Team-BHP - The Most Ugliest SUV.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   The Most Ugliest SUV. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/296-most-ugliest-suv.html)

Hey guys,
What do u think abt the Pontiac Aztek?? I feel its the MOST UGLIEST SUV in the whole world.

Type 3.4-liter 3400 V6
4-spd auto

Front-Wheel Drive
Standard
Standard

Versatrak All-Wheel Drive
Standard
Standard

Engine
Type:
3.4-liter 3400 (LA1) OHV V6

Displacement (cu in / cc):
204 / 3350

Bore & stroke (in / mm):
3.62 x 3.31 / 92 x 84

Cylinder head and block:
cast iron block, cast aluminum heads

Valvetrain:
overhead valve: assembled steel camshaft, roller-type hydraulic lifters, pushrods, roller rocker arms, two valves per cylinder

Ignition system:
electronic

Fuel delivery:
sequential injection with top-feed twin-spray injectors

Compression ratio:
9.5:1

Horsepower (hp / kw @ rpm):
185 / 138 @ 5200

Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm):
210 / 285 @ 4000

Hey V12,

Dont tell anyone, but I have driven this car in Boston!! Whats more, GM paid me $75 for the test!! One of my weekend activities out there was going to car showrooms as a potential customer and test drive the latest on offer ("Yeah, my father is stuck on the Celica but I kinda like the S2000. I think a test drive will convince me. Can I?")

Its ugly as hell, receives brick bats from all over the states...and it really didnt feel like a 3.5 liter engine. The interior quality was worse than a Hyundais

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ April 12 2004,12:58)]What do u think abt the Pontiac Aztek?? I feel its the MOST UGLIEST SUV in the whole world.

u said it man....i once saw a pic of this thing & i thought what on the face of earth is this!!! american designers from dharavi or what !!

M3

That thing sure is ugly . Doesnt look like an SUV from any angle. Maybe Hyundai should copy this one

Cheers

---- *"Pontiac’s new Aztec. The name conjures up images of a lost Mexican civilization that just couldn’t quite fit into the modern world. The car is much the same"

----"DaimlerChrysler took a shot at the Aztek sports recreation vehicle during DC's unveiling of three concept vehicles at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

An actor, dressed as a policeman, told the media crowd to stay clear of a runway, which the concept cars would be traveling down.

“The penalty for failing to yield to an outstanding vehicle is 90 days in an Aztek,” he said.

That anyone manufactures such a vehicle is a ridiculous thought by itself, but what is even more ridiculous is that people actually buy it.
Even that Chinese SUV we duscussed some time ago, yeah the same one made by the Chinese AC manufacturer was much better looking. It was called the Raytour, I think.

wanst there a ugly mpv from fiat too? whats was its's name??
i beleieve it was gonna be launched in india!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]wanst there a ugly mpv from fiat too?

The Fiat Multipla. Michael Schumacher owns one.

GTO

There was the Fiat Dublo too I guess

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ April 12 2004,21:06)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]wanst there a ugly mpv from fiat too?

The Fiat Multipla. Michael Schumacher owns one.

GTO

yes it may be ugly.. but its damm practical and a nice car

Ya the Multipla "was" an ugly MPV. But the facelifted Multipla looks much better. Thank god they changed the round lights and removed the lights from the A Pillar.

Old Multipla

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]but its damm practical and a nice car

U bet Stratos. It can seat 6*very easily and comfortably.

absolutely i quite like the multipla, it's got a nice quirky identity of its own. very practical and does what its suppose to do precisely well. disappointed that it didn't make it to india, would have been a hit, if the qualis is anything to go by.

tha aztek, well that is just a horrible production vehicle, maybe would have earned more respect as just a concept. i dont have a problem with ugly cars as long as they are good at their job, but the aztek, not even that.

a major facelift to the Multipla. Looks less ugly now.

One look at the Pontiac Aztek and you'll say, "Good old Chris Bangle is not that bad after all." Maybe General Motors should hire him.

Hey GTO,

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Whats more, GM paid me $75 for the test!!

How did you manage that?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The interior quality was worse than a Hyundais

Dont pick on hyundai for one of the only things they are good at !!

cheers
Rehaan