Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 09:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGuy View Post
Exactly.......may be I can too?
Definitely. You only know what you can. Do post your buying experience.
Old 5th April 2009, 13:40   #32
BHPian

Need advise to Bring an used Car back to India

Hi All,

A friend on mine in returning for good from UK. He owns a 1997 BMW 317 currently. He is looking at bringing the same back to India for his use. Please do let me know if the same is a viable option and what may be the average costs for bringing the same to blore. The value of the car is about 1500 GBP, but the emotional value attached to it is very high.

I would appreciate if the team can throw some light onto the same. Also the car is a 2.8 L petrol. What may be the average expense for upkeep in Blore and where to get the same serviced. It also does not have a air-con fitted. Would it be possible to fit the same here or should we get it fitted in UK?

Appreciate your help guys.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th April 2009 at 13:55. Reason: Search please
Old 5th April 2009, 15:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Not worth it as it will have no resale value in India for a long time till it becomesa classic (15 years!!) and even then not uniques enough to command top $. Since it is more than 3 years old there will be a penalty even if it comes on TR! Retrofitting an A/c into the three in India not recommended as after the 80's these cars cannot accept generic kits so either he brings one with the car/fits one in the UK(both will be very expensive, cost maybe more than the car!). His best bet is to trade this one with an A/c car and pay a very small difference or forget the whole :( thing and buy something locally cheap!

Last edited by canonball : 5th April 2009 at 15:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks