Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2024, 17:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Elon Musk could leave Tesla if his $56 billion compensation package isn't approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
But surprisingly, the manner in which he wishes to motivate himself is quite ordinarily petty (monetary motivation).

What about his motivation to change the world, improve mankind and other lofty goals worthy of constant front page coverage by the media?

Looks like he hasn't progressed up on the Maslow's hierarchy and still stuck on the bottom layer
While I'm not a big fan of his, I very much doubt he is doing this for basal monetary purposes. If you recall, he put all his earnings from PayPal into SpaceX. He doesn't need spending money - he owns enough liquid stock to take out tax-free loans instead of income, which is what most large company owners do in the US. My guess would be that he uses this awarded stock as collateral to buy out X/Twitter investors, or put more capital in AI. Even a $ 10 bn allocation to Grok will basically wipe out OpenAI, Gemini, etc. in terms of a level playing field.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 17:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Elon Musk could leave Tesla if his $56 billion compensation package isn't approved

See the blurred side of Elon Musk - Elon Musk’s boundary-blurring relationships with women at SpaceX.

Link:
Old 14th June 2024, 16:51   #33
BHPian

Elon Musk wins Tesla shareholder's approval for $56 billion payout.

Link
Attached Thumbnails
Elon Musk could leave Tesla if his  billion compensation package isn't approved-8bff66670a1a4375a0e209226575c056.jpeg  

Most Viewed