'll be able to rip the front suspension off the swift with all that power and torque. Or maybe put that engine in nice small light rear wheel drive ! :)

agree: it would rage havoc for the car and the streets;). you would be flying low then.

Nitin 10th August 2007 00:36

Now thats going to change a lot of things!
238bhp, and 40mpg !! Boy-o-boy! :Cheering:

1100D 10th August 2007 00:40

Gasolene Direct Injection has been hapenning for quite some time. Fiat markets this as JTS (Jet thrust stoichiometric) in Alfa romeos. However the Power output of this Mercedes application is staggering.

highwayblaze 10th August 2007 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 527691)
Gasolene Direct Injection has been hapenning for quite some time. Fiat markets this as JTS (Jet thrust stoichiometric) in Alfa romeos. However the Power output of this Mercedes application is staggering.

Oh yea i agree. How about variable compression though?

1100D 10th August 2007 00:48

Acheived thru? Valve timing? I guess they were using solenoid actuated valve operation right? Which makes it independent of any cam profiles etc and now can be opened and closed at any angle.

highwayblaze 10th August 2007 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 527704)
Acheived thru? Valve timing? I guess they were using solenoid actuated valve operation right? Which makes it independent of any cam profiles etc and now can be opened and closed at any angle.

Oh neat. Since you brought it up that was my controls project in Masters Degree Program

speedy 10th August 2007 01:02

highwayblaze you stole my line with modifications.lol: it suits you though. when do these engines roll out any idea. i have to start looking for a car to fit the engine in.;)

highwayblaze 10th August 2007 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 527723)
highwayblaze you stole my line with modifications.lol: it suits you though. when do these engines roll out any idea. i have to start looking for a car to fit the engine in.;)

Dude I have no idea. I hope the magazines and journo's write a lot about this engine that way the company will be pressurized in bringing this engine in to production (if they're not planning to, that is). Well whatever it is I hope its soon. Don't want the excitement to fizzle out when bunch of other car makers have a competing technology for this one. Am I right?

highwayblaze 10th August 2007 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 527723)
highwayblaze you stole my line with modifications.lol: it suits you though. when do these engines roll out any idea. i have to start looking for a car to fit the engine in.;)

By the way which line? Compression ratio or project?

speedy 10th August 2007 01:22

"I Don't Ride Faastt Bay-Beh. I FLAAA LOWW!!" these lines lol:

i so wish too otherwise you would have another company claiming to be the first to bring in the technology. it would make one hell of a difference in the car industry.

highwayblaze 10th August 2007 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 527747)
"I Don't Ride Faastt Bay-Beh. I FLAAA LOWW!!" these lines lol:

i so wish too otherwise you would have another company claiming to be the first to bring in the technology. it would make one hell of a difference in the car industry.

Dude actually its been my line for a while and since u said "now you can fly low" i thought why not put my ORKUT signature here as well. I had once said it in a response to this chick who would'nt believe how fast i rode my Gixxer. I got pissed and out came this line :)


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:11.