Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 13:30   #151
Senior - BHPian

The WHAM WHAM making machines will be Hydraulic and Mechanical presses. The Hydraulic ones are quieter but the Mechanical ones are the noise maker.
Old 6th March 2008, 16:52   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Now to analyse what you fellows are saying. The Nürburgring is in Nordrhein-Westfalen and I am in München - South Bavaria. By my reckoning even if I am flying non stop in that M3 it is still a 6 hour drive there.
About 4 hours Mr. Kapasi! lol Still, it would not have been manageable in one day!

Quote:
Why waste petrol? lol
Umm.. this is a petrol car right?
This is!
Old 6th March 2008, 17:47   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
About 4 hours Mr. Kapasi! lol Still, it would not have been manageable in one day!

This is!
Errrrrm, die Leute hier fahren fur 5 uhre in der Nacht. Nach fruhstuck, sie, on der tracke, gehen fur etwa 5-6 uhr. Well alles fertig, fahren sie zuruck - andere 5 uhr

Ihr Mann hast keine Liestung aber er is als verruckt als uns
Old 6th March 2008, 18:09   #154
BHPian

Ajmat Bhai english translation please... that was like a bouncer by courtney walsh!!
Old 6th March 2008, 18:09   #155
Senior - BHPian

Aree what is this ...Please post in English.

No Offense

Cheers

LBM
Old 6th March 2008, 18:15   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Errrrrm, die Leute hier fahren fur 5 uhre in der Nacht. Nach fruhstuck, sie, on der tracke, gehen fur etwa 5-6 uhr. Well alles fertig, fahren sie zuruck - andere 5 uhr

Ihr Mann hast keine Liestung aber er is als verruckt als uns
Errrrrm, the people here drive for 5 hours in the night. After breakfast, they go on the track for 5-6 hours. Well all is done, they drive back - another 5 hours

Your man has no dhummm but he is as mad as us
Old 6th March 2008, 18:43   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Your man has no dhummm but he is as mad as us
I'd say my man had no other choice lol. He picked up the car at 10 am and had to return it by 18.30 pm! So that would have been pretty tight! And that's why some other plans were made, andI am sure you all will quite enjoy - wait for Sam to continue with the story
Old 6th March 2008, 21:49   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
And that's why some other plans were made, and I am sure you all will quite enjoy - wait for Sam to continue with the story
Oh I've already finished and closed that chapter. How typical. lol. Of late the trend is to make prequels. Here, you can read where we went in that M3 over here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...7-austria.html
Old 6th March 2008, 22:20   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Oh I've already finished and closed that chapter. How typical. lol. Of late the trend is to make prequels. Here, you can read where we went in that M3 over here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...7-austria.html
Ok ok, very sorry - I wasn't looking for any further threads! Guess I will have to take a better look into this forum's organisation and habits lol.
Old 7th March 2008, 13:20   #160
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Then we walk onto the bridge and I stare in shock. This can't be right.

It's as quiet as a funeral. There is not much light. There are these massive ugly robots with odds and ends sticking out of them. They don't even look humanoid, like we imagine them to be. They look like machines from.... from The Matrix.
A cross between the squid looking robot that flies behind the ships and those massive harvesters that roam the killing fields.

What's strikes me is the eerie silence. Nothing is going on. The machines are crouched and silent. but the air is thick with an event just about to occur.

What is also eerie is the proximity of the robots to each other. Too close for comfort I would say. Robots don't need comfort.

The line from the stamp arrives here I guess. Where are the humans?

Suddenly I am jolted out of my reverie. All robots wake up together. It is the most terrifying sight I have seen.

SCREE, WHOOO, BAM, SCREE and they are all flying at manic speeds at each other. Lifting pieces of car and flinging them at each other. I can see from the welding spark light. It's the fastest evil dance I have seen in my life. It's manic. The robots are aiming tons of shapely steel within millimetres of each other. Nothing brushes, nothing touches.

One holds down the screaming piece of metal, the other injects it quickly with little bolts of lightning hot flame till the piece gives up and dies. Soon that dead piece of steel will be amalgamated into a part of a machine. I can see the machines grinning at each other and bowing to each other after they have finished their chore in 1/100th of the time I would have taken.

We are frozen to the spot. I look at Melanie's face for a second and even she seems hypnotised by the evil dance. I can even see her smile slightly by the dramatic light of the welding sparks.

The manic dance takes a few seconds and all machines suddenly go back to silence and peace. Like it never happened.

Like somebody pressed the stop button on life's DVD player. The light is dim again because there are no flying sparks.
There is an eerie and deathly silence that is ringing in my ears.

The Australian guy speaks first. "This ain't right, mate."

To be continued...
Sam you should promote factory tours!! I have no doubt you'll have a year long waiting list Very entertaining account!!

Last edited by DKG : 7th March 2008 at 13:23.
Old 10th March 2008, 18:53   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 14th February 2008 - Inside BMW Werk - continued

We are still in shock and awe as we move on further.

"Umm, Melanie?"
Yes?

"Where are those people?" I feel the need to see people working. We will see them shortly.

We walk past the welding area into further assembly. It is only then that I realise that cars have 2 shells, an inner and an outer shell. Stupid me.

We walk further into the paint shop.

This is the paint shop? With a white floor?

BMW does not paint all cars the same colour in one batch. In fact it is quite common to paint one car red and the other black in succession.
Melanie informs us that other car companies may make a hue and cry about the environment, but BMW uses Water-based colours on it's cars and does more for the environment that other brands, without making a song-and-dance about it.

We walk into a viewing gallery where the cars are on a line. It's behind glass panels and it kind of reminds of of that Tom Cruise movie, Minority Report. I can see water flowing and gushing under the cars.
We are explained that the paint spray that does not get absorbed by the car, falls into this water. The water is cleaned, the paint disposed off hygenically and the water re-used.

But once again, there are no people.

One Robot opens the door, the other spray paints the inside and outside. I can count about 10 of them painting the cars. Sure enough, a Bodyshell is painted red in front of me and the next one is painted white. Amazing.

I keep wishing I had a camera.

I am still very uncomfortable with this level of Automation. I really need to see some grease and people.
Old 10th March 2008, 19:30   #162
BHPian

Wow !! Just Wow!!

What an experiance it would have been Sam. Thanks for bringing it to life for all of us. Don't worry about the camera, your narration is more than making up for it.
Old 10th March 2008, 20:44   #163
Team-BHP Support

lucky guy you are sam. now im waiting for the pics of you with the m3.
Old 10th March 2008, 20:58   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
lucky guy you are sam. now im waiting for the pics of you with the m3.
In time, in time I will reach that part. But till then, here is a picture to keep you going

M3? Which one is that? THIS one?
Bavarian Yeti® Works-2119680.jpg
Old 10th March 2008, 21:24   #165
Senior - BHPian

A Wagon-R behind that !!!! hehe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks