Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 23:50   #1
BHPian

Ferrari Dino' VIDEO (and sound) !!!

Ferrari's working it its entry level Ferrari Dino. Here's a video I found of it.
Sounds like a Mellowed down V8 Ferrari.

By the way the car wears the body of its bigger family member the 599 i think for disguse.
What you guys think?
Old 6th September 2007, 02:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

highway here are the pictures of the ferrari 420 dino and the 420 dino spyder.

Old 6th September 2007, 02:26   #3
BHPian

Looks pretty close to the original Dino ...no?!

I like how "some" companies keep the design cues even in modern looking vehicles.
Old 6th September 2007, 02:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
highway here are the pictures of the ferrari 420 dino and the 420 dino spyder.

Gives it an Audi R8'ish stance. Obviously the badge is nowhere close but then performance of the two should be pretty close. Btw Lambo's coming out with a V8 Gallardo which kinda' sucks!
Old 6th September 2007, 02:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

yes i agree. like the old look blended into the new. the front grill looks alot like the 599gtb. take the old dino and fill air into it thats how the 420 looks. a more solid and sturdier dino.
the R8 is more sleek does not have the round wheel arches and is longer than the dino 420. the performance of the dino i feel would be better as it comes from a stable that believes in power (loyalties stand with ferrari). the lamborghini has already placed it in their line up, i think its called the Gallardo Superleggera if i am not mistaken.
for your comparission the audi R8 and the 420 dino.

Old 6th September 2007, 04:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Damn the C pillar and the rear fender are a photocopy of the Cayman.

From the sound it looks like a 90 deg crank (Maserati) and not a flat plane crank (Modena).

Last edited by Mpower : 6th September 2007 at 04:32.
Old 6th September 2007, 11:13   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Damn the C pillar and the rear fender are a photocopy of the Cayman.
MPower,

Thats an "artists impression", which nowadays usually means "photoshop composite of a bunch of cars".

The car didnt seem too happy in the video...both when puttering around town and on the track.

cya
R
Old 6th September 2007, 12:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well seeing at the rate with which Ferrari is getting it's road cars spot on these days, I wouldn't bet against it. But, the impression looks a little mish-mash (it's supposed to!) so will wait for the official reveal before comment on the looks.
Old 6th September 2007, 20:04   #9
BHPian

Btw speedy when I meant it was wearing 599 body. thats what they have done to disguise it or delude people from figuring out what it is. If u see the spy fotos or even the video the body is much larger than the car itself. its actually a 599 body just for onroad testing.

@ mpower -: thats what I was thinking. It surely looks straight out of a Cayman. Its starting to get disappointing now. Not only does it not sound like a ferrari it looks similar to other cheaper cars.
Old 6th September 2007, 20:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
the performance of the dino i feel would be better as it comes from a stable that believes in power (loyalties stand with ferrari). the lamborghini has already placed it in their line up, i think its called the Gallardo Superleggera if i am not mistaken.
Dude the supperleggera is pitted against the Ferrari F430 Scuderia. Ofcourse the Scuderia was launched later but Lambo's idea was to pit against the Challenge Stradale. So that V8 lambo that i was talking about isnt out yet but there's spy shots of a low power sounding lambo online on autoblog.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Btw speedy when I meant it was wearing 599 body. thats what they have done to disguise it or delude people from figuring out what it is. If u see the spy fotos or even the video the body is much larger than the car itself. its actually a 599 body just for onroad testing.

@ mpower -: thats what I was thinking. It surely looks straight out of a Cayman. Its starting to get disappointing now. Not only does it not sound like a ferrari it looks similar to other cheaper cars.
when i said grill of the 599 i was talking about the picture i posted of the 420 dino and not of the video you posted. i know that was the body of a 599 for testing purposes.
it does have a strong resemblance to the cayman with more rounded fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Dude the supperleggera is pitted against the Ferrari F430 Scuderia. Ofcourse the Scuderia was launched later but Lambo's idea was to pit against the Challenge Stradale. So that V8 lambo that i was talking about isnt out yet but there's spy shots of a low power sounding lambo online on autoblog.
thank you for the information. i thought it was the superleggera but now i know.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th September 2007 at 00:14.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't Fiat supposed to resurrect the Dino as a successor to the Barchetta? Surprising that Ferrari is going into this entry level route. Dino was a separate brand itself. Very confusing. Moreover isn't the Alfa 8C competizione already there!

Seems that the Fiat management feels that there will be more buyers for a Ferrari Dino rather than a Fiat Dino.
Old 7th September 2007, 00:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Moreover isn't the Alfa 8C competizione already there!
Seems that the Fiat management feels that there will be more buyers for a Ferrari Dino rather than a Fiat Dino.
Very interesting point since you mentioned I realised that the car in the picture looks rather close to the Alfa 8C Competizione. Isn't that one a little more powerful though?
Old 7th September 2007, 17:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

1100d as far as i remember the dino always belonged to the ferrari stable and not an idividual seperate brand. from childhood i have always heard it being called the ferrari dino and not fiat dino. so wonder why fiat would call it the fiat dino now.
the ferrari 420 dino does not have a resemblance to the Alfa 8C competizione. the alfa is still a concept as far as my knowledge goes. they are distinctively different.
for comparrision both cars.
first the front.

now the rear

Old 7th September 2007, 19:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
1100d as far as i remember the dino always belonged to the ferrari stable and not an idividual seperate brand. from childhood i have always heard it being called the ferrari dino and not fiat dino.
I agree. It was always the Ferrari Dino

Quote:
the alfa is still a concept as far as my knowledge goes.
Speedy the Alfa is not a concept. Its been under testing for a while if you search around a bit on the web you'll see spy shots and test videos on the Nurburgring. I'll post a few for reference. The pricing has also been disclosed and its a whopper for an alfa

Most Viewed