Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 00:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
But dont you guys think it won't have that exclusivity any more? Do you get what i'm saying? Part of the RR ownership experience is the exclusivity and price you pay for it. Its all about money and power. Atleast I thought it was the way they sold these things and they way people go gaga over the RR's.?! Surprised not all of you think that way ... guess folks do want a cheap RR.
I completely agree with you. Basically it is proof that for RR, just like Porsche money is more important than tradition..
Old 31st May 2008, 16:07   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But dont you guys think it won't have that exclusivity any more? Do you get what i'm saying? Part of the RR ownership experience is the exclusivity and price you pay for it. Its all about money and power. Atleast I thought it was the way they sold these things and they way people go gaga over the RR's.?! Surprised not all of you think that way ... guess folks do want a cheap RR.
Existing owners = . First-time Rolls Owners =

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
Attachment 17868

Attachment 17869

Attachment 17870

This is built to compete against Bentley's £117,500 Flying Spur.
It even looks like a Bentley, especially the front end!
Old 20th February 2009, 08:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Rolls Royce 200EX - is it an affordable Rolls

A Rolls-Royce for the man on the street? Hardly. UK CAR magazine reckons the price tag on the RR4 will touch the £180,000 (US$257,000) mark. That's notably less than the £264,000 potential buyers are asked to part with for a Phantom but Rolls Royce say those who do decide to part with it won't feel the difference in ride or interior quality. The ‘waftability' factor in the RR4 will be just as high thanks to the use of similar air springs as those in the big Phantom.

The RR4 will be revealed in Geneva under the name 200EX concept. It's based on the long-wheel-base BMW 7-Series and will be sharing a few parts with it too. Mostly steel is to be used for its body construction and rearward-opening rear doors will feature. Though official dimensions are not yet released these official pictures of the 200EX show a very spacious rear interior. And so it should be since the whole car is about 5.4 metres (212 inches) long.

A powerful BMW V12 engine will be the source of force. It's very much likely to be coupled with a 7-speed ZF automatic gearbox. An iDrive-like infotainment system is installed and would be accessed through a round knob in the centre console and an electronically-retractable screen in the middle of the dashboard just above the air vents.

For more hi-reso photos: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/rolls-royce-200ex-concept/

Source: worldcarfans.com
Attached Thumbnails
Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-1.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-2.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-3.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-4.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-5.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-6.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-7.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-8.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-9.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-10.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-11.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-12.jpg  

Old 20th February 2009, 15:04   #34
BHPian

the car look nice, there are curve then phantom and rear reminds me of maserati saloon.
Old 20th February 2009, 17:54   #35
BHPian

It would look better if the front grill would be perpendicular and not curved.
Old 20th February 2009, 18:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will ..but the only way to grow the company is with a high(er) volume model that's cheaper. The C-GT and the Flying Spur made Benteley much more affordable but I wonder how much damage it did to the brand.

My worry is that many Phantom owners will jump on this because of its more manageble size.
Old 20th February 2009, 22:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Looks very German....it'll do very well in India when it arrives...rear looks neat...
Old 21st February 2009, 09:20   #38
BHPian

But as of now its the Rolls Royce Coupe that they Launching here Today in Mumbai approx price stated 5 crores.
Attached Thumbnails
Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-img_p6_1280x1024.jpg  

Cheaper Rolls Royce Coming-img_p14_1280x1024.jpg  

Last edited by madhokritesh : 21st February 2009 at 09:21.
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:05   #39
BHPian

If we look at the price difference, its about £80,000. If I could afford to pay £180k for a new car, I would surely go ahead and buy the full fledged Phantom at £260k rather than its smaller brother.

But I guess in a place like India where you pay more than 100% duty that would make a considerable difference. I am sure it will do well in India!
Old 24th February 2009, 00:38   #40
BHPian

Cheap or not, a Rolls is still a Rolls. I expect this to eat into Bentley sales.
Old 24th February 2009, 00:59   #41
BHPian

I always wanted to get a Rolls,this is good news to me as it's going to be more affordable and widely available from Maisto or Burrago .

Most Viewed