Team-BHP - My Pup and I are in a hurry - Schumi drives a taxi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   My Pup and I are in a hurry - Schumi drives a taxi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/32496-my-pup-i-hurry-schumi-drives-taxi.html)

It seems that you can take Michael Schumacher out of racing, but you can't take racing out of Michael Schumacher.

The seven-time Formula One world champion took over from his taxi driver in order to make it to the airport in time for a flight, it has emerged.

Michael Schumacher has ruled himself out of any return to Formula One
Cabbie Tuncer Yilmaz watched in awe as the racing legend, 38, showed him how his job ought to be done.

"I found myself in the passenger seat, which was strange enough, but to have 'Schumi' behind the wheel of my cab was incredible," Mr Yilmaz told German newspaper the Muenchner Abendzeitung

more hereMichael Schumacher drives taxi in airport dash - Telegraph

Lucky cab driver !! :p :lol:

The cab driver seemed surely to be on top! Man it would feel great for Shumi to drive your car!

Maybe schumi saw Tararumpum.

How come no one baying for Schumi's blood for driving like that on public roads ?
Here it is - from the article
Quote:

He drove at full throttle around the corners and overtook in some unbelievable places," said a white-knuckled Mr Yilmaz.

It was the Autobahn with no limits. Hence so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 654851)
It was the Autobahn with no limits. Hence so.

The Autobahn has corners?

Plus hes schumi, everyone loves him.

"Famously, German autobahns have no blanket speed limits, so the driver was able to put the cab through its paces."

He drove on the Autobahn ? I thought I read he went to a village to pick up his pup !

hey Mr. Fuel Economy, give the guy a break will ya! When you become the greatest driver in history, we'll cut you some slack too!

maybe all that speed or lack off ;) got to his head...or he is missing the limelight !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 654880)
hey Mr. Fuel Economy, give the guy a break will ya! When you become the greatest driver in history, we'll cut you some slack too!

cmon dude..of course give him a break but not a free license to drive like a maniac..he drives fast on a track controlled environment traffic is a different story

Guys, before you'll go on to condemn him to an eternity of hell, please take a moment to read the article. It says: "Although he was driving an Opel Vivaro, a minivan-style vehicle which has a top speed of 163km (101 miles) per hour,"

If the van had a TOP SPEED of 100mph, how fast could he have really driven! We just love to crucify don't we!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 654953)
Guys, before you'll go on to condemn him to an eternity of hell, please take a moment to read the article. It says: "Although he was driving an Opel Vivaro, a minivan-style vehicle which has a top speed of 163km (101 miles) per hour,"

If the van had a TOP SPEED of 100mph, how fast could he have really driven! We just love to crucify don't we!

exactly rtech..give him a break true but no exceptions to the rule..thats all !!
also media tends to stretch things for a juicy headline

nice article, im sure the cabbie was exaggerating a bit. schumi would not have driven like a madman with his wife and children and dog in the van.

on a different note, how awesome would it have been if there was someone in a bmw/merc or some other faster car and actually overtook schumi??? hahaha i wouldnt be able to sleep for days if that happened!!