Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2004, 01:08   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Dippy , did u see any of these cars at the Malaysian GP??

Honda-Mugen City
The new Honda City has made a huge impact in this region since its launch. It has taken South East Asia especially by storm, and in Malaysia sold in numbers that had never been thought possible for a non-national (i.e. non-Proton and non-Perodua made) car. After having sold and delivered in excess of 10,000 units over a period of only several months, Honda Malaysia celebrates the City's success by building this special Honda-Mugen City for display in this year's F1 Roadshow.

The Nighthawk Black Pearl Sports Concept Honda-Mugen City is fully loaded with almost everything available from the Mugen catalog for the Fit-Aria (which what the City is sold as in Japan). The much loved complete Mugen bodykit, except for the front grille, has been fitted including the aerodynamic door visors. As befitting the term 'Sports Concept', the car has received performance-related upgrades as well; a Mugen Sports Muffler for power and Eibach Pro-Kit springs for handling, used with the stock City shocks. For the wheels, the much sought after 15inch Mugen MF10L white forged rims are used along with 195/50/R15 Bridgestone Potenza S03 tyres. Even the wheel nuts are Mugen items ! A fully leathered interior is finished off with Mugen 'Sports Pedals'.

Honda Access Accord
In spite of the controversy surrounding the Accord when it was launched here in Malaysia late last year, I understand that sales has been quite good. While many enthusiasts continues to lament it's rather sedated looks, the many who checked out the new Accord have obviously came away sufficiently impressed that many actually committed on a purchase ! Nevertheless, in a recent telephone conversation with one of Honda Malaysia's managers, I can sense a mild dissapointment that the Accord has not been completely accepted by enthusiasts. He understood the desire for a sporty look but at the same time has to work within the constraints imposed by the Accord's market position.

In an effort to address the concerns about what we Asians colloidally calls the 'uncle-ish' look of the Accord, Honda Malaysia prepared this Honda Access Sports Concept Accord to show that the 'export' Accord can look sporty and exciting as well. Using the excellent all-rounded 2.4l Accord as the base car, the complete Honda Access bodykit package is fitted comprising the front 'lower lip', a rear trunk spoiler, door visors and a set of fog-lights. To complete the 'sporty-look', the car is also lowered with a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs and the all important wheels are now large 17inch Enkei RPF1 Alloys fitted with 215/50/R17 Yokohama ASPEC dB A500 tyres. The 2.4l Accord already comes with a fully leathered interior of course.

Source : Vtec.net
Old 3rd April 2004, 01:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I WANT THAT ACCORD!!!

As much as I hated the looks of the Accord on initial glance, I must admit that they sure have grown on me. Dare I say, I even find it to be good looking now! Honda did take a break from their oh-so-boring Accords eternal when they came out with this droopy yet eye catching design.

GTO

BTW, did you know that even in the US, the Accord V6 sedan is not offered with a manual. Its only the coupe version that sports the slick 6 speed gearbox
Old 3rd April 2004, 03:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yeah V12 I somehow rem seeing these in KL. They look even more better when you see them in the flesh. Hondas sell very well in Malaysia and I saw many Citys and Accords including the earlier VTIL models and all cars shod with awesome looking wheels. I wouldnt mind driving a City that looks like that and the Accord is delicious..

Cheers
Old 5th April 2004, 13:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey guys check out the city body kit by agm technologies, it looks really good!
Old 5th April 2004, 14:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey aadis any website or link to see the stuff u mentioned?
Old 5th April 2004, 14:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

see agmtechnologies.com, but it is rarely updated ,there is a ad in this months od
Old 6th April 2004, 01:00   #7
BHPian

nice accord looks crazy.
Old 14th April 2004, 10:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

The accord looks great but the City just doesnt have the racing breed.

I have totaly erased all hopes of seeing the NHC in a sporty form. The City just isn't the car it used to be.

On 2nd thought, i think i'll go and get myself comfortable with the "Big Daddy" of all Honda Citys'......my very own, Variable Valver!!!

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 14th April 2004, 14:19   #9
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I have totaly erased all hopes of seeing the NHC in a sporty form. The City just isn't the car it used to be.
You are right Shantanu. How much ever you accessorize the NHC, theres no way its gonna look sportier than the OHC.
Old 10th April 2005, 13:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

this is a honda accord belonging to KD Madan. its 3 litre V6 VTEC.

Last edited by ported_head : 10th April 2005 at 13:09.
Old 14th April 2005, 19:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

The city looks slightly, well, embarassing to me, the Accord would look awesome in black, and with more low profile tires.
Old 14th April 2005, 23:18   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

The city is quite cool but i prefer Autophysches in black with the black grill.
The accord will really look sexy in black and with better alloys.
Old 15th April 2005, 02:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey guys
this is the same car that nitrous uploaded ...

http://img114.echo.cx/img114/8426/mugenaccord8ht.jpg
Old 27th April 2005, 22:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

guys does a Accord V6 have two exhaust pipes on both sides??
Old 28th April 2005, 12:05   #15
BHPian

yep it has 2 exhausts..my sister in law drives that in bangkok..its an auto though..but super powerful!..you can really feel the "shove" back on to the seats when you take off.

Most Viewed