Team-BHP - Mercedes Nailed to Roof in Moscow
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Mercedes Nailed to Roof in Moscow (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/34101-mercedes-nailed-roof-moscow.html)

Source: Japanese Car Blog.com

There are bigger photos here.

"A full size Mercedes car is being nailed to the ceilings in one of Moscow airports now. It attracts sights from the people coming through the airport’s lobby and always question arises if it’s safe to walk right under in - or it might occasionally fell on your head? Well, some say that this is not real Mercedes but is made of plastic instead, but if it so then this should be a very precise copy, because all the smallest details, like brake discs etc are perfectly visible."

Apparently this has been going on in a few cities like Hamburg, London etc...but this is the first time i've actually seen photos. Enjoy!

Interesting! So whats the story behind it?

Elito

thats crazy idea BTW.

what they are trying to prove ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 684391)

on a lighter note:

1. they are inspired by CARTOON network.
2. the tyres are very very grippy - better than chewing gums
3. Spiderman's / Batman's "formal" Ride

on a serious note:

1. its part of how differently you can advertise for your brand - they made sure that everyone will take a look at the car - if the car was placed on the ground level only people around it would have seen it. nice move :)

Any publicity is good, I guess. Just another advt. gimmick!!!

Ya.. I have seen Audi Q4 Quattro, Mercedes SLR, a Opel & BMW nailed to the roof of Terminal 1 & 2 of Hamburg Airport.Even Sixt(car rental) have such things in Hamburg.Shall post pics when i get there the next time. Meanwhile one from the internet.......

I have seen a Mclaren F1 car in Europa park(Freiburg) and Toyota F1 in Koln railway station.

Cars in Hamburg airport are supposedly real, but no idea abt the other ones.

This E Class looks fake. What's the need of tinting windows if it's real? There's nothing behind those windows. Beware. If this fell on your head, it'd crack in two. The car, that is.

That E is not real, otherwise it would fall with 1500kgs on weight acting along with gravity.

it probably is just the body. nothing inside thats why theyve tinted and it probably no engine also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 684544)
it probably is just the body. nothing inside thats why theyve tinted and it probably no engine also.

Possible. Thats what happens most often,when a car is suspended/attached to a surface and in normal circumstances the effort required to do so would be quite a bit.Hence the basic framework ,tires, other structures on the body are maintained,while the engine and even upholestry are removed.

Are the brake lights on? If yes,it could be wired to the wall,and hence remain on all the time. Gives the effect that the car's kept running.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elito11 (Post 684387)
Interesting! So whats the story behind it?

To discourage those vandals from stealing the badges and the tristar. lol:

To prove that its a LMV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 684391)
thats crazy idea BTW.

I guess we are all missing the point......it is not an advt for the car, it must be for the tyres, to prove that it has the best grip :uncontrol.

Offcourse it isn't real. Look at the body lines, the glass area, it looks like a cardboard piece.

The location is so attention grabbing that I dont find a single person looking at it.

Its probably some type of plastic model. Even if it is plastic,it sure is a good job!