Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 03:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dacia introduces New 85hp 1.5 dCi motor for Logan.

Dacia has introduced a new 85hp 1.5 dCi motor for the Logan. Have asked Mahindra Renault about any news of this engine and the 100 bhp 1.6 coming to India. Will keep you guys posted..

**Developing peak power of 85hp at 3,750rpm, it uses – like the 70hp version – a second generation commonrail direct injection system.

**The Logan 1.5 dCi 85 can accelerate from standstill to 100kph in just 13 seconds (a gain of 2 seconds compared to the 70hp version).

**Logan 1.5 dCi 85 consumes a mere 4.6 litres of fuel per 100 kilometres in combined cycles.

**It is combined with a 5-speed JR5 manual gearbox with a shorter gear ratio, adapted to its greater power, which fully exploits the 200 Nm of torque.
Old 11th September 2007, 09:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Okay Dacia has introduced it outside of india, I dont think mahindra will change their assembly lines so soon, it will take time to come to us.

The fuel efficiency is also impressive.
Old 11th September 2007, 11:36   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
**The Logan 1.5 dCi 85 can accelerate from standstill to 100kph in just 13 seconds (a gain of 2 seconds compared to the 70hp version).
The Indian Logan diesel is with 65 horses; thats a whopping 20 BHP jump! The engine is already well-suited for its purpose....additional power is more than welcome.

Just hope they dont increase the price!
Old 12th September 2007, 03:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

mahindra renault did say that they will offer the 1.6 100 bhp in the near future. let's hope they include this engine in their plan as well.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Indian Logan diesel is with 65 horses; thats a whopping 20 BHP jump! The engine is already well-suited for its purpose....additional power is more than welcome.

Just hope they dont increase the price!
Nothing in the world comes free. Mahindra will definitely pass on the additional cost of the new engine to customers. It will depend on how much would they pass on. Wouldn't a person spend 30K for a Pete's box to get an additional 10-15 HP. I think the price increase would be in the same range. Also I feel this new engine will go on higher variants of Logan where price sensitivity would be lower. base variant will still come with the current engine.
Old 12th September 2007, 12:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ok. If this makes it to India, perhaps Mahindra can justify its price-tag. And maybe, just MAYBE, Ford has something to worry about.

I do not see why the costs should go up unnecessarily. As it is, the DCi is in the Accent Crdi category. I do not suppose the costs would be increased, as the current range of powertrains are imported as full units anyways. For all you know, the power gains could be due to ECM & fuel pressure tweaks from Renault, without affecting the engine schematics.

Besides, Pete's is an aftermarket unit, hence the additional costs. The costs could be written off when we're talking tuning for mass-production engines, since they're factory-tuned.

Last edited by veyron1 : 12th September 2007 at 12:33.
Old 12th September 2007, 13:26   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think this engine will make it to India, especially on any current Logan platform. MR have it good as it is with pent-up demand for their diesel Logan.
Old 12th September 2007, 18:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I dont think this engine will make it to India, especially on any current Logan platform. MR have it good as it is with pent-up demand for their diesel Logan.
This could change with the introduction of the Tata Indigo replacement next year. Best to bring in the updated Dacia diesel with the next round of cosmetic changes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks