Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 03:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
what is un-Mercedes,how should a Mercedes SUV look like?It does look like a smaller GL.
Lot of details vouching for attention. Althought the wheel arch shape is mostly reminiscent of the 190e w124 days. But then there are far too many attention grabbing lines. Then the D pillar is very lineage questioning.
Old 18th December 2007, 05:08   #17
BHPian

This car is too low to be considered as an SUV. In the 2nd picture, most of the guys are taller than the vehicle itself. I don't think it'll be capable enough in the wild.
Old 20th December 2007, 01:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes BLK takes aim at 1-series - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Another horribility in the making.
Old 20th December 2007, 09:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Apparently, the pics were taken on the set of the movie version of "Sex and the City"
Old 20th December 2007, 09:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

i really dont understand what mercedes is upto

from the lineup it looks like BLK is going to take on C coupe
and GLK will take on the M class

looks like mercedes is very aggressive towards getting the market share
Old 20th December 2007, 23:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i really dont understand what mercedes is upto

from the lineup it looks like BLK is going to take on C coupe
and GLK will take on the M class

looks like mercedes is very aggressive towards getting the market share
BLK will be smaller than C-class and C-class coupe will also get revamped, although based on the existing car itself.

GLK will get into the RAV4 range a segment lower than the ML.

A-class seemingly might not exist.
Old 20th December 2007, 23:45   #22
Team-BHP Support

package

Quote:
what is un-Mercedes,how should a Mercedes SUV look like? It does look like a smaller GL.
Take the R-Class for example. It's a mini-van (cross-over, if you prefer) that doesn't appeal to enthusiasts, as such, but it looks like people have put some thought and work into putting it together. They wanted to create a luxury mini-van, and they did.

The Baby GL, on the other hand - looks badly packaged - like Mercedes woke up one day, realised they had nothing to compete against the BMW X3 and put something together in a hurry - as fast as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
This car is too low to be considered as an SUV. In the 2nd picture, most of the guys are taller than the vehicle itself. I don't think it'll be capable enough in the wild.
This kind of vehicle will never be used in the wild. It's an out-and-out soft-roader, à la the X3, CRV, RAV4, etc., marketed at those who want slightly more luggage room, than the trunk of a car, but with basic 4x4 functionality for tackling bad weather.
Old 21st December 2007, 03:46   #23
BHPian

There is a very good reason it won't be sold in the UK. It's called Land Rover.
Tstag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2007, 10:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
The Baby GL, on the other hand - looks badly packaged - like Mercedes woke up one day, realised they had nothing to compete against the BMW X3 and put something together in a hurry - as fast as possible.
we haven't see enough details to push it off like that,we don't know how it drives,the interior or the space,comfort.I like it the way it looks,rounded vehicles especially SUV's dont appeal to me,that's why i hate the way the CRV looks.
Old 21st December 2007, 10:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstag View Post
There is a very good reason it won't be sold in the UK. It's called Land Rover.
Its not.Mercedes doesn't believe the GLK will enough volumes in the UK to justify the RHD model,if they see a demand in the future they will build one.No one is afraid or bothered about Land Rover.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:21   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its not.Mercedes doesn't believe the GLK will enough volumes in the UK to justify the RHD model,if they see a demand in the future they will build one.No one is afraid or bothered about Land Rover.
Actually, the 4wd mech is not designed for RHD. the eng cost vis a vis volumes do not justify it
Old 21st December 2007, 11:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Actually, the 4wd mech is not designed for RHD. the eng cost vis a vis volumes do not justify it
yes that's the reason.
Old 24th December 2007, 06:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I was half joking, but the more I consider this the more I think it's not so funny. In all seriousness Mercedes is a total disaster in the UK at selling SUV's. If people want a sporty SUV they go to BMW/ Porsche or Range Rover Sport. If they want a top offroad car with Luxury they go to Land Rover.

Mercedes is nowhere here. Part of the problem started when Mercedes launches the old G wagon against the Defender. The UK motoring press tore it to pieces and Mercedes never recovered it's reputation for making good 4x4's. In all honesty the only competitors Land Rover has in the UK are BMW, Volvo and Porsche a bit (not that much though). Just go to a supermarket car park in Britain. Plenty of Range Rover's and BMW X5's but Merc's? Your joking arn't you? In fact let me put some numbers on this. For ever 1 Mercedes SUV sold in the UK there are at least 8 Range Rover's and 3 BMW X5's. Even the hideous Porsche SUV outsells it and that's more expensive. Merc is a flop, it would cost too much to convert this to RHD beacause not many other markets are RHD.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:42   #29

Mercedes-Benz F800 Style: A glimpse at the next CLS

Mercedes-Benz F800 Style: A glimpse at the next CLS | myCarQnA

[COLOR=#ff6600]Mercedes-Benz[/COLOR] has released pics of its new F800 Style concept car, which showcases a range of new technologies and hybrid powertrains that could find their way on to Mercedes’ production car in the next few years. The F800 Style will also, it’s widely believed, form the basis for the next CLS four-door coupe.
The F800 Style concept has been designed so that it can work with a range of fuel cell and plug-in [COLOR=#ff6600]hybrid[/COLOR] powerplants. ‘For many decades now, our research vehicles have been turning pioneering concepts into reality and thereby setting future trends,’ says Professor Herbert Kohler, Head of E-Drive and Future Mobility and Chief Environmental Officer at Daimler. ‘Characteristic features of the F800 Style are its innovations, whose development is already close to the series production stage,’ he adds.
When the F800 Style-based next-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS is ready, we can safely expect it to be a very high-tech car, which would also be capable of functioning in full [COLOR=#ff6600]electric[/COLOR] mode for longer distances. Like it or not, the future is simply electric!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks