Team-BHP - International Car of the Year 2007
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   International Car of the Year 2007 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/27513-international-car-year-2007-a.html)

I am posting here the various car awards given by reputed and well respected organisations only.

According to Wikipedia, Motortrend magazine was the first to give a car of the year award, doing so to a Chrysler in 1949. Its Car of the year awards are 2007: Camry; 2006: Civic.

The International Car of the Year (ICOTY) awards are annual awards presented by Road & Travel Magazine. Awards are given under ten different categories to new vehicles manufactured internationally and available on the American market. The awards ceremony is attended by 600 industry leaders and media on the evening before Press Days at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). The awards have been presented annually since 1997. The winners for 2007 are:

Car of the Year: Lexus LS 460
ICOTY award trophy.
ICOTY award trophy.
Truck of the Year: Chevrolet Silverado
SUV of the Year: GMC Yukon
Sedan of the Year: Toyota Camry
Luxury Car: Lexus LS 460
Most Respected: Lexus LS 460
Pickup Truck of the Year: Chevrolet Silverado
Crossover: Mazda CX-7
Sports car of the Year: Jaguar XK
Minivan of the Year: Hyundai Entourage
Entry-level: Mazdaspeed 3

The World Car of the Year (WCOTY) is an automobile award selected by a jury of 48 international automotive journalists from 22 countries. The winner for 2007 is Lexus LS 460. For 2006: BMW 3 series.

The International Engine of the Year 2007 winners are:

Best New Engine of 2007: BMW 3-litre Twin-Turbo (335i)
Best Fuel Economy: Toyota 1.5-litre Hybrid Synergy Drive (Prius)
Best Performance Engine: BMW 5-litre V10 (M5, M6)
Sub 1-litre: Toyota 1-litre (Aygo, Yaris, Peugeot 107, Citroën C1)
1-litre to 1.4-litre: Volkswagen 1.4-litre TSI Twincharger (Golf, Touran, Jetta)
1.4-litre to 1.8-litre: BMW-PSA 1.6-litre Turbo (MINI, Peugeot 207)
1.8-litre to 2-litre: Volkswagen 2-litre Turbo (Golf, Audi A3, A6, SEAT Leon, Skoda Octavia)
2-litre to 2.5-litre: BMW 2.5-litre (325, 525, X3, Z4)
2.5-litre to 3-litre: BMW 3-litre Twin-Turbo (335i)
3-litre to 4-litre: Porsche 3.6-litre Turbo (911)
Above 4-litre: BMW 5-litre V10 (M5, M6)

Surprisingly no Merc. in the list

Go Chevy go!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujaylahiri (Post 531244)
Go Chevy go!! :)

Huh? Where are the Chevys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananthkamath (Post 531411)

In the SUV of the year. Above the engine awards he's listed others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananthkamath (Post 531411)

Quote:

Just like the American teams that always win the 'Baseball World Championship', the american trucks won Truck of year awards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayavi (Post 531562)
Just like the American teams that always win the 'Baseball World Championship', the american trucks won Truck of year awards.

Good one dude but not just that. You forgot NASCAR WORLDD CHAMPIONNNN! OH Give me a break i tell them. :)

Oh I'm sorry. I thought "car" meant "car". Not "SUV".

And BTW, here's something for NASCAR "fans":

NASCAR Coach Reveals Winning Strategy: 'Drive Fast' | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

LOL LOL!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananthkamath (Post 531610)
Oh I'm sorry. I thought "car" meant "car". Not "SUV".

And BTW, here's something for NASCAR "fans":

NASCAR Coach Reveals Winning Strategy: 'Drive Fast' | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

LOL LOL!!

OH MY GOOD NESS THAT WAS HILARIOUS. MAN YOU HAVE GOTTA PUT THIS ON THE OFFICIAL JOKE THREAD.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sorry mods!
By the way here's a little question for all the Nascar + Muscle car fans out there.
Which Car is used as a Safety Car for Nascar?!?

You're going to be surprised! ITS THE GOOD OL' TOYOTA CAMRY. Hahaha! Its not a joke i'm serious. You'll see this pepped up camry on the track. Probably the size and contours/profile of the car is closest to Nascars

The Engine awards seem to be a BMW washout!! (Thats probably because they change engines for each category quite often)

No Honda anywhere????

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 531643)
The Engine awards seem to be a BMW washout!! (Thats probably because they change engines for each category quite often)

Well they've doing the washout for quite a few years now, so no surprise there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasudeva (Post 530995)
I am posting here the various car awards given by reputed and well respected organisations only.

According to Wikipedia, Motortrend magazine was the first to give a car of the year award, doing so to a Chrysler in 1949. Its Car of the year awards are 2007: Camry; 2006: Civic.

The International Car of the Year (ICOTY) awards are annual awards presented by Road & Travel Magazine. Awards are given under ten different categories to new vehicles manufactured internationally and available on the American market. The awards ceremony is attended by 600 industry leaders and media on the evening before Press Days at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). The awards have been presented annually since 1997. The winners for 2007 are:

Car of the Year: Lexus LS 460
ICOTY award trophy.
ICOTY award trophy.
Sedan of the Year: Toyota Camry
Luxury Car: Lexus LS 460
Most Respected: Lexus LS 460
Crossover: Mazda CX-7
Sports car of the Year: Jaguar XK
Minivan of the Year: Hyundai Entourage
Entry-level: Mazdaspeed 3

The World Car of the Year (WCOTY) is an automobile award selected by a jury of 48 international automotive journalists from 22 countries. The winner for 2007 is Lexus LS 460. For 2006: BMW 3 series.

The International Engine of the Year 2007 winners are:

Best New Engine of 2007: BMW 3-litre Twin-Turbo (335i)
Best Fuel Economy: Toyota 1.5-litre Hybrid Synergy Drive (Prius)
Best Performance Engine: BMW 5-litre V10 (M5, M6)
Sub 1-litre: Toyota 1-litre (Aygo, Yaris, Peugeot 107, Citroën C1)
1-litre to 1.4-litre: Volkswagen 1.4-litre TSI Twincharger (Golf, Touran, Jetta)
1.4-litre to 1.8-litre: BMW-PSA 1.6-litre Turbo (MINI, Peugeot 207)
1.8-litre to 2-litre: Volkswagen 2-litre Turbo (Golf, Audi A3, A6, SEAT Leon, Skoda Octavia)
2-litre to 2.5-litre: BMW 2.5-litre (325, 525, X3, Z4)
2.5-litre to 3-litre: BMW 3-litre Twin-Turbo (335i)
3-litre to 4-litre: Porsche 3.6-litre Turbo (911)
Above 4-litre: BMW 5-litre V10 (M5, M6)

Nice to see the 3.6L twin turbo with VGTs winning in the 3-4 litre category!

After all it does grace one of the best sports cars ever made........
;)

the LS 460L is one hell of a car, rightly deserved the award IMHO.
p.s its not sports car though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayavi (Post 531562)

Don't forget the Toyota Hilux and other Japanese trucks. Top Gear anyone? Even Nissan has some pretty good ones in the market. Also in the SUV category, where are the X5's and Range Rovers and Japanese ones? That's right, Chevy beat them all.