Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2004, 11:38   #1
Team-BHP Support

For all you lovers of American Classics and Musclecars, here's an interesting website.

American Classics

Personal favourites include the Dodge Kingsway, Dodge Charger, Pontiac GTO, Chevy Camaro and ofcourse Shelby GT500.
Old 4th May 2004, 13:20   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, No other breed of cars on Gods earth has ever boasted of as much character as the long hood-short deck American muscle cars. They were so fast in a straight line, yet so horrible around the corners. They smoked, burbled, hiccuped through slow moving traffic but give them some stick...and the exhaust note would change the rest of your life for good.

I have always insisted that American cars have a load of character in them, even though they are lagging behind the Japs and Europeans in performance and quality.

My eternally favorite muscle cars are:

1. '65 Mustang 350GT (In white with blue racing stripes)
2. '67 Shelby Mustang GT500 (And NOT bcoz of Gone in 60 seconds)
3. '69 Mustang BOSS 302 (The first awesome handling Mustang)

After the 70's, Ford really lost it and the Mustang became nothing but an overgrown fat piece of lard. Simply put, tt lost the charm of its original looks.

Yes I am a Mustang kinda guy, though I do love the '68 Chevy Camaro Z28.

GTO
Old 4th May 2004, 13:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

i loved muscle cars for the way they defined an era. and influenced a few generations. and always managed to get intoxicated by the exhaust note and the rumbling v8s. but they never went around corners or handle any good, and that was always in the back of my mind. and a good handling car means just too much to me. but i did love them for the glamour and the chrome and the big-block engines. there is always a compromise, aint there?
Old 4th May 2004, 15:05   #4
BHPian

muscle cars are what defined america in the 60's and 70's. american dreams......they surely were, and gasoline was cheap too. big monstrous v8s, slick fat rubber.......they could really fly in a straight line, smokin the rear tires and rippin up the asphalt below.....but thats almost it.

there's a turn ahead!! what?? i cant hear you!!

'68 pontiac gto - i love the hidden headlights, look downright wicked
'69 mustang boss 302
'70 chevelle ss 454 (with the LS6 engine rated @ 450 hp)
'70 dodge charger hemi R/T
'70 plymoth 'cuda 426 hemi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks