Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 01:17   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,391
Thanked: 4,005 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Some more images I took that day:



Doesn't look that good from the back, but WHO CARES??
What is that pipe going into the rear windscreen?
1100D is offline  
Old 28th August 2007, 01:27   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,033
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
What is that pipe going into the rear windscreen?
Considering the location of the Fuel Filler Cap, I would say it's the fuel line but I could be completely wrong about it.
iraghava is offline  
Old 29th August 2007, 04:23   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 995 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Considering the location of the Fuel Filler Cap, I would say it's the fuel line but I could be completely wrong about it.
i doubt it is a fuel line as it comes from the right side around the windscreen and into the cockpit. it would take hell lot of preasure to suck in the fuel. man this pipe has got me thinking. maybe it is an air pipe dont know sucks out fumes from the cockpit area some touring cars used to have it with a small exhaust fan in the dicky area open to the ground. this is when the air scoops on the roof were not thought of. this logic comes from a model i had of the bmw 3.0 cls where you can open the bonnet, doors and dicky made to replicate the original car and some pictures i had seen of touring cars.
speedy is offline  
Old 29th August 2007, 21:11   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,391
Thanked: 4,005 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i doubt it is a fuel line as it comes from the right side around the windscreen and into the cockpit. it would take hell lot of preasure to suck in the fuel. man this pipe has got me thinking. maybe it is an air pipe dont know sucks out fumes from the cockpit area some touring cars used to have it with a small exhaust fan in the dicky area open to the ground. this is when the air scoops on the roof were not thought of. this logic comes from a model i had of the bmw 3.0 cls where you can open the bonnet, doors and dicky made to replicate the original car and some pictures i had seen of touring cars.
wouldn't an airpipe be fatter in Dia? It looks like something else.
1100D is offline  
Old 30th August 2007, 03:15   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 995 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
wouldn't an airpipe be fatter in Dia? It looks like something else.
on closer inspection you would notice that the pipe comes from inside and stops short of the dicky. it is not going into it or even touching the body. the fuel filler comes to its left.
this pipe is getting trickier then we thought.
speedy is offline  
Old 8th October 2007, 14:40   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 4,317
Thanked: 2,071 Times
Default

Jay Leno procured a Honda s 600 and thinks its one of his top five favourites.
srishiva is offline  
Old 11th October 2007, 02:52   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 1,209
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

I've heard that the early cars are good fun to drive because of their IRS and chain drive. Later cars had a conventional live axle.
ananthkamath is offline  
Old 11th October 2007, 03:04   #38
BHPian
 
nitroxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DXB
Posts: 817
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

the beat is a fun car to drive.
Max. output: 63.8 PS (63 bhp) (46.9 kW) @ 8100 rpm
Max. torque: 60 Nm (44.2 lbft) (6.1 kgm) @ 7000 rpm
Performance
0-100km/h: 13.4 s
Quarter mile: 18.7 s
Top speed: 134km/h
And being a mid engined rear wheel drive car its even more fun! Well if you GTO money then S2000 it is!

Last edited by nitroxx : 11th October 2007 at 03:09.
nitroxx is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks