Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2004, 18:36   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

So you do want to buy a Shelby GT500 - in exactly the same specification as in the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" - restored by the grand Shelby himself? Well now you can...at prices starting at $80000 that is. Previously Shelby GT500's were either available as direct buys from owners who had kept them over the years, or recently restored cars...but mainly by the unorganised segment.

Sensing the growing popularity of this car after the hit movie, and to tap the potential $$$, a couple of partners including a Shelby dealer and the great Shelby himself have come up with this brilliant idea to restore GT500's. They will be made to exacting specifications and offer an choice of different powerplants.

If I had $100,000 right now for a car...believe it or not, I would honestly be stuck between a Ferrari and the Shelby GT500 E. This car has just too much of the good look factor, image and muscle car performance for me to resist. Its sheer charisma...a legend...the truly 60's American muscle car.

GTO

Heres a link to the complete Shelby article!!
Old 25th April 2004, 16:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

One of my fav cars... its awesome.... lets hope to see it again.. if they decide to make Gone in 60 seconds part-II
Old 25th April 2004, 16:34   #3
BHPian

Dont worry Stratos, the day I buy it, you'll see a Gone in 60 Seconds part-II , LIVE..

Thanks GTO Your My New Best Friend!!

p.s. And aadix, please dont come up with any wierd ideas for this one. You already killed my first love.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks