Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 16:02   #1
BHPian

The Hennessey Venom GT Concept

Quote:
Hennessey Performance Engineering today announced that it is introducing the company's first concept car - The Venom GT.

Penned by British auto designer, Steve Everitt, the Venom GT would incorporate Hennessey's potent Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper V10 powerplant into a light weight mid-engine chassis weighing "under 2,700 lbs". Power would be run through a 6-speed transmission or optional sequential gearbox.

With a power to weight ratio of just 2.7 lbs per bhp Hennessey estimates that the Venom GT could attain 0 to 100 km/h times in less than 2.5 sec. and a 0-300 km/h time of around 14 seconds. Company founder, John Hennessey, is careful to point out that the Venom GT is not being built as a "Veyron Slayer". out, "The Veyron is an ultra fast and ultra luxurious grand touring car which also happens to be quicker and faster than any other road car, except for our Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT which beat the Veyron earlier this year from 0-200 mph. The Venom GT will be a much more engaging sports car to drive by challenging the driver with 1000+ HP in a chassis that is nearly 1500 lbs lighter than the Veyron."

Hennessey said, "The company already has existing Venom 1000 Twin Turbo clients interested in ordering the lighter, mid-engined Venom GT. "Right now are taking a serious look at building 2 concept cars that could be shown to the public sometime in 2009. If there is enough demand we may consider doing a very limited production run of the Venom GT."

If the Venom GT goes into production, it would be built at the company's facility at Lonestar Motorsports Park which is located just west of Houston, Texas.
Hennessey Performance Announces Venom GT Supercar Concept - Automotive News and Motorsports News at Fast-Autos.net!

Proposed Specifications:

Vehicle Type: Mid-engine, rear-drive; 2-door, 2-passenger

Dimensions: Curb Weight: Less than 2,700 lbs
cd: 0.39 (with VenomAero rear wing up)

Brakes: front - 14 inch carbon rotors with 6-piston calipers; rear - 14 inch carbon rotors with 4-piston calipers

Engine: Viper V10 (8.5 litre)
Hennessey Venom 1000 Twin Turbo System

Power: 1000 bhp @ 5,200 rpm
1100 lb-ft torque @ 4,200 rpm

Estimated Performance: 0-60 mph: 2.4 sec.
0-100 mph: 5.3 sec.
0-150 mph: 8.9 sec.
0-200 mph: 15.7 sec.
Top Speed: 260 mph (421 km/h)

Transmission: 6-speed Manual

Optional Equipment: 1200 bhp Engine Upgrade (must use 98 octane fuel)
Sequential 6-speed Transmission
Automatic Transmission
Custom Interior
Matching Luggage
Right Hand Drive
Driving Instruction
Air Freight Shipping

Quote:
For Immediate Release

HENNESSEY VENOM GT
Concept Car

1000 BHP + 2700 lb Mid-Engine Chassis = New Benchmark of Sports Car Performance

HOUSTON, TEXAS (November 20, 2007) - Hennessey Performance Engineering today announced that it is introducing the company's first concept car - The Venom GT.

Penned by British auto designer, Steve Everitt, the Venom GT would incorporate Hennessey's potent Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper V10 powerplant into a light weight mid-engine chassis weighing "under 2,700 lbs". Power would be run through a 6-speed transmission or optional sequential gearbox.

With a power to weight ratio of just 2.7 lbs per bhp Hennessey estimates that the Venom GT could attain 0 to 100 km/h times in less than 2.5 sec. and a 0-300 km/h time of around 14 seconds. Company founder, John Hennessey, is careful to point out that the Venom GT is not being built as a 'Veyron Slayer'. Hennessey point out, saying, 'The Veyron is an ultra fast and ultra luxurious grand touring car which also happens to be quicker and faster than any other road car, except for our Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT which beat the Veyron earlier this year from 0-200 mph. The Venom GT will be a much more engaging sports car to drive by challenging the driver with 1000+ HP in a chassis that is nearly 1500 lbs lighter than the Veyron.'

Hennessey said, 'The company already has existing Venom 1000 Twin Turbo clients interested in ordering the lighter, mid-engined Venom GT. "Right now are taking a serious look at building 2 concept cars that could be shown to the public sometime in 2009. If there is enough demand we may consider doing a very limited production run of the Venom GT.'

If the Venom GT goes into production, it would be built at the company's facility at Lonestar Motorsports Park which is located just west of Houston, Texas.
Hennessey Performance Engineering - Item Detail Page

i think its based upon the exige gt3.looks similar but 1000 bhp in that small car. American muscle redefined.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2017 at 23:22. Reason: Old title.
pawan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2007, 17:15   #2
BHPian

that is a rocket man o to 100 in 2.4 sc wow and looks very mean
Old 4th December 2007, 19:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

She looks like a mix between a Mclaren F1 LM and a Lotus Elise..

I dont know why anyone even bothers comparing cars with the Veyron, The Veyron is just in a different league alltogether.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
She looks like a mix between a Mclaren F1 LM and a Lotus Elise..
Absolutely!! Right down to the exact LM alloys. Pretty sad...

cya
R
Old 4th December 2007, 20:35   #5
BHPian

Hey look....It's lotus Elise on steroids..
Old 4th December 2007, 20:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Forget everything else..this is what caught my attention:
'If the Venom GT goes into production, it would be built at the company's facility at Lonestar Motorsports Park which is located just west of Houston, Texas. '

I know what I'm gonna be doing next couple of weeks.

As for the car..hehe..1000bhp.. droool!!
Old 4th December 2007, 21:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

It's nice that the designers got inspired by the Lotus Elise & the McLaren F1. Thanks to the inspiration they got from those two cars the end product looks good! Especially since the other (supposedly) Veyron beater from the Us of A is the hideous looking SSC Aero.
Old 4th December 2007, 23:35   #8
BHPian

McLaren nothing. It is a photostat copy of the Lotus Sport Exige (I have a Lotus Sport Elise)

Old 5th December 2007, 01:43   #9
BHPian

it is similar to the exige.actually i am looking forward to this car since also koenigsegg started out some thing similar with the base block from ford.they are making a fast car even faster.

isn't the sport exige a one off car.
Old 5th December 2007, 01:58   #10
BHPian

Yes, the Lotus Sport Exige was a one off. Its an exige, but with the driveline turned through 90 degrees to run longitudnally, fitted with a turbocharged GM V6 engine, and the transmission sitting further behind it. Plus the bodywork was reworked to accomodate the greater wheelbase, length, suspension geometery changes etc.

Hennessy has no serious expertise in anything except engine development so I wonder if they are contracting Lotus to develop the car for them and don't feel wrong in representing another Lotus design as representative of what they'll be producing.
Old 5th December 2007, 02:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
that is a rocket man o to 100 in 2.4 sc wow and looks very mean
No mustang, it is 0-60 in 2.4.

Quote:

Estimated Performance:
0-60 mph: 2.4 sec.
0-100 mph: 5.3 sec.
Old 5th December 2007, 02:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
No mustang, it is 0-60 in 2.4.
i think he means kmph.

but seeing hennessey past of not delivering selling of parts of the car and using old stuff on the car from some of his cars done and the time he takes to do them i am not to enthusiastic about this car.its sad that a good builder he is and the stunts he pulls of.
Old 5th December 2007, 02:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
i think he means kmph.
I guessed the same. However, it would be silly on my part to discuss something as trivial as this (it is just someone's interpretation, lol) on a thread like this.
Old 5th December 2007, 05:58   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
Hennessy has no serious expertise in anything except engine development so I wonder if they are contracting Lotus to develop the car for them and don't feel wrong in representing another Lotus design as representative of what they'll be producing.
I would hope so...infact, if these are official pictures, i really dont see any other way!

cya
R
Old 5th December 2007, 08:05   #15
BHPian

My god is it a car or a rocket?She looks like Lotus Sport Exige .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks