Team-BHP - the BULLITT MUSTANG's back
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   the BULLITT MUSTANG's back (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/31145-bullitt-mustangs-back.html)

a steve mc queen special photoshoot

Ford’s history-plundering is almost complete with regards to the Bullitt Mustang. A photoshoot in San Francisco has provided us with these pictures of the special edition re-creating scenes from the Steve McQueen über-car chase. After looking through pictures of some of the bewinged special Mustangs at the SEMA show, the Bullitt version looks almost naked; the new car even does without a rear spoiler as per the 1968 original.
Even the famous pony badges have been ditched in the pursuit of authenticity, although there is still a smattering of Bullitt logos around the cabin and on the fuel filler cap, and the car is available in the Highland Green of the McQueen car.
The car does feature a little extra horsepower over the standard car, with a modified suspension set-up to attempt to keep the car on the island.
Limited to 7,700 units, the Bullitt Mustang sells in the US for $31,075 – that’s £14,781.78.

PistonHeads Headlines

Any idea how many horses this one would have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 621997)
Any idea how many horses this one would have?

nothing as of now but as the article states should be a little over the stock mustang i guess it should be some where near 320-350 bhp.

Stock mustang is 210bhp for the base version.
I guess this will get the 4L V8 with a turbo or something

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 622001)

the 210 is the v6 i think its going to be a slightly modified v8 4l due to the pricing is also some where close by to the v8.
but i doubt they would turbo or supercharge it because from the article they say little extra horsepower over the stock car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 622001)

No turbo dude. Just an upgrade to the fuel map and some cosmetic upgrades.
They say that the designers used a DVD of the move BULLITT to come up with some design tweaking cues for this one. Its mostly only cosmetic like a whole myriad of variations the Mustang has received lately.

Oh ok..so its not going to be a faster or more powerful machine..
Eitherways..it'll get people interested.

Looks good!!!

bitethebullitt

the car is great. i love the mustang i think they do have a racing version that is used on the track as well.
@ nitin it would be a faster and more powerful machine than that stock mustang. yes and the name makes it more desirable for sure.

here is the picture piston head doesnt allow pics on forums so:

So who's starring in the remake of "Bullitt"?????

AAAhhhhhh...... the Bullit Mustang (actually any pre 71 Mustang)......Ecstacy!!
I think The new Bond would be fitting in Steve Mcqueen's role

Wow, what a coincidence. Today only I made my son see Bullit, which I had seen in 1978.
Nice post!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 622272)
So who's starring in the remake of "Bullitt"?????

Brad Pitt's starring in it according to the guys at Autoblog. The cars will be the same as well they say, a Mustang and Dodge Charger R/T.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 622084)
the car is great. i love the mustang i think they do have a racing version that is used on the track as well.
@ nitin it would be a faster and more powerful machine than that stock mustang. yes and the name makes it more desirable for sure.

They have atleast 10 versions of this generation mustang launched in the past 1 year of which atleast 6 are official ford versions and others being Roush and Saleens.