Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2004, 12:58   #1
Team-BHP Support

As I told you guys on Saturday, here are a few pics I had taken in Canada. Got a lot more, but need the time to scan em, so I'll add to the album later.

Enjoy these for now...

P.S. All those ferrari's and the Mclaren are owned by the same guy!! lucky son of a *@$*

Super cars!!
Rtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2004, 13:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow dude those are some pics!!!!

Some people have all the luck in the world

Cheers
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2004, 14:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey rtech,

Incorrect link. I am being directed to an album which contains only the bombay drag racing pictures. Dippy, how did you manage to see the pictures?

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2004, 15:01   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

http://community.webshots.com/user/rtech_78-date
Heres the lnk
Old 12th April 2004, 15:33   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rtech,

Very very very very few people get to ever see the Mclaren F1 even once in their entire lifetime.

Lucky you

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2004, 16:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey GTO you have click on the link caleed "Newest" It will take you to the album
Old 12th April 2004, 17:10   #7
Team-BHP Support

yup...i sure do consider myself lucky! unforgetable experience...and to see the F40 and F50 on the same day as well....
Old 12th April 2004, 17:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

I JUST LOVE THAT FERRARI 355 CHALLENGER, IT LOOKS COOL......
Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2004, 01:43   #9

Hey,

As many of you know, I was in Boston last year and was really lucky to see the Mclaren F1...was awesome...though I didnt get to hear her take off...was parked when I saw her. *Check out the pics....
Mclaren F1

kimibabe
kimibabe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2004, 06:38   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Rtech the pic with the sun shinning off the gold engine bay is spectacular!!
tell us about the experience of the ride in the mclaren and also is that you in that open wheeled car? did you do the jim russell racing school? give us the whole deal.

cya
Rehaan
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2004, 06:40   #11
Team-BHP Support

And kimi, looks like you have given me a good reason to go to boston!! (from RI) will wait till we get further into the supercar-summer though!
cya
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2004, 12:34   #12
Team-BHP Support

Those are some nice pics kimibabe. I sure won't forget the day I saw the F1. It was my day off from work (I used to work at the track itself for the Jim Russell School) and there were rumors going about that there was gonna be a Mclaren F1 comin to the track that day. I found that hard to believe, as what are the chances of actually seeing one in person huh!

Anyways, I decided to get to the track to see for myself. When I entered, I saw an F40 in the lot. It had a gearbox problem after running just 3 laps, and was out for the day. There was no sign of the Mclaren though.

And then I saw it...! On the far side of the track coming upto the last corner. Silent, I couldn't hear a thing at first. There was a 911 cabrio in front of it being driven in anger, you could hear the flat six bouncing off its limiter. Coming onto the main straight past the pits where we were, the F1 just glides past the 911 as though 3 of the 6 cylinders had suddenly quit! Still, you could not hear a whipser outa the F1. Its only towards the end of the straight coming into the first corner that I finally got to hear it...closing in on its redline...omg...I've never heard a sound like that before. It wasn't like the loud, brash sound you hear outa say the 356 in Mumbai, but was just such a mellow, deep sound, like it didn't have to prove anything to anyone! The car knew it was the best...and it didn't make a noise about it! Authoritative...thats the word it think!!

He pulled into the pits after about 5 laps. Opened up all engine cover, doors, and let it cool. The carbon airbox, the gold engine bay, the magnesium brace and a whole bunch of other exotic metals ticking away as things cooled. Thats when I took the pics.

The car itself, along with all the others you see in those pics, belongs to the sole (at that time) distributor of Tommy clothing in Canada. I tried my luck and asked him if he would give me a ride in it. Well, he did, sorta! Drove me from the pits to the paddock at the back well...beggars can't be choosers right!

I'll have the rest of the F1 pics up as soon as I scan em. And yes Rehaan, that is me in the F2000 just before a race. I did the F2000 season at the track there. Was working as a mechanic for the Jim Russell Racing School, and instead of paying me in cash, they let us race their cars for free. great experience, and the cheapest way to race.
Old 14th April 2004, 06:02   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ April 13 2004,11:04)]Was working as a mechanic for the Jim Russell Racing School, and instead of paying me in cash, they let us race their cars for free. great experience, and the cheapest way to race.
Holy moly shoot!@ DREAMJOB right there!!!

how on earth did u get urself that job?
what kinda stuff were u entrusted with as a mechanic?

sounds like a dream!
Rehaan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks