Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 12:46   #31
BHPian

there also seems to be a fancy convertible in the background in the red ferrari at dha picture. anyone able to identify that car?

Last edited by wheeler : 30th January 2008 at 12:47.
Old 30th January 2008, 13:18   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I also see a Santro in the bently picture
Old 30th January 2008, 14:57   #33
Team-BHP Support

btw: whats the price of petrol and diesel in Pakistan?
Old 30th January 2008, 15:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I hope it will certainly lower than India and Bangalore in particular.
Old 30th January 2008, 19:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
there also seems to be a fancy convertible in the background in the red ferrari at dha picture. anyone able to identify that car?
350z Roadster. These are legitimate Pakistani pics. I've got several friends from Pakistan here in London, and the tuner scene is pretty mental there.
Old 30th January 2008, 19:33   #36
BHPian

Where is DB1?. He has not turned up after posting the pics and he only made one post so far, so looks like no intro as well. I really doubt whether its true or fake post.
Old 30th January 2008, 20:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Petrol is about 56.7 PKR per litre.
Diesel, is 38-39 PKR per litre. Most new cars in Pakistan also come with factory fitted CNG kit. Its a rage in pakistan. CNG is freely available like some metros in India.

Last edited by hrman : 30th January 2008 at 20:30.
Old 30th January 2008, 23:03   #38
BHPian

I checked out the Pakistan Suzuki website and most of the cars are still the carburetted versions. Didn't they pass the emissons laws there some time back?

Also what's with the obsession with Hummers in the pictures.
Old 31st January 2008, 00:31   #39
BHPian

Those cars are indeedin pakistan . As far as ive heard , pakistan doesnt have any import duties or anything as such . Its a free port like dubai , most of the people import their cars from dubai and all over the world as they do not have official car manufacturer showrooms .

Here are some links to the cars seen in pakistan -

Isbunderground.com | Pakistan's Largest Tuner Website | Images | Videos | Events | Features

Old 31st January 2008, 00:38   #40
BHPian

The roads there indeed look better than India . They have a huge number of souped up rides and have Dyno meets and stuff very often . Heres a link to that - I remember having a video of the same supra doing 300+ some where in pakistan (This does mean they have good roads in our neighbouring country ) Will try to find itand put it up soon . I think its there on the link ive posted above .
Old 31st January 2008, 01:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
Those cars are indeedin pakistan . As far as ive heard , pakistan doesnt have any import duties or anything as such . Its a free port like dubai , most of the people import their cars from dubai and all over the world as they do not have official car manufacturer showrooms .
Yeah, imagine Bombay being a free port that would be awesome, we could get several cars and for a really low price.....imagine bringing in a Lamborghini murcielago at 1.5? or a BMW 3 series at 15 lakhs!!!!
Old 31st January 2008, 02:02   #42
BHPian

Hi,
Nice pics there. Looks like the snaps have been taken in some of the very posh areas of pakistan. Good to see couple of Hummers on the roads though.

Cheers
dhaval
Old 31st January 2008, 07:24   #43
BHPian

I think all those pictures are taken in Pakistan(background clearly is Pakistan).Its not surprising that they have many rich/influencial people who flaunt import laws and bring in(read smugle in) some exotic cars-mostly from the middle east.A Pakistani friend told me that they dont even bother to change licence plates.This is no way a reflection of what the rest of the country looks like.
Old 31st January 2008, 10:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

knowing pakistan to the certain extent i know i dont find anything unbelievable of DB1's post

that country(in terms of infrasture) is far ar more developed than india,its also a land of wealthy people(how can you forget pakistan was once north india??)

secondly if dhaka has so many exotics,i expect more in pakistan
believe me guys the kind of money that is getting pumped in from middle east,specially in real estate

from what i see pakistan is just 2 or 3 decades
from being totally developed just like this
and if by any chance IT or BPO's strike their country then the period of attaining a fully developed stature will come from 2-3 decades to maybe 10-12 years thats it!!!
what i am saying is population :development ratio in pakistan is very high

or is high enough to prove the presense of these cars

but then again there are also many lairs
remembr long back is some other site somebody had posted manikchands maybach to be in pakistan?
my point was we dont have to be shocked to see these cars in pakistan
AMATMO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2008, 15:50   #45
db1

Hello Friends how are you , Actually I went on an offroading trip where there was no internet for days so couldnt cope up with things I left off,Pakistan has all sort of cars from 350z to Rx8 , now the Mazda Rx8 which is a hot seller now a days as of its low price here in Pk as I can see more and more of them , just like honda civics on road , it has been a status symbol for the well off college students, apart from this all cars are from Pakistan as mostly people do not pay custom duty and all we can see are the export plates on most of the cars and niether of them is photoshopped , I am posting new pictures I took from this website Desi Burn :. Number 1 spot for desi street racers all around the world of a yellow 350z and my yesterday'z spotting and my friends

Check this video I made yesterday , In this video you will witness the street racers bullying with police
you wud really love it I hope

In Pakistan there is no Lamborghini at all , not even the older model there was one suppose to come as the Yellow Hummer owner even brought it to the port of Karachi but the custom officials as it is like 6500cc were demanding very very high custom duty or a very very high bribe so it was sent back to dubai.. Pakistan has good roads but there is one back drop street crimes have increased so far khair any more questions are welcomed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks