Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:19   #1
BANNED

He has no time to claim his seized car!!!

I guess the headline says it all:-
Tycoon abandons £80k Maserati in London car pound | The Register

This guy's Maserati was impounded by officials in London, and he says he does not have the time to claim it back!!! And, to add insult to the officials' "injury" he claims that the Pound-Sterling 25 he has to pay for demmurage (for each day) is actually cheaper than a normal parking facility in London!!!

(And, oh, this is my first thread, and I hope I have posted it in the correct forum; mods, please move it to the appropriate place if you disagree)
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

It reminds me of the story where a rich guy takes 1000$ loan from a bank and gives his ferrari as security.
After few days and few dollars interest he takes his car back.
The reason : Securest parking for a few days for a few dollars
Old 22nd August 2007, 23:13   #3
BHPian

Its a Maseratti Coupe Cambiocorsa! No wonder the guy doesn't want to reclaim his car. It looks nothing like a $100,000 dollar car from behind. I saw one on the freeway sometime back and mistook it to a Honda Prelude looking at the tail lights.
Old 23rd August 2007, 00:35   #4
BHPian

Yeah it does'nt have a supercar's 'rear', but still its a Maserati. Its a freakin Maserati!! And the thing about him not having time to claim it back is absolute heights!!
Old 23rd August 2007, 19:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It reminds me of the story where a rich guy takes 1000$ loan from a bank and gives his ferrari as security.
After few days and few dollars interest he takes his car back.
The reason : Securest parking for a few days for a few dollars
the first thing that came to my mind was this same story that i had heard. how could someone do this to such a marque
if the guy is a millionair a few pound wont make a difference for a parking spot in london. even though the mazeratti does not have any appeal it still comes in the very expensive category. anyways the car is getting some rest. if the guy is not interested in the car i deffinately am. guys does anyone know how to contact him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks